Purchasing additional batteries & chargers

Tyskie

Would like some input from those that have more experience.

I need to purchase a charger and additional battery for my Lumix zs60

The Panasonic ones are about $95 for both, while the "generic" ones run around $20. I'm leery about the low cost of the generic. Plus, the reviews that I have read, they don't always charge to the full capacity or the battery fit in the charger isn't the same.

May I have your thoughts?! Thanks

My only experience with a generic batteries was not good worked great for a very short period of time like a couple of months then either died or would not hold a charge. So I stick to ***** batteries.

Third party batteries are sort of a mixed bag. I have used them in my Sony A6x00 cameras and have had good luck with some brands and less with others. The brands I have had luck with are Wasabi Power, Vivitar and Lenmar. Some of the others that are very inexpensive lose power when stored and don't last nearly as long making me suspect they are using inexpensive NiCd instead of the Lithium-ion cells.

Wasabi seems to be the only one of the three that make a battery for your model. At $21, it may be worth it to check them out.

https://www.amazon.com/Wasabi-Power-Panasonic-DMW-BLG10-DMC-LX100/dp/B07642NX17/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1521295591&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=Lumix+zs60&psc=1

No guarantee, but I have had good results with batteries from them.

Dave

Third party batteries are sort of a mixed bag. I have used them in my Sony A6x00 cameras and have had good luck with some brands and less with others. The brands I have had luck with are Wasabi Power,

Dave

I have used Wasabi batteries and while I can't tell you how long they will keep its charge and how long it would last when freshly charged, they are decent insurance for you. I am assuming you carry a couple of batteries as spares when you go out shooting!

I have Wasabi batteries for my GoPro. So far, other than the black tab that helps you pull them out bent the other way (doesn't seem to make them harder to use), they seem identical to the GoPro. I use a 3rd party (I think Wasabi also) multi-battery charger and all seem the same. Same run time, etc. Wasabi seems to be a good brand based on reviews. I think there's one other 3rd party battery company that also has great reviews. A quick search on Amazon (look at the number of reviews) should help you figure out which company it is.

Would like some input from those that have more experience.

I need to purchase a charger and additional battery for my Lumix zs60

The Panasonic ones are about $95 for both, while the "generic" ones run around $20. I'm leery about the low cost of the generic. Plus, the reviews that I have read, they don't always charge to the full capacity or the battery fit in the charger isn't the same.

May I have your thoughts?! Thanks

For the Lumix I have always bought the Lumix ones.

On a Sony I bought the generic one and it didn't work in the charger.

We don't use a second charger since we can charge batteries in the charger that comes with the camera and also in the camera so consider not buying a second charger.

Keith

Thank you all for your replies!

Very much appreciated and exactly what my thoughts were.

Since my camera only came with the USB charger option (along with case & SD) - I’ve decided to buy Lumix charger & extra battery.

This is my third Lumix- based on our Mediterranean trip, I think the 2 batteries will suffice each day for Alaska.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums