Port of Seattle free luggage valet service running again for 2018

red4u2

Hi everyone,

This was posted on the West Coast departure board, but I thought I'd Post it here is well.

The port of Seattle is offering their new free luggage valet service again for 2018!!

Complete information is available on the West Coast departures.

• 2 weeks later...

So, am I understanding this correctly....This service will take our bags from the ship to the airport? We dock at 7 am and our flight isn't until 430 PM. On past cruises, Southwest Airlines would not accept our bags until 4 hours before departure.

So with this service, they will take our bags to the airport and we are free to enjoy a day in Seattle? Is there a catch? If not, you just made my day!

So, am I understanding this correctly....This service will take our bags from the ship to the airport? We dock at 7 am and our flight isn't until 430 PM. On past cruises, Southwest Airlines would not accept our bags until 4 hours before departure.

So with this service, they will take our bags to the airport and we are free to enjoy a day in Seattle? Is there a catch? If not, you just made my day!

You already know the catch. Airlines require a minimum time to qualify. Not every airline and cruise line participates.

However, it sounds like you qualify so have a blast enjoying a day in Seattle bags free.

I believe Sea-Tac operates this program. Sea-Tac operates the cruise port and the airport, so they are trying to make cruising out of Seattle painless, and so that you can spend more money in downtown Seattle.

https://www.portseattle.org/Cruise

Okay hopefully that link comes out with all the information that you will need!

This is a free service that is offered by the Port of Seattle, but keep in mind if you have luggage fees through your individual Airline the luggage fees will still apply.

I'm definitely looking forward to using this and having some time to explore the city before our 5 p.m. flight.

Enjoy all!

The Port Valet website shows the participating airlines but no information on participating cruise lines. Does anyone know if Norwegian participates? The only info from Port Valet is to check for an enrollment form in your cabin on the ship. That's a bad time to find out they don't participate. ;p

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
Just bringing this thread back into the spotlight.

Any recent cruisers have summer experience with this.

Thanks

Safe travels.

We just got off Celebrity Solstice a week ago and used the service. We had a 12:30 flight with American Airlines. Celebrity left the paperwork in our cabin early in the cruise. Paperwork had to be turned in I believe on Tuesday. On Wednesday, we received our luggage tags and boarding passes in our staterooms. Thursday night, our luggage had to be left outside our room by 10 pm. We got off the ship the following morning and took and Uber to the airport. When we arrived in Miami that night, luggage was there! There was no charge for this service, though we still had to pay the $25 per checked bag to American Airlines. This was charged to our Celebrity account. The process was smooth and it was so nice not to deal with luggage upon debarkation! Would highly recommend!

Emerald Princess, 7/22 -- 7/29

I wonder how much the cruise lines truly want to participate in this service. As far as I can tell they get nothing out of it. It's all about the money. On my May NCL Pearl cruise we wanted to use the service. I asked for the form on Monday. They said it would be delivered to my cabin. It never showed up so I asked again on Thursday morning. (Sunday was departure) They then said I should have turned the form in by Wednesday at 6 PM. A total run-around. The form never showed up, even late. Since it seems that everything revolves around the cruise line making money from EVERY LITTLE THING and if they don't get anything out of this I can see how they wouldn't care if you were able to use it or not. It's extra work for someone and they don't make a dime. If a person gets to use it, great - but don't go in counting on using the service because you might be disappointed.

We got of Explorer of the Seas yesterday and took advantage of this. It was so easy and made the end of the cruise less stressful.

When I sailed on Explorer last year, your flight had to leave after 2pm to be eligible for this service. I’m curious if this has been moved up since our flight leaves at 1:30.

I use this service at every port that offers it. What a great service!

Yes, it was moved to Noon. I saw another poster say his flight was at 11:30, he was honest about it on the form, and they still let him do it.

When I sailed on Explorer last year, your flight had to leave after 2pm to be eligible for this service. I’m curious if this has been moved up since our flight leaves at 1:30.

I use this service at every port that offers it. What a great service!

Yes, it was moved to Noon. I saw another poster say his flight was at 11:30, he was honest about it on the form, and they still let him do it.

Excellent! If it was still 2pm, we were still going to try to use it with a 1:30pm flight. Now we won’t have to beg. No hunting for bags and dragging them out side while we search for a taxi. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

How does this service work with going through customs? Can we put some items that we've held out of our luggage for disembarkation morning back into our luggage before flying?

We're disembarking from the Emerald Princess, Sept. 9, 2018.