RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Schooner Bar on Allure, yesterday was Niew Amsterdam, today it's Grey Goose.

Also, I kind of remember someone posting that Allure now has a drink policy like the lounges. That is incorrect, at least tonight. They asked for my card and Laura's to charge against our 3 vouchers.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

So you can't go to the lounge first, then get a few drinks on your card. Drinks first, then lounge.

Another inconsistency

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

If people spend thousands of dollars on board it is for their own personal pleasure only which is reward enough for them but don't then expect additional perks because you have overindulged and treated yourself.

Except:

- access to the concierge or suite lounge and drinks during happy hour are advertised as a perk for suites.

- I don't feel qualified to claim others 'have overindulged' by booking and paying for a suite. I do know that my 80 year old mother deserves to spend her money how she wants after 42 years service as a dedicated and unpaid military wife and I want her to be treated as a special customer.

- I really don't understand all of these status versus suite arguments - both are entitled to what is promised.

Just reminding everyone that repeating the same arguement / putdown / justification / management wet dream / fictional policy / or nasty desire to punish other C&A members, is beyond tiresome. Although, Biker is right it is a post whoring phenomena.

JC

Very true.

Except:

- access to the concierge or suite lounge and drinks during happy hour are advertised as a perk for suites.

- I don't feel qualified to claim others 'have overindulged' by booking and paying for a suite. I do know that my 80 year old mother deserves to spend her money how she wants after 42 years service as a dedicated and unpaid military wife and I want her to be treated as a special customer.

- I really don't understand all of these status versus suite arguments - both are entitled to what is promised.

My referral was to a post that claimed loyalty points should be based on money spent not nights spent on board.

We spend plenty on board for our benefit and don't expect to be loyalty rewarded because of it.

My referral was to a post that claimed loyalty points should be based on money spent not nights spent on board.

We spend plenty on board for our benefit and don't expect to be loyalty rewarded because of it.

OK thanks for the clarification.

Edited by lucymorgan

The bartenders in the lounges do not have a choice.

One exception to that was on the Vision when the ship ran out of New Amsterdam. They also ran out of Jamison and Bailey's that cruise. We had a lot of D and above for 3 consecutive cruises. Someone did not order very well.

John I meant that as a pun I know what they have been told I also know what I have been served once you get to know the bartender if they have too they serve Amsterdam

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just reminding everyone that repeating the same arguement / putdown / justification / management wet dream / fictional policy / or nasty desire to punish other C&A members, is beyond tiresome. Although, Biker is right it is a post whoring phenomena.

JC

All I hear is blah, blah, blah! :rolleyes:

John I meant that as a pun I know what they have been told I also know what I have been served once you get to know the bartender if they have too they serve Amsterdam

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A mm sterdam is actually quite expensive here in Scotland. Not my choice though

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

JC

But it’s ok to continually complain by the same people regarding Suite Lounges and requesting bigger space for DL, wanting more free drinks, no overflow and so on. C&A perks have always been at the whim of Royal. People think they are now entitled to them. Why can’t there be two sides to each post.

Your way or no way I guess. We see that daily these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree.

Anyone any fresh information regarding DL policy's?

To summarize the original topic.

The new policy seems to be that going forward there will not be overflow areas for the lounges.

It has been reported that exceptions can or will be made for TA's, TP's or other exceptions when they deem it appropriate.

The new policy seems to be that going forward there will not be overflow areas for the lounges.

It has been reported that exceptions can or will be made for TA's, TP's or other exceptions when they deem it appropriate.

Thank you.

In other words absolutely nothing has changed in the policy

And the unsubscribe option works even better....but here you are! ;p

Well thanks for the advice but I do keep coming back to find out if there is any relevant new information. I just don't need to see some of the other stuff on here :rolleyes:

I actually asked a question on here some time ago but it got lost in all the pictures of chocolate bars and the other blah blah blah. Perhaps someone might answer it and if I was unsubscribed I would never know :D

Well thanks for the advice but I do keep coming back to find out if there is any relevant new information. I just don't need to see some of the other stuff on here :rolleyes:

I actually asked a question on here some time ago but it got lost in all the pictures of chocolate bars and the other blah blah blah. Perhaps someone might answer it and if I was unsubscribed I would never know :D

Like a train wreck...you just can't help but look. ;)

Wikipedia we are not, but what was your question?

Wikipedia we are not, but what was your question?

Here it is.....

Does anyone have any indication of whether they will have overflow lounges for the cruises which attract huge numbers of D up - such as TAs. Heading off on Explorer transpacific next month and assume that also attracts many numbers, so wondered whether there is likely to be an overflow for that.

Here it is.....

As always, ship to ship is inconsistent at best. Hence my favorite quote from Bob (Clarea) RCI: Really Consistently Inconsistent.

It's a roll of the dice if there will be an overflow lounge. Some are posting that headquarters are telling ships to stop offering overflow lounges, but some are still doing it. I was on Rhapsody last month and both the CL and DL had overflow lounges.

The same ship even will vary policies from sailing to sailing. No way to know in advance if your cruise will offer an overflow, but there again....the vouchers work well if the lounge is too crowded.

Either way...have a great cruise! :)