Odyssey live from Barbados

fudge

We are sailing this cruise on the 31st-7, how have the excursions been.our ports are same as your first 7 days. We have enough on board credits so we are booked on the Seabourn tours. Bad idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update on the trio.

Danielle and the trio left the ship two weeks ago and are now on the Quest and are going on the Sojourn.

Our final evening was spent in the Grill, I had the lobster thermidor, Mrs. Fudge has a steak actually it was a very nice experience.

Back in our suite the ship is rocking tonight, and that has nothing to do with our on board activities J

The cases are packed we are all ready for the trip home, one final cognac in the observation bar and that is it!

Thank you for the information on the trio with Danielle! My DH is ready to book another trip where they are entertaining. Safe travels home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Regarding the tours, it really all depends on the weather conditions? We were unfortunate that we only landed at one scheduled stop so yes tours were cancelled. I hope its not the same for you, happy sailing.

I did the Grenada Island Tour and my DH did the river tubing there. I loved my trip, he said the tubing was too tame! He also went on a snorkel and sail in Antigua which was good. Privately we went with Cosol tours on St Lucia and highly recommend them.

Thanks Fudge, for your blog. It brought back great memories. You got on as we got off! It was rocky for us too, but the only stop we missed was Trois Ilets. The Capt managed to get us docked in Martinique instead and it was Carnival so a bonus really.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The fun never stops!

We disembarked from the ship to our waiting pre booked taxi cab to a pre booked guest house. We had no idea where we were staying. We drove about 30 minutes to a cheap and cheery guest house, perfect for an overnight stay, not Seabourn by any means but adequate.

The bonus was we are only a 5 minute walk from Barbados golf club, I cannot convince Mrs. Fudge it was not planned that way however, golf game arranged in the morning, Mrs. Fudge will drive the buggy, hope she checks the oil and water first (lol).:)

We are eating locally this evening NOT the grill you understand but again local produce.:D

Thank you so much for the blog, as we are on the some 14 day cruise 3/31. We have been to these islands before, but your insight brought back some fond memories. We are now salivating like Pavlov"s dog. Odyssey, see you in a few days. Cheers....

You are very welcome. After a long journey home, getting used to the time difference and planning our next cruise. At least here in Cyprus we can keep topping up our tan. ;p:cool:

I am sure you will have a great time, Mrs. Fudge did leave a few bottles of Champagne for you to enjoy.