Atw 2020 itineraries posted

cbb

cbb,

Thanks for posting that info. We were curious about the itinerary and prices. Makes us very happy we're going in 2019 as many of the 2020 ports are not on our bucket list and we prefer going the opposite direction. What a surprise to see they're offering a 195 and 200 day option!

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Prices include gratuities, on board medical care, unlimited internet, laundry, exclusive shore side events, visa package (fees and processing of needed visas), luggage delivery (limits), 1 night pre cruise hotel, roundtrip air, tax/port fees, and 1 of the O Life choice options.

The prices are up from previous world cruises.

palakika--

yes, we're on the Capt Flokos Retirement cruise--he looks wonderful! Also saw Denise, his wife tonight and she looks terrific! Big hugs in the receiving line...and we'll be having dinner with them....can't wait.

Trying to get him to come out of retirement for the 2020 cruise...he just laughs!

the worldies on board are now wondering what O will come up for 2021 with since 2020 is so different from the 'even year' past ATW cruises so how different will the itinerary be for the 'odd year'

Capt. Flokos would be great on cruise, but I imagine he is picturing relaxing in his Greek village!

This cruise looks great, particularly like all the Japan ports. We were there years ago and loved it.

People must already be signing up as a few catagories are wait listed. Thought sign up was March 7.

cbb,

Thanks for posting that info. We were curious about the itinerary and prices. Makes us very happy we're going in 2019 as many of the 2020 ports are not on our bucket list and we prefer going the opposite direction. What a surprise to see they're offering a 195 and 200 day option!

I’m many years away from being able to be away for that long, but I can start to dream! Funny you mentioned the direction, that was the first thing that popped in my mind, with the exception of the canal portion from Miami to San Francisco all the time changes will be forward or “losing an hour” instead of gaining time going the other direction.

palakika--

i just looked at San Fran-San Fran and they ARE showing 'waitlist" for the top 2 categories and the bottom 3 categories....

i have just sent an email to my TA asking him what is going on.....he's to talk to them first thing this morning and knowing him he'll find out....

otherwise...this all stinks...I've told several others about ATW20 and they can't wait to put in their reservation ON MARCH 7.

thanks for the heads up....

TA says that the O people assured him this morning that the only cabins being reserved are for "commercial staff'....but Miami nothing said about the high end suites waitlisted....

TA has got all sorts of people ready to pull the trigger for us, just hope that it is Mar 7th!!!

I wonder if some of those waitlists are a result of pre-bookings from the current RTW pax. I know at least one person I’m corresponding with mentioned they gave a deposit (or at least got their names listed for when bookings do open) when they were given a sneak preview a few weeks ago ... no specific details or cruisefare info at the time, but they were intrigued enough to take action then.

Interestingly, the other versions of the RTW (Miami-San Fran for example) don’t show any waitlisted categories.

Thanks for info. My TA was going to look into the sign up date too. We are seriously leaning toward booking the cruise and realize you need to be right on it.

Bradpole and Go-Bucks!... don't mind going around the world west to east as have done it on a number of cruises. It's about the itinerary for us.

grmmybtty--

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2295322&highlight=and+so+it+goes....RTW2016

palakika;

we're thinking O has blocked the SanFran-San Fran cabins because O would make more $ if they sold those to the people who will sail the 195 or 200 day itineraries rather than the 162 day itinerary...who knows if that's right...certainly not me!!!

just as we all get a fair chance to get what cabin(s) we'd like. I've given my TA more than 1 cabin # that we'd be happy with.

as far as sailing east/west or west/east I personally think they should declare the time change in the middle of the afternoon at sea, then declare it is Happy Hour, and then who cares whether it is 4:00 pm or 5:00 pm off the coast of Senegal??

Ha,ha I agree about Happy Hour. We are currently thinking that segments might be a better way for us to look at this itinerary. It's a long way off and a lot of time on the ship which might not work for us. I'd like to know what the Japan segment would look like.

Thank you Cynthia. I agree with you about the happy hour.

We also have talked with our TA and given her our preferences for booking. I didn't see the sense of doubling back to San Francisco, California coast and Mexico from Miami, so we will be starting in San Francisco for 162 days. So exciting!

Ha,ha I agree about Happy Hour. We are currently thinking that segments might be a better way for us to look at this itinerary. It's a long way off and a lot of time on the ship which might not work for us. I'd like to know what the Japan segment would look like.

Looking at Japan too. Hopefully they will have one full Japan segment like Beijing to Seward (25 days)-- rather than split it in Tokyo.