Oceania transfers

BJS

Any advice on Oceania transfers?

Are taxi fares much cheaper?

Looking at what Oceania wants in Copenhagen and what I see for taxi fares it looks like the transfer is double the taxi fare and for 2 people that makes it 4 times as expensive.

Thank your for the help "Oceania Newbie"

We evaluate O transfers based on the particular port. For example, are local taxis readily available at dockside, do they have a “bad reputation”, etc. Sometimes the more expensive option is the best option.

Thank you. I will now have to try and find out if taxis are available in Stockholm and Copenhagen.

I can't remember when we used an "O" transfer. Maybe if we were a long way away and there weren't other options (and can't remember any such). We usually take a cab or order a car service. And we usually are doing a deviation as well where we probably don't have the option of an "O" transfer, although since we haven't tried I could be wrong on that score!

If you are coming in on a regular "O" flight (arriving on the day) it COULD be reasonable ... but check what they are charging.

If you are taking one of the hotel packages offered by "O" then usually the transfer is included.

If we're talking Copenhagen and Stockholm (I admit I didn't notice that until I looked at previous answers again), a cab is your best bet.

Mura

I can't remember when we used an "O" transfer. Maybe if we were a long way away and there weren't other options (and can't remember any such). We usually take a cab or order a car service. And we usually are doing a deviation as well where we probably don't have the option of an "O" transfer, although since we haven't tried I could be wrong on that score!

If you are coming in on a regular "O" flight (arriving on the day) it COULD be reasonable ... but check what they are charging.

If you are taking one of the hotel packages offered by "O" then usually the transfer is included.

If we're talking Copenhagen and Stockholm (I admit I didn't notice that until I looked at previous answers again), a cab is your best bet.

Mura

Thank you for your answers.

We are doing our own air and hotels.

These are 2 Oceania cruises. The first we will fly in a day early to Copenhagen get a hotel night and then embark the Marina. That cruise disembarks in Stockholm and we will go to the airport and fly to Dublin. In Dublin we will have a hotel night then embark on the Nautica. That cruise disembarks in Copenhagen and we fly home from there.

On occasion with other cruise lines we have returned to the airport from a pre-cruise hotel stay and taken their transfers to the port but looking at O's transfers they seem very expensive.

Given that you are arriving in CPH, we had a problem with our cab driver going to the cruise port in 2016. We were coming from a hotel stay and were told which port we were at but our driver couldn't find it. So we drove around the port a lot! We did find the ship, it just took a while.

Never had that problem in the opposite direction ...

It was still cheaper than a ship transfer, assuming we could have had one ... which we could not have had under those circumstances!

A pity you aren't spending time in Stockholm ... unless, of course, you have been there before! Dublin is also wonderful.

Mura

When we disembarked in Stockholm a couple of years ago, there were plenty of cabs available and plenty of cab police and signs giving the price for airport or in town hotel since there had been disputes widely reported on the internet. It was way less expensive than O transportation even when the cab driver tried for a little more.

Also worth checking on the roll call for your cruises to see if anyone else wanted to share the cost of a taxi/ mini van.

Thank you for your suggestion.

No roll call for the Copenhagen to Stockholm cruise- I started one.

Roll call for Dublin to Copenhagen has 2 others that will be on the Nautica from previous cruise.

Will keep checking roll calls in future maybe someone else will join up.

Never take an o transfer. It is a huge multiple of even a private car service. Eg 200 for o, 60 for private car. It’s insane

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for this advice. We will follow it.

When we disembarked in Stockholm a couple of years ago, there were plenty of cabs available and plenty of cab police and signs giving the price for airport or in town hotel since there had been disputes widely reported on the internet. It was way less expensive than O transportation even when the cab driver tried for a little more.

Thank you for sharing. This was the port I was most concerned about because it is apparently 60 miles from the airport.

Given that you are arriving in CPH, we had a problem with our cab driver going to the cruise port in 2016. We were coming from a hotel stay and were told which port we were at but our driver couldn't find it. So we drove around the port a lot! We did find the ship, it just took a while.

Never had that problem in the opposite direction ...

It was still cheaper than a ship transfer, assuming we could have had one ... which we could not have had under those circumstances!

A pity you aren't spending time in Stockholm ... unless, of course, you have been there before! Dublin is also wonderful.

Mura

Yes, agree about Stockholm - we have been there and Dublin before several times.

I am hoping in Copenhagen from the hotel to the pier we will not have your experience. Maybe they will be able to give us a berth number to help the cab driver find it easier when we arrive at the port..unless he wants to keep the meter running longer.

FWIW, we had absolutely no problem getting to the port at Copenhagen.

I think we took a shuttle that our hotel offered for a reasonable price, seemed to be around 30 dollars for the two of us.

What airport are you talking about in Stockholm, most information I see says about 25-30 miles?

BJS;

The airport is perhaps 60 kilometers , at most, away, not 60 miles!

In Copenhagen, the R ships normally are docked on the Langenlinen very near The Little Mermaid, whereas the Marina typically docks in a more commercial area for larger ships farther out in Nord Haven. Always tell the taxi driver specifically which dock you want. I think they sometimes get confused between the ships and where each docks. I’ve seen both the Nautica and Marina in town at the same time, or one leaving and the other arriving, at separate docks , on consecutive days.

Thank you for your answers.

These are 2 Oceania cruises. The first we will fly in a day early to Copenhagen get a hotel night and then embark the Marina. That cruise disembarks in Stockholm and we will go to the airport and fly to Dublin. In Dublin we will have a hotel night then embark on the Nautica. That cruise disembarks in Copenhagen and we fly home from there.

On occasion with other cruise lines we have returned to the airport from a pre-cruise hotel stay and taken their transfers to the port but looking at O's transfers they seem very expensive.

I love that you have created your own unique back to back. I would have never thought of it and now I will. Thank you.

Kathleen

FWIW, we had absolutely no problem getting to the port at Copenhagen.

I think we took a shuttle that our hotel offered for a reasonable price, seemed to be around 30 dollars for the two of us.

What airport are you talking about in Stockholm, most information I see says about 25-30 miles?

Thank you for your response.

The airport is ARN