Cruise fever is killing me!!!!!

So I cruised for the first time in December on Empress. Now I'm hooked! I'm booked on Brilliance for December and the anticipation is driving me nuts! Meanwhile, I'm looking for the cruise after that..... Being from central Florida lots of cruise ports to choose from. Thinking a 7 to 9 day in April to the south Caribbean. Retired Navy, so I'd love to revisit Aruba, Curacao, and get to Belize for a first time. Is there a cruisers anonymous group I could join? 😁😂😄

So I cruised for the first time in December on Empress. Now I'm hooked! I'm booked on Brilliance for December and the anticipation is driving me nuts! Meanwhile, I'm looking for the cruise after that..... Being from central Florida lots of cruise ports to choose from. Thinking a 7 to 9 day in April to the south Caribbean. Retired Navy, so I'd love to revisit Aruba, Curacao, and get to Belize for a first time. Is there a cruisers anonymous group I could join? [emoji16][emoji23][emoji1]

62605AF7-A903-48F3-84BE-F91198F03F0E-10702-00000B5B28BF28EF.jpg.e73edb01f3ea43209f2e7892dd29798a.jpg

Right there with you waiting for our next cruise in December and I have 3 more booked and I’m still looking! My husband bought me this shirt ... 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So I cruised for the first time in December on Empress. Now I'm hooked! I'm booked on Brilliance for December and the anticipation is driving me nuts! Meanwhile, I'm looking for the cruise after that..... Being from central Florida lots of cruise ports to choose from. Thinking a 7 to 9 day in April to the south Caribbean. Retired Navy, so I'd love to revisit Aruba, Curacao, and get to Belize for a first time. Is there a cruisers anonymous group I could join?

You're in the right place! Lots of cruise addicts just like you! :D

We just cruised the ABC's last fall. We loved that cruise! I want to go back. Looking to make that happen .

Mgdehoyos, I think I need that shirt!

So I cruised for the first time in December on Empress. Now I'm hooked! I'm booked on Brilliance for December and the anticipation is driving me nuts! Meanwhile, I'm looking for the cruise after that..... Being from central Florida lots of cruise ports to choose from. Thinking a 7 to 9 day in April to the south Caribbean. Retired Navy, so I'd love to revisit Aruba, Curacao, and get to Belize for a first time. Is there a cruisers anonymous group I could join? 😁😂😄

Welcome to the club. Yes, cruising is an addiction. My father was in the Navy as well but had no interest in cruising until my sister decided to have a cruise wedding. Well since then (15 years ago) we pretty much became addicts including my dad. Happy cruising!

In all honesty, you need to stay away from these boards,

I am like you, I was soo hooked after our first one years ago I could not stop. Booked 3 in one year, crazy I know.

I got help and It was recommended I stay away from CC. Tried and tried, Was able to do it for a few weeks and BAMMM!!! I was right back on here.

Wife said she wanted to cruise Spring Break and here I am.

I will be looking for my support group after we return in 2 weeks!!

Thanks for letting me confess my addiction!

Have a great day!

This year 2018 three cruises booked one already taken. Would have been more but had a few other commits to take care of first. If I was still living in the United States I'm sure I would do more cruises, limited number of options here in SE Asia to pick from. The visa issues for my wife really limit our choices.

But you are right cruises are a great way to spend free time.

We are sailing on a 9 day on the Navigator out of Miami the day after Thanksgiving. It goes to Labadee, Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire.

Has some great prices right now too!! Check it out!!!

We are sailing on a 9 day on the Navigator out of Miami the day after Thanksgiving. It goes to Labadee, Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire.

Has some great prices right now too!! Check it out!!!

Gee, thanks!;pbbetween all the ads on my FB feed for cruises and this, I'm surrounded by temptation!!;p;)

Congrats on your first cruise. There is a whole cruising world out there for you to explore. We have lived in central Florida as well, on the east coast north of Daytona. It is wonderful not to have to fly to catch a ship. Our next is in mid April leaving from Tampa. It will be our 3rd since September. I am thinking about booking a transatlantic next.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

The only thing stopping me from a TA is the air fare.

