Maitre D' Benedict on Eclipse in Blu

chamima

Has anyone recently sailed on the Eclipse and had the Maitre D' Benedict in Blu?

My husband has many food restrictions and we've been lucky enough to sail with Ben several times and found he really accommodated his needs way more than any other Maitre D'.

We're sailing again in February and really hope he'll be there!

• 2 months later...
Has anyone recently sailed on the Eclipse and had the Maitre D' Benedict in Blu?

My husband has many food restrictions and we've been lucky enough to sail with Ben several times and found he really accommodated his needs way more than any other Maitre D'.

So, who did you have in February? Curious, we were on Eclipse last April and didn't care for Ben. Hoping it is someone different. Thanks.

So, who did you have in February? Curious, we were on Eclipse last April and didn't care for Ben. Hoping it is someone different. Thanks.

We were lucky enough to have Ben again.

He really outdid himself.

We were on a B2B and the first cruise it seemed everyone in Blu wanted to eat at the same time (around 8:00).

He really kept things flowing smoothly and we never saw the waiters frantically rushing around trying to keep up that we've experienced some other years. The wait staff all seemed happy (to me the sign of a not-so-good Maitre D' is when the wait staff are stressed - a good leader manages things for them ) .

The second cruise people in Blu seemed to like different times to eat .

(I should explain that we eat a leisurely, slow dinner so can be in the dining room for 2 hours most nights so we watch people come and go - our wonderful waiter, Agung, picked up on that quickly)

And as far as my husband's dinner, between Ben and Agung he had 28 different delicious meals that all fit within his restrictions!

Ben did tell us that he was going on vacation so if your cruise is in the near future he won't be there.

To the powers that be in Celebrity - please assign Ben and Agung to the Solstice next winter! :D;):D

We were lucky enough to have Ben again.

He really outdid himself.

We were on a B2B and the first cruise it seemed everyone in Blu wanted to eat at the same time (around 8:00).

He really kept things flowing smoothly and we never saw the waiters frantically rushing around trying to keep up that we've experienced some other years. The wait staff all seemed happy (to me the sign of a not-so-good Maitre D' is when the wait staff are stressed - a good leader manages things for them ) .

The second cruise people in Blu seemed to like different times to eat .

(I should explain that we eat a leisurely, slow dinner so can be in the dining room for 2 hours most nights so we watch people come and go - our wonderful waiter, Agung, picked up on that quickly)

And as far as my husband's dinner, between Ben and Agung he had 28 different delicious meals that all fit within his restrictions!

Ben did tell us that he was going on vacation so if your cruise is in the near future he won't be there.

To the powers that be in Celebrity - please assign Ben and Agung to the Solstice next winter! :D;):D

That is wonderful you had another great experience! :) We had the best waiter and sommelier. Did you happen to know if Syraz (sommelier) is still there? He made the perfect Old Fashioned for my husband and we are hoping he is still there. Agnelo was our waiter.

Thanks for info.

That is wonderful you had another great experience! :) We had the best waiter and sommelier. Did you happen to know if Syraz (sommelier) is still there? He made the perfect Old Fashioned for my husband and we are hoping he is still there. Agnelo was our waiter.

Thanks for info.

We had Alex.

He was WONDERFUL!!!

We only drink wine but his recommendations were spot on and we noticed people around us trying lots of different things - ALL according to his recommendations.

I called him "The hand from above" (referencing Captain Leo and his "Voice From Above" ) because whenever my wine glass got low a hand magically appeared to fill it.

Someone asked how many glasses of wine I had at dinner and I had no idea - the one glass just magically refilled itself.

We had Alex.

He was WONDERFUL!!!

We only drink wine but his recommendations were spot on and we noticed people around us trying lots of different things - ALL according to his recommendations.

I called him "The hand from above" (referencing Captain Leo and his "Voice From Above" ) because whenever my wine glass got low a hand magically appeared to fill it.

Someone asked how many glasses of wine I had at dinner and I had no idea - the one glass just magically refilled itself.

Thanks. What a wonderful experience! I look forward to Blu!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums