horseshoe bay questions

Cru1s1ng2009

My ship left at 4 so you could leave at 2 or 2:30. It doesn’t matter how many ships. I have been there myself from 8 -5 , one day stop on a Sunday and went to Horseshoe because the stores in Hamilton are closed on Sunday and the ferry does not run to St.George's on Sunday. That limits the options. Have you ever been to Bermuda? If it is your first time, besides the beach, Sunday would be a good day to do a tour.

This will be our 3rd cruise there(love Bermuda) but the others were pre-arranged private taxi type tours with just our family and friends(we saw practically the entire island between both times) but we never went to Horseshoe Bay. Hope it does not rain. Thanks for your advise.

I have been leaving Horseshoe Bay at 1:00 on the last day which was a Friday for my sailings and it was no problem. No mass exit at that time. I don’t know about later. The minibuses were lined up and left almost immediately.

Going in the last day is also good because a lot of cruise passengers are afraid to go the last day and stay at the Dockyard so it is less crowded on Friday. Go early and leave at 1:00 and there really is no stress to Horseshoe on the last day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree! We went on the last day and enjoyed an uncrowned Horseshoe bay beach, nice ride back to the ship. The bus drivers tell you to leave around 1 too allow for any road delays.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree! We went on the last day and enjoyed an uncrowned Horseshoe bay beach, nice ride back to the ship. The bus drivers tell you to leave around 1 too allow for any road delays.

We are planning to Horseshoe Beach on a Sunday when the ship gets in. Do you know how late the beach is open? I see hrs. posting to 5pm for the café and bathrooms.

Does that means the beach is closed too, or can I still swim. If the beach stayed open later, I would go later on Monday ,after touring Hamilton. I wish the stores were open on Sunday. Is the Dockyard all closed too?Thanks

We are planning to Horseshoe Beach on a Sunday when the ship gets in. Do you know how late the beach is open? I see hrs. posting to 5pm for the café and bathrooms. Does that means the beach is closed too, or can I still swim. If the beach stayed open later, I would go later on Monday ,after touring Hamilton. I wish the stores were open on Sunday. Is the Dockyard all closed too?Thanks

The public beaches are open from sunrise to sunset, and the Dockyard is open on Sunday.

SBtS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's a couple pics I took at Horseshoe Bay. You can set up close to the water or farther back, there's a good amount of room. You can also wade out in the water a decent distance. As you can see there's no shade really (unless you rent an umbrella :-) ). ed0ea989ebe9c4b0c1f6ef3b854de6f5.jpgae300377451a9cdaefc12ae3fad349c9.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Will there be a problem getting to Horseshoe Bay from the Dockyard on Friday May 25th (Bermuda Day) ??

You should be able to get there by minibus or taxi without much problem. Taxis though will have a 25% surcharge. Don’t even consider the public bus on that day. The main difference I think is that Horseshoe is going to be much more crowded than a usual Friday. That day is the beginning of the beach season. So in addition to cruise ship passengers local Bermudians will probably be celebrating at the beach if the weather is good.