Lunches in Hamilton

SissyFace

Recommendations for lunch in Hamilton - close to where the Holland America (Veendam-smaller ship) docks. We have two full days and two partial days ... and I would love to catch a meal or two off of the ship.

We like Hog Penny Pub, for the old British pub type of atmosphere.

The Pickled Onion and the Barracuda Grill are owned by the same company that runs the Hog Penny.

Many people also like Flanagan's Irish Pub.

All four restaurants are literally a stone's throw from where your ship docks.

Hi

Which one in Hamilton is best for the fish sandwich that I keep reading about please?

Art Mel's Spicy Dicy, which is a bit off the beaten tourist track, serves what is generally considered the best fish sandwich .

Rosa's, which is a Tex-Mex type of restaurant on Front St. so is much easier to get to, has won an award for best fish sandwich (Art Mel's didn't participate in the contest).

Art Mel's Spicy Dicy, which is a bit off the beaten tourist track, serves what is generally considered the best fish sandwich .

Rosa's, which is a Tex-Mex type of restaurant on Front St. so is much easier to get to, has won an award for best fish sandwich (Art Mel's didn't participate in the contest).

I keep hearing about Art Mel’s, perhaps grab a taxi when we are in Hamilton to get to it?

I keep hearing about Art Mel’s, perhaps grab a taxi when we are in Hamilton to get to it?

Yes, you could take a taxi or a route #5 bus to get there; just ask the bus driver to drop you close to Art Mel's. Art Mel’s is take out only. You could have the taxi wait for you to take you back to a waterfront park where you could eat your sandwich. The parks I'm thinking of are Point Pleasant Park or Barr's Bay Park.

SBtS

Yes, you could take a taxi or a route #5 bus to get there; just ask the bus driver to drop you close to Art Mel's. Art Mel’s is take out only. You could have the taxi wait for you to take you back to a waterfront park where you could eat your sandwich. The parks I'm thinking of are Point Pleasant Park or Barr's Bay Park.

SBtS

Sounds like a plan , thanks