Seaview - anyone managed to book specialty restaurants?

JonHeath

Hi all,

We're on Seaview in August. I've been regularly logging in to see if I can book any of the Specialty restaurants yet, and I still can't. Has anyone managed to book these yet. Does anyone know how much in advance these options came online for Seaside?

We're keen to utlilise the specialty restaurants this time. We did our first MSC cruise last year and enjoyed it very much but found the food average in the Main Dining Room. We said we'd try the "pay" restaurant options a bit this time.

Cheers

Jon

• 5 weeks later...

When is your sailing? Still the same when I login, none of these options available.

I believe the first cruise is June which isn’t that far away. Would be interested to know if anyone booked on a June date has these options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all,

We're on Seaview in August. I've been regularly logging in to see if I can book any of the Specialty restaurants yet, and I still can't. Has anyone managed to book these yet. Does anyone know how much in advance these options came online for Seaside?

We're keen to utlilise the specialty restaurants this time. We did our first MSC cruise last year and enjoyed it very much but found the food average in the Main Dining Room. We said we'd try the "pay" restaurant options a bit this time.

Cheers

Jon

We just did a two week sailing and we were not able to pre-book in the specialty restaurants, but had no trouble at all once we got on board booking either on our MSC and Me apps or with the half dozen "Butcher's Cut" employees approaching us while in the buffet while we were waiting for our cabins to be ready at 2pm.

Hi all,

Cheers

Jon

No need to to book now , you can do it on board .

Not sure the price will be the same on board? My understanding is there is an online discount for things like the "Trio" (3 Specialty restaurant package).

Also last year when we went on Meraviglia the beer packages (for example) were the same price on board in Euros for what I could have paid in Dollars by buying in advance. You could only buy in Euros once on board, which is much less cost effective than paying in dollars before boarding. This will be the same situation with Seaview sailing in Europe.

Not sure the price will be the same on board? My understanding is there is an online discount for things like the "Trio" (3 Specialty restaurant package).

Also last year when we went on Meraviglia the beer packages (for example) were the same price on board in Euros for what I could have paid in Dollars by buying in advance. You could only buy in Euros once on board, which is much less cost effective than paying in dollars before boarding. This will be the same situation with Seaview sailing in Europe.

just call them to book. i don't trust booking over web with MSC .Make sure they send you conformation and its shows on your booking.

Totally agree, we sailed Meraviglia last year also and noticed everything from laundry to drinks packages were more expensive once converted to Euros. Definitely pre book everything! We will be on the seaview in 2019 so cant wait to hear your review!

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update, I spoke to our travel agent yesterday and they called MSC to ask about the speciality dining. Apparently they said they won’t be taking any bookings for the offer, but it will be available on board.

Hey ho, we’ll see what the prices are like when we get on board.

Hi all,

Cheers

Jon

As you get closer to your cruise date you should get an email from MSC with Restaurant, excursion, Internet and other offers. I got mine about 30 days out....But I booked at 45 days out.

• 3 weeks later...