I knows its not Cunard but....

roscoe39

Just thought I;d let you know because I know you have been concerned....we have managed to out run Cyclone Hola! and even this morning it was still pretty bleak out there but we are now under blue skies and a stunning blue sea....and ....i was pleased to see that the games have started today with the additional of "The Sexiest man alive" competition held around the pool. Add that to the Belly flop competition and you will get a sense of the crowd a round the pool.

Hola! continues to head south to NZ after striking New Caledonia and I believe a number of ships are now avoiding the area we were in.

On a good note had a terrific look around the bridge and engine control room. Even though its an older ship (18 years) the technology still astounds me.

The Explorer of the seas might not be for me but the crew on board are exceptional and very professional and the experience for a family would be stellar.

Just got off the Explorer this morning with the opinion that RCL does what they do very well, their internet package is fantastic and the one thing that I wish Cunard would adopt. Although the ships wasn't for me I'm glad I tried it - but give me elegant and relaxed over fast and furious and screaming children anytime.

Roscoe... enjoyed it greatly---- thks ! Are you back on the QM2 for the last 1/2 of the W/C ? If so, see you then, as we board 3/31 in Hong Kong.

No bother it..sorry, Japan and Alaska was too tempting a trip to say no, so its be QV and Qm2 unless i can swing a deal and the trifecta!

Thanks for reading Guys, I missed the camaraderie of the Cunard crew and passengers...R

Thanks Roscoe. I enjoyed reading.

I have wondered about the internet package. When I was on Celebrity a couple of years ago I thought their prices were too high and didn't buy the package. Would you be prepared to tell us the price on this ship?

I wonder what would happen if Cunard brought in a similar package. I assume we wouldn't get it as a perk for being Diamond level, the way we do now. My fear is that we would end up having to pay a largish amount rather than getting enough time to scrape through. After all, it's best if I don't spend all my time on the internet when I'm on a ship. It's meant to be a holiday.

I have wondered about the internet package. When I was on Celebrity a couple of years ago I thought their prices were too high and didn't buy the package. Would you be prepared to tell us the price on this ship?

I wonder what would happen if Cunard brought in a similar package. I assume we wouldn't get it as a perk for being Diamond level, the way we do now. My fear is that we would end up having to pay a largish amount rather than getting enough time to scrape through. After all, it's best if I don't spend all my time on the internet when I'm on a ship. It's meant to be a holiday.

Not meaning to steal Roscoe's thunder by any means, but I'll jump in here with my experience concerning Royal Caribbean's internet pricing. The regular price for the internet package they call "VOOM Surf + Stream" is typically $19.99 per day unlimited usage for a single device. But that regular price is almost always discounted when purchased prior to the cruise and is often available to pre-purchase at 30% off ($13.99 per day for a single device). Complicating matters further is sometimes there are promotions where internet and beverage packages are bundled together. I took advantage of one of those packages last year to reduce the cost of the internet to $10.50 per day for a single device. I have also heard of some special limited-time promotions where the internet package was available for as little as $9.99 per day for a single device. From there the price per device goes down if you would be interested in purchasing an internet package for multiple devices.

I know, probably way too much information! For the purposes of this discussion, I'd figure on using that 30% off price of $13.99 per day for a single device as a typical "real world" price for internet access on Royal Caribbean.

Regards, John

hi..Bluemarble was spoton - i paid nz$13 odd dollars for one device which was fine - i chopped and changed between my 3 devices, it was fast and I always got reception even though the pacific isn't the best place to do so.

The "all you can drink package" ran at $70 to $80 per day - therein lies the reason some of these ships have security issues in my opinion.....

I really appreciate Cunards laundrette now that I have been denied it and my daily

iron. it was amusing to see how many irons they collected on the naughty table at security, you would think that was saying something to RCL.

Thank you to Bluemarble and Roscoe. At $13 per day for a 14-day or 23-day cruise (the two I have booked for this year) I would not bother with the internet. I would use free wifi in port. (I managed okay with that during two cruises on Celebrity.) I love the free time I get as a diamond member and use it all. I find that each time my allowance has increased (as I went up through the tiers), so my 'need' of the internet increased. However, the time I spent resting and reading decreased similarly.

I would hate any change that meant Cunard not giving us free wifi in exchange for loyalty.