I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

I tried to post a photo but it has been so long since I posted one that I couldn't figure out how to do it. I wanted to delete the post but apparently you can't do that. Sorry. :-)

No worries. You are not alone!

I have found that when you misspell a word in the title and don't see it before you post, you live with it forever. :)

Live and learn.

Dave

No worries. You are not alone!

I have found that when you misspell a word in the title and don't see it before you post, you live with it forever. :)

Live and learn.

Dave

Dave, could you refresh my memory as to how to post photos here? As I remember it wasn't quite as easy as it is on other forums or on Facebook.

Thanks,

I resize my jpeg here: http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/

Save the resized pic on your computer. Another post mentioned 1000 x 750 as a good landscape size for the screen

You then have to upload your photo somewhere, and then link to the host site. Flikr, etc. I'm trying out a place called lensdump.com just for photos on the boards. When you upload to a site like lensdump, they give you links for whatever place you're trying to post the photo to.

Dave, could you refresh my memory as to how to post photos here? As I remember it wasn't quite as easy as it is on other forums or on Facebook.

Thanks,

Where do you host your photos? Getting the photo link varies from host to host. Once you have the link, you use the little Mountain icon to pop up the box to paste it into.

p1938500309-5.jpg

Dave

Where do you host your photos? Getting the photo link varies from host to host. Once you have the link, you use the little Mountain icon to pop up the box to paste it into.

Dave

My photos are posted online in Picasa (Google+). I copied the URL and pasted into the box in CC but it just showed a tiny icon and not the picture. When I posted, the photo didn't show up at all.

On your Google Photos page, go into the album and click on an image. When it opens into the view mode (with the black background), click on the "share" symbol circled below. Choose Google+.

p2737370399-5.jpg

Right-click on the image in the new window and choose "Copy image address" from the pop-up

p2737370396-5.jpg

Back on the CC page, Click in your post where you want the image, then click the little Mountain icon and paste the address that you copied from Google.

p2737370397-5.jpg

Voila!

g2lT00IMvcA9PK-XFAGgJW_CZb4T17wt0Ifw4IsFSuznQOkVQwMiemktf_guuvmeEiu0tXyup1fF-vn_xILjbmnuvbic1XTElTPWqEY3phg4yQ8x3syZcbwddGkSpIKsmF2HWth1BxuqjaT70cca4gUCB9wDI2WGsCEJhjiUubTK8tOiHaGI8s1JSG7ZFTpDqpZLH8FfWbOZbyGRqlAEpmgQ9fjt5Xb91a_jS6ZtU01cx5Psj7ZosDsflGvNNqM7psvQVliF_jbYQUhzAJ7Z8cnq1hzhaAyySiZU4y20mPXegZ67huflTrCnmxlwZfm3fQfVulzrccl60BU1yA17U0WjNq-ftvFULnYkec1KEhpSHqB2BXG0czthOvGoQ5OVkxGe6Js1CkpL8tix4KIY48Rvx2nBluKzuNtZWjChFiTsJiFTnKMyejNoNK5fRAQzGnwL7Zt4VL4qvN095QafZ9W5VnwxqCCpW24rCfLdXJQx6sFdyfBIUv0fp8HbznEpvvSCfHcekZGfzw8Dd8VKGNXdYvFqAg-mtWQfwC14oNpYO0S25cXjZmv_M9zNV3qcmz-R4RMBnx2_EJHRxcl-UbesDN_kfNxv-cGevf9HvHOL2WGGn1AiCVcvktSSx9NkAjjv7OeHhn8ImcGB6He34xiAwSFym7LXHQ=w530-h530-n-rw

Hope this helps.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

SpaceX launched a Falcon 9 from Vandenberg AFB this morning just before dawn. The launch point is 175 miles from our house as the crow flies but it was visible as a bright speck as it climbed out of the atmosphere. I had considered driving up there but these launches are scrubbed fairly often for weather conditions (3 times for this one) and that's a bit of a jaunt to take a chance on a "please come back tomorrow" notification.

p2756568273-5.jpg

Yay, rockets!

Dave

• 2 weeks later...