Glass domed train question

Worldtraveler 4727

We are on a Connoisseur Land/Sea trip with Princess in June and as part of the tour are scheduled to take the train from Fairbanks to Denali (4 hour train ride).

Are seats assigned? But more importantly, are the seats at tables of 4 with two people facing forward and two people facing backwards, or have the seats been changed to all face forward?

TIA!

On the HAL cruise tour last year, the car's seats were two seats, side by side on each side of the car facing forward.

The dining area is below on first level and they bring you down as space opens. You sit 4 to a table.

Seats were assigned which we liked. There was no mad scramble for seats.

Which is nice.

Happy cruising!

While HAL and Princess work together in Alaska they each have their own train cars and hotels. HAL has forward facing seats in the dome cars and a separate dining area below. I have not been on Princess but it is my understanding that they have forward and backward facing seats with a table between. The cruise lines have separate cars on the same train.

When we were on the Princess cruise tour, we were assigned to a regular car, not the Princess car. We heard that the Princess car had the forward facing and backward facing seats but our car was all forward facing. Here are a couple of photos on our train. That was in 2011 though.

OP - I would post your question about the Princess train cars on the Princess board: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197. I'm pretty sure I've read that the seats in Princess train cars face forward now but it would be best to get confirmation from 2017 season cruisers.

When we were on the Princess cruise tour, we were assigned to a regular car, not the Princess car. We heard that the Princess car had the forward facing and backward facing seats but our car was all forward facing. Here are a couple of photos on our train. That was in 2011 though.

Nice pictures. The pictures show that you were moved to a Holland America train car that had availability.

Princess cars are table seating. You are assigned the table. Fist there, picks where they sit.

Car Upgrades have been mentioned in the past.

I'd suggest posting on the Princess board in May- when the season has already started this season, for the current information.

• 3 weeks later...
Hope you enjoy it, i live in Alaska, never rode the tourists train but mid to late june is the best time of year, bring sunglasses and a good camera. You won't see much darkness! Maybe a twilight for an hour or so.

Having so much daylight and having a 4 hour time difference I will have Major Jet Lag when I get back home ;p:cool::o