Cabin quetion

wabamun

We've never cruised with Viking but are considering Into the Midnight Sun next year.

Any comments on cabin 5035 on Jupiter? It looks like a good location.

Thanks much.

We were in 4025 on deck four....similar location, one deck lower. I assume you are looking at the PV cabins. If you want to save a small amount and if it's available, you could consider the PV3 on deck 4 instead of the PV2 on deck 5, but otherwise they are identical, and we obviously like the location. I have that cabin booked on a future cruise as well. One time we were in the Explorer Suite....now that was an amazing cabin!

We were in 4025 on deck four....similar location, one deck lower. I assume you are looking at the PV cabins. If you want to save a small amount and if it's available, you could consider the PV3 on deck 4 instead of the PV2 on deck 5, but otherwise they are identical, and we obviously like the location. I have that cabin booked on a future cruise as well. One time we were in the Explorer Suite....now that was an amazing cabin!

AGREE. We found our PV3 on deck 4 4022 quite handily located. Easy access up to Explorer Lounge or down to Spa or Theater by staircase or elevator. Only drawback is longer walk to ship stern for dining venues. A non problem for us.

Since we’re talking about PVs ... in some pictures, I see a sliding glass door. In others, I see what looks like a standard glass door plus a window. I assume there are two different “flavors” of PV? We’re going to be in 4019, and I was just curious as to which it might be. I’m rather hoping it’s the door/window combo, since that one allows you to look outside from the couch.

Since we’re talking about PVs ... in some pictures, I see a sliding glass door. In others, I see what looks like a standard glass door plus a window. I assume there are two different “flavors” of PV? We’re going to be in 4019, and I was just curious as to which it might be. I’m rather hoping it’s the door/window combo, since that one allows you to look outside from the couch.

We had PV1 6011 and we had combo - floor to ceiling window with couch next to it and the glass door. I enjoyed the view from the bed.

We had PV1 6011 and we had combo - floor to ceiling window with couch next to it and the glass door. I enjoyed the view from the bed.

What ship were you on? We’ll be on the Sky. I wonder what determines which rooms have your arrangement vs. the sliding door ...

I just checked the picture of the PV1 on Sky. It’s exactly the same as ours. The man on the picture is standing behind floor to ceiling window

Right. The promotional materials show that version. But other people’s shots of their PVs just have the sliding glass door. Most odd ...

Right. The promotional materials show that version. But other people’s shots of their PVs just have the sliding glass door. Most odd ...

Hmm, strange.. Do you have a picture or link by chance? Will be interesting to see

Question about DV 4 or 5....Do the bed positions alternative like on Royal and Celebrity....ie one cabin has bed by balcony the next is by the bathroom.

All beds in the V and DV cabins are as you see in the 360° tour, closer to the bathroom. The only difference is that they alternate between the aft and the forward party walls.

We had PV1 on the Star. It had a door and window. Some of the PV cabins had sliders instead. I asked our neighbor (retired Navy) about that and he told me it has to do with the ‘ships ribs’. It’s a structural thing. I cannot give you much more than that on specifics but when we were standing on a dock, he pointed them out for me and the visual made sense. As to how one knows prior to boarding which they will have, I do not know any answer to that piece.

I looked through the pictures and the distance between bed, nightstands, wall, and sofa are tighter than in our cabin. In no way I could’ve reach sofa from the bed and my husband reach the wall. The picture of the bed and nightstands look like DV.

We had PV1 on the Star. It had a door and window. Some of the PV cabins had sliders instead. I asked our neighbor (retired Navy) about that and he told me it has to do with the ‘ships ribs’. It’s a structural thing. I cannot give you much more than that on specifics but when we were standing on a dock, he pointed them out for me and the visual made sense. As to how one knows prior to boarding which they will have, I do not know any answer to that piece.

Interesting! I thought it must be something structural like that. What was your cabin number, do you remember?