Viking Guarantee Cabin

TrulyBlonde

Harbourside, my “My Trip” section on Viking’s website designates cabin assignment as Gty. When I booked my TA said the V2 were not available. Viking’s web page showed available. I sent her back and she said they were only available as guarantee. You’re right, Viking doesn’t show a GTY but they do sell them. I’ve used GTY with several other lines including Seabourn and have been pleased. Key is ,be OKAY with the no upgrade possibilities and you won’t be disappointed.

They did not and I didn’t ask. It is its own separate itinerary so cabin assignment is for the duration. It just throws an additional factor in determining assignments.

Thanks,

I'm hoping that they might offer me an amazing upgrade for one half of the cruise if I'm will to switch cabins. :D

Cynthia

Thanks,

I'm hoping that they might offer me an amazing upgrade for one half of the cruise if I'm will to switch cabins. :D

Cynthia

I hope you’re thrilled with what you get. I always hope but usually it’s a mid level. You just have to wait until just a few weeks before sailing to know your assignment. Small inconvenience for the savings.

We booked a back to back...Auckland to Sydney and Sydney to Bali. We booked onboard and the cruise consultant booked us into the same cabin for both legs as we requested. We could, however, have moved. We wanted a V category but had to do a DV since V was sold out 2 years in advance. I think there was one V left on one leg but we decided it wasn't worth it to us to have to move.

Back to back is different than ours. We could book it BtoB but it is an itinerary unto itself which also happens to the same number of days and itinerary. That’s why I’m sure not to need to change rooms.

But is it cheaper? Do you get more or less perks for booking that way? And why one over the other?

In our case all the V& DV cabins were sold. I paid for a V but might get anything. Win win for me-- I will either get what I paid for or something better. Same perks.

Cynthia

But is it cheaper? Do you get more or less perks for booking that way? And why one over the other?

Cheaper if you get an upgrade, cheaper because all V rooms were only available that way. To have taken a cabin assignment we would have had to book a higher category for about $1000-1500 more.

We booked a back to back...Auckland to Sydney and Sydney to Bali. We booked onboard and the cruise consultant booked us into the same cabin for both legs as we requested. We could, however, have moved. We wanted a V category but had to do a DV since V was sold out 2 years in advance. I think there was one V left on one leg but we decided it wasn't worth it to us to have to move.

Sounds like an awesome B2B!

We had a DV4 guarantee. They just assigned us our cabin recently. It is DV4. The good news is that it is mid ship. The bad news is that it is directly across from the laundry room. Not sure how to feel about that from a noise standpoint.

We had a DV4 guarantee. They just assigned us our cabin recently. It is DV4. The good news is that it is mid ship. The bad news is that it is directly across from the laundry room. Not sure how to feel about that from a noise standpoint.

Enjoy your cruise - and don't stress about the laundry ... this was posted in another thread last week;

We are currently in 4046 on the Sun. Right across from the laundry. Absolutely no noise and DW loves the convenience of not having to schlep clothes to the other side of the ship

Is this for the November cruise? I'm too have a guarantee cabin but they still didn't assign it and my cruise iis in 3 months :(

It is for November. I was very surprised. From what I hear this usually occurs right before the cruise. I would suggest that you still have a chance for an upgrade......that is not a bad thing! Worse case you end up with the category you are guaranteed.

It is for November. I was very surprised. From what I hear this usually occurs right before the cruise. I would suggest that you still have a chance for an upgrade......that is not a bad thing! Worse case you end up with the category you are guaranteed.

Thank you! :)

• 3 weeks later...

We are on Trade Routes of the Middle Ages on 4/14, and we still don't have a cabin assignment. We booked a DV6 guarantee. (We took the Mediterranean Odyssey last year and we were upgraded much earlier to a PV1 on deck 6. It was wonderful!) I noticed some of the posts were from people on the same cruise. Did you get your cabin assignment yet?

We are on Trade Routes of the Middle Ages on 4/14, and we still don't have a cabin assignment. We booked a DV6 guarantee. (We took the Mediterranean Odyssey last year and we were upgraded much earlier to a PV1 on deck 6. It was wonderful!) I noticed some of the posts were from people on the same cruise. Did you get your cabin assignment yet?
Last January we had a guarantee and like you, we ended up in a PV1 (agree with you about how wonderful it was!). I was getting quite frantic because our cabin number didn't show up until 6 days before we flew out. So don't worry about it. Your assignment will turn up soon, most likely some time this upcoming week. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We’re on that cruise. We booked our cabin last spring and got our assignment immediately.

I’ll bet you get another upgrade. There are still cabins available at most levels.

How do you get a guarantee cabin. I have never seen any advertised, and none ever show on Vikings website. Are they always available, or only close to sailing date??

Is this something my TA should know about.

When I tried to book our British Isles cruise for this August 2018, the website showed most cabins sold out. Only one category showed availability.

I contacted Viking to inquire, and was told that they only had Guarantee cabins available in the same category and therefore, that was how I had to book what I wanted. The website was a bit misleading. I put it on hold and had it all transferred to my TA. This was all done about 8 months out and it all may depend on what cruise you are taking and popularity of that cruise.

I called Viking and they said that I won’t get my cabin assignment until I Board. There has been a lot of movement and filling in the upper categories the last couple of days and now the cruise on 4/14 is sold out except for Owner’s. I don’t understand why they don’t just post our cabin number; if every cabin is full, they must have already assigned us somewhere.

I called Viking and they said that I won’t get my cabin assignment until I Board. There has been a lot of movement and filling in the upper categories the last couple of days and now the cruise on 4/14 is sold out except for Owner’s. I don’t understand why they don’t just post our cabin number; if every cabin is full, they must have already assigned us somewhere.

Wow! When I checked a week or so ago, there were still a bunch of rooms available. Remarkable that they would suddenly sell out like that.

Wow! When I checked a week or so ago, there were still a bunch of rooms available. Remarkable that they would suddenly sell out like that.

So ... now I’m wondering. How common is it for people to suddenly decide they want to go on a cruise the following week? Is this typical in cruising?