Don't let that stop you. Last year I did a TA on FOS, Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona. Then I spent a week in Spain with friends. Going through RCL's air2sea I was able to get a one way ticket from Madrid to Ft Lauderdale for under $400.00.

I've been hooked since my first cruise, and its the only type of vacation I want to go on anymore. The other day I was trying to convince DW that we need to book another cruise for 2019 and she said she would like to do something other than a cruise. I told her I didnt need that kind of negativity in my life.

what a great thread! thought I was actually nuts. Is there a cure? husband says Ive lost it.

Caribbean in 2 weeks, then hawaii in November, Panama in spring next year followed by a B2B Scandinavian and TA/ 28 days- a few months later. and I'm still itching! $$ finally received from being hit by a car and I want to spend it all on travel. Someone please tell me that's ok!

We have done 5-6 cruises over our 25 year marriage, but now, I want to go go go.

We had saved for years for our "dream" cruise (we had booked an expensive suite) and then I was hit and I had to go on that cruise in a wheelchair, I felt so robbed!!!!!! We hadn't bought insurance so it was go in a wheelchair or loose all we paid. I think it really effected me. and now- I can't stop booking.

A month ago today we embarked out of Tampa on our 1st cruise, 3rd day aboard we had already paid deposit on a future cruise, and a week ago we booked a Christmas Cruise and one 2 months later in Feb. 2019.....does this mean we caught the bug too?? It's all we talk about, and when we're not at work, we're talking about our cruise or watching youtube videos of cruises/ports/anything cruisey. Can't wait for Christmas!!

:')

A month ago today we embarked out of Tampa on our 1st cruise, 3rd day aboard we had already paid deposit on a future cruise, and a week ago we booked a Christmas Cruise and one 2 months later in Feb. 2019.....does this mean we caught the bug too?? It's all we talk about, and when we're not at work, we're talking about our cruise or watching youtube videos of cruises/ports/anything cruisey. Can't wait for Christmas!!

Yep....you are infected...:p

I feel your pain!! :')

:eek:We go into "withdrawal" in the summers, :cool: unless we manage an Alaska Cruise every 3 or 4 years, Summer cruising is just too crowded for us whether in the Caribbean or Europe. We admire parents who take their children to the European capitals and places historic. We did the same, but our kids are grown now and we prefer less crowded destinations. St Petersburg last August was of almost mightmare crowding, as were most of the Baltic ports. At least the temperature was pleasant with only ocassiional showers. We're staying home this summer while the DH has his knee replaced. If things go well and quickly, we might even get my knee worked on before our ABC/Bahamas B3B in December. Summer in Arkansas if for hybernatiig in the cool, eating cool salads and sandwiches, playing table games in the basement with friends and doing anything to avoid the 95+degrees Fahrenheit and the 95+% humidity which our part of the South is known for..:eek:

There is no sure cure for our addiction. I sprained my knee trying to get off a New Zealand Air sardine can in late March, 2013; I blew out the knee the second day on Radiance. We made the full 46 days to Honolulu.

In August we did a two-week B2B with our grandsons on Freedom. and I still haven't had my knee worked on!

In December we did s B2B2B on Adventure, and in March,2014 we were B2B on Serenade..9 cruises in a year clouts as a severe addiction, but what can we do to fight it?:evilsmile::halo:

We currently have 5 booked and our "maybe".:confused:

Kay

Ugh I’ve had the worst cruise fever lately! We are cruising in September on Oasis and can’t wait. We haven’t done a cruise in 5 years 😳 Today we are heading to Jetty Park to enjoy a beach day and watch the ships with all of the family that’s cruising with us. I can’t wait to see the reaction of the kids when Oasis comes into view! Three of the four kids have been on Disney Dream but they don’t remember it as they were little. I’m not sure if seeing the ships today is going to help or hurt my cruise fever 🙈 Before our son was born we would cruise every other year. I’m hoping we can get back to that or better yet, every year 😬 Just need to keep my eyes open for the kids sail free promos!

I finally took my first cruise last year. It had exceeded all expectations. Most people I asked about them, had only been on one cruise that they weren't blown away by. Most other people just bring up norovirus, confinement, and a bunch of other nonsense.

But when I finally did it, so much fun! I now have my 4th booked for later this year.