princess club class dining

valerio

Club class dining is basically "Any Time Dining" (except for the Pacific Princess which only has traditional) in a separate area with dedicated wait staff (most were very very good) the same menu as the rest of the dining room but with one added dish not available to the rest of the dining room (sometimes prepared in the club class are. Club class mini-suites are also located mid ship if location is important to you. Worth the extra money ? That is up to the individual's perspective - we loved it.

We also loved it - much less crowded, no waiting for a table for us (though I have read of a few rare exceptions), excellent service, very friendly atmosphere. The extra cost (which also gets you a prime mid-ship cabin location) is well worth it for us. Use the "Search" feature at the top right of the Celebrity board page and you'll see multiple recent threads on the topic.

We also loved it - much less crowded, no waiting for a table for us (though I have read of a few rare exceptions), excellent service, very friendly atmosphere. The extra cost (which also gets you a prime mid-ship cabin location) is well worth it for us. Use the "Search" feature at the top right of the Celebrity board page and you'll see multiple recent threads on the topic.

Celebrity????;);)

The question for the OP is what value you would pay for a no wait anytime dining. I dislike the location of the CC mini's because I like deck 8 fully covered private balconies. Last month I sailed in a suite so didn't pay extra for club class dining. I would make the cut in price at about $25 per person per day because at that price point I could use the different specialty restaurants and not have the banquet style main dining room food.

The question for the OP is what value you would pay for a no wait anytime dining. I dislike the location of the CC mini's because I like deck 8 fully covered private balconies. Last month I sailed in a suite so didn't pay extra for club class dining. I would make the cut in price at about $25 per person per day because at that price point I could use the different specialty restaurants and not have the banquet style main dining room food.

Hey Cruzsnooze,

Nice to see you here again.

Fred

We were fortunate on our last two cruises on Royal to receive upsell to Suite. We took both and really enjoyed the club class dining for lunch and dinner. Some of the specialty pasta dishes were outstanding. We never had to wait to be seated and enjoyed the same wait staff who knew our special requests. Highly recommend club class dining and staff.

Although we were not in club class mini.. but a suite.....the extra price for the upsell was worth it to us and would definitely consider a club class Mini in the future.

The location of the Mini-Suites we have always booked were always more expensive so now having Club Class Dining with them is a perk for us.

We LOVED CC Dining! :hearteyes: So nice to be able to walk in whenever we wish and to be seated immediately. :)

I just priced it on a hypothetical cruise....the price increase to go from a mini to a CC mini was $36 per person per day. I have no idea how to factor in the location of the cabins--the value of that is truly in the eye of the user.

We got club class dining as we were in a suite. The food is the same as MDR food with the exception of the specialty item. If I has a choice between specialty dining every night and CC dining, the food quality is better in specialty dining. Personal opinion, I'd happily take it with the suite. I'd pay for an upsell to a suite or a CC mini if the price was right. I probably wouldn't pay full price to go from a mini to a CC mini--I'd use the money for more specialty dining.

We enjoyed Club Class dining at lunch and dinner on the Royal when we took an upsell to a suite. The best thing about it was that we were able to schedule our dining time around what other events we wanted to do each evening. We usually have second seating traditional dining and miss some activities because the timing isn't conducive.

As to whether it's worth the extra cost, I don't think so. Taking the upsell to a suite was probably a once-in-a-lifetime treat for us (and it was a birthday cruise for me). For the cruise next December doing a similar itinerary to the one we took last December, the difference in price between the bottom category of mini and Club Class is $42 per day per passenger.

Agree with geoherb, it takes the stress out of trying to plan dinner around your activities, especially on port intensive cruises and days with excursions that are lengthy. And to us, best of both anytime and fixed dining as had same waiters for all meals. As far as the price, worth it to us, and if you are lucky like we were on upcoming 12 day Mediterranean cruise, got it on sale for same price as regular mini-suite. :D

We enjoyed Club Class because we were in a suite. And we will return to a suite on the Royal in a few weeks. We found the set-aside dining area for club class to be very nice in that we got to know the servers and they took good care of us. We also got to know some of our fellow diners who were around us at lunch and dinner. We liked the extra dinner choices. We liked breakfast in Sabatini's, when we got up in time. Club Class elevated a mass market cruise line to a somewhat higher level experience. Looking forward to Club Class in April on the Royal.

We had Club Class dining a few months back on CB and loved it. Did have a 10 minute wait to be seated one evening (not a big deal). Service was great. We asked to have a fixed service team and were accommodated, this request certainly contributed to our brief wait.

Just off Coral where we had a non-club mini and lamented the expected loss in service. Didn't happen though - our late fixed dining team was as good as any we've ever had - certainly as good as our recent CC experience.

This takes the decision down to price. Looking at new bookings I see minor differences in cost (a few $10's pp/pd), I'd pay that. However, I also see differences of $50+ pp/pd, and that is completely unreasonable IMHO. To each their own, but I personally wouldn't advise overpaying for CC.

Jon

I consider Club Class to be like buying a car. You can pay $18,000 or $80,000, it just depends on what you are comfortable with and can afford. Like buying a car, you must shop for the best deal.

We have had a Club Class mini and a suite with Club Class dining and loved it.

We were on for 28 days and were not impressed with CC (suite).

Many nights we had to wait.

The menu is the same as the rest of the DR and its only a featured appetizer and sometimes an additional entree.

Not worth the extra money if you are just in a mini. IMO

We were on for 28 days and were not impressed with CC (suite).

Many nights we had to wait.

The menu is the same as the rest of the DR and its only a featured appetizer and sometimes an additional entree.

Not worth the extra money if you are just in a mini. IMO

As elite, you are in the same quandary we are in. Why pay a minimum of 4 to 6 hundred for just CC dining when we prefer fix dining anyways. The other perks we already get and most ships now have the new beds through out. The only thing we miss is the location, but it is not worth the money. Will go a few room back or forward. However of the Royal, the low middle minis are still a MA and not a M1 CC. Yeah!!:)

It seams Club Class is a money thing..... it is your money if you think it is worth it do it....

I know a few people who only travel in inside cabins.... good you them (it is a lot cheaper)

We travel in a suite, but that is what we enjoy.. so we get club class dining as well... which is good..... The world is full of different peoples with different ideas.... So chill out and enjoy your cruise.... and if you payed top or bottom dollar the choice was yours and you felt happy with what you spent.

Cheers Don