M&M or Shore Experts rail/bus tours - any experience

go-goChapter2

Mom (88 years) and I are doing my first (her 2nd) Alaska cruise early June. Because we want to do the Skagway White Pass train AND bus tour and Princess doesn't offer it, I'm searching. We are in Skagway on a Sunday so it appears we can't bus up and train down as I had hoped to do.

The best options seem to be M&M Tours and Alaska Shore Options, but I can't find reviews on either. Does anyone have experience with either? Or other suggestions? Appreciate any help! Thanks!

I don't see Alaska Shore Options. Do you mean Alaska Shore Excursions? If so, they are selling other companies' excursions. Which may be why you can't find a review of them.

M & M tours is rated on trip advisor (perhaps they sell other companies' tours also; I don't know):

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60877-d2319019-Reviews-M_M_Tours-Skagway_Alaska.html

If you want to book through Princess, I believe they do offer a train/bus combo. I see one for my cruise in June. It is listed as: Yukon Expedition & White Pass Scenic Railway SGY-180| SKAGWAY

Experience the beauty of the legendary White Pass Trail of '98 from different perspectives on this exhilarating tour. Travel the Klondike Highway by motorcoach, over the White Pass Summit, into Canada's Yukon culminating with a thrilling ride aboard the historic White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad. A scenic drive parallels the route used by prospectors during the 1898 Klondike Gold Rush as you ascend the 3,290-foot White Pass Summit. The lush growth of the coast gives way to Canada's rugged wilderness as you travel through the glaciated area known as Tormented Valley. Enjoy a barbecue lunch at the Caribou Crossing Trading Post followed by a stroll through the Wildlife Gallery, petting farm, dog musher's village and RCMP heritage center. Stop at the Native village of Carcross, home to exceptional handi-crafts. Then, board the White Pass & Yukon Railroad vintage train cars for an epic, 27-mile journey past breathtaking waterfalls, mountains and glaciers.

Try Chilkoot -

https://chilkootcharters.com/reservations/

I did the Yukon Bus and Rail Combo last summer and it's a good day. We made about a dozen stops going up in the van. We had lunch and explored the museum, etc. We then rode the train for the last segment. Our driver gave us the option of being dropped off in downtown Skagway or back at the ship.

They have the smaller tour vans, about 25 people maximum.

Enjoy Alaska!

Patti