Amenity change on Nov 1, 2019

rheasue38

Oceania has made some changes in its amenities as of Nov. 1, 2019. Some of the onboard credit has been reduced. I also no longer see the 2 Canyon Ranch Complementary Spa Treatments for those who have 15 cruises or more.

Rhea

Seriously?

The mass lines are all about downgrading and reducing the value to the consumer.

Now Oceania, and the premium lines, will likely follow.

Well.....it was 3 years between cruises before we went on Marina in September 2017.

There is nothing scheduled now because I am fed up with the ever reduced value of cruising along with the continual bull of flying.

My loot $ can be easily allocated elsewhere, Oceania, it is called customized land vacations, a higher end house, higher end vehicles.

Cruise lines, get over yourself.

From our point of view as relatively new O cruisers, the big perk when we make Silver is the free prepaid gratuities. While we realize the OBC will drop from $400 per cabin down to $250 per cabin, the amount of refundable OBC our new TA gives us along with the OBC we get from NCL shareholder benefits, the loss of $150 OBC will not detour us from booking future O cruises.

However, I'm glad we're switching from our current TA to one that only issues refundable OBC or a cash rebate rather than like our current TA which gives the free PPG issued by O as part of their compensation. I've heard you don't get the equivalent in OBC once you make Silver, but I could be wrong.

One other cool thing you get with O is that you get the new perks when you start the cruise that moves you up a level rather than when you finish the cruise like most other cruise lines.

• Like 1

The loss of some of the Plat perks is not a deal breaker for us but neither does it make us love Oceania more.

All changes go either into the plus or minus category and at some point - not just yet - the scales just may tip in a different direction with too many changes from what Oceania was 5 -10 years ago.

I’m moving to crystal. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe, maybe not :D. I am not.

I will post my report on Crystal in a couple of days - see what you think and of course, what will matter the most is YOUR own experience on Crystal.

Maybe, maybe not :D. I am not.

I will post my report on Crystal in a couple of days - see what you think and of course, what will matter the most is YOUR own experience on Crystal.

Looking forward to read it

At this point we care more about sea days, Great on board activities and bridge (for my wife). Food is not our driver at all

We are bored with food, restaurants and lack of interesting activities on oceania. We have been everywhere they sail except the amazon which we don’t want to do.

Right now we have 3 crystal cruises booked, one regent (to experience the explorer) a return trip on the pg and our third safari. I don’t see any room for o in our cruising future

We just got off seabourn (Antarctica). That is a very viable option for o cruisers. It was our second seabourn Cruise

Looking forward to read it

At this point we care more about sea days, Great on board activities and bridge (for my wife). Food is not our driver at all

We are bored with food, restaurants and lack of interesting activities on oceania. We have been everywhere they sail except the amazon which we don’t want to do.

Right now we have 3 crystal cruises booked, one regent (to experience the explorer) a return trip on the pg and our third safari. I don’t see any room for o in our cruising future

We just got off seabourn (Antarctica). That is a very viable option for o cruisers. It was our second seabourn Cruise

We've been following the Seabourn Antarctica posts, as that will be the next cruise we book. I noted that you seemed very pleased with your Quest cruise, yet I see in the post above you don't have another Seabourn cruise booked. Do you mind my asking why?

I can live without the spa treatments, we are getting close to that level. Cutting OBC surprises me since this amenity functions as a stimulus to spend money on the ship. We have booked cooking classes, an occasional excursion, bought a better wine, etc.

I'm going to wait until I hear an official ruling on whether there will be any grandfathering or not before I get all up in arms.

It seems unless you are bronze or higher it's a moot point.

It's still a good loyalty program, but I believe those that were promised certain perks to attain a level should get them. And those close enough to earn that level by Nov 1 should get them.

I'm going to wait until I hear an official ruling on whether there will be any grandfathering or not before I get all up in arms.

It seems unless you are bronze or higher it's a moot point.

It's still a good loyalty program, but I believe those that were promised certain perks to attain a level should get them. And those close enough to earn that level by Nov 1 should get them.

I like your thinking, ORV. We will be Silver by the end of 2018. :D

Things happen and everyone needs to make a decision of what is important to them. And let's not forget that very $100 OBC doesn't cost Oceania $100, when you spend it you pay retail with a Oceania profit. So if you buy a $100 shirt (or whatever) you'll getting a cost of $50.00 (or more) to Oceania. So $100 OBC to Oceania isn't $100.

That explains why my Platinum OBC for the RTW shows $500

Anyone know if they are changing the way they are handling second PPG? In 2017, we made gold on the RTW. Since PPG was a RTW perk (same as in 2020), we received a nice chunk of extra OBC for the gold perk PPG we weren’t using. I’ll look at my booking docs to see if there is any special mention of a change in this respect as a result of the amenity changes, but if anyone has the answer, I’d be interested to hear from them.

What does that exactly mean as it doesn't appear the # of cruises requirement to reach any given level has changed from what I can see?

The benefits have -- specifically OBC.

The comment of "same" still makes no sense. So if Silver -- you keep the old, when you get to Gold well you get nothing extra??

The benefits have -- specifically OBC.

The comment of "same" still makes no sense. So if Silver -- you keep the old, when you get to Gold well you get nothing extra??

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm glad we'll be making Silver by the end of the year to take advantage of that. Unfortunately, not so lucky for those that don't.

I tried to get the full list from the O website, but the link for the "after 11/1/2019" list isn't working ... goes to a different page that talks about the "Experience." Does anyone have a document showing the full list? (Aside from the image capture previously posted.)

We'll be making platinum in July/August 2019. The agent I spoke with at O confirmed that we will then retain the current amenities for the RTW2020. The agent also updated my RTW2020 invoice to reflect SBC in lieu of Club PPG, so that answers my previous question about whether there are any changes to that.

We're not amongst the lucky ones to attain silver before the previous change on how SBC for double PPG was handled. Anyone know if the $$ amount of the SBC changes with your club level or cabin category, or is it the same for all pax? Just curious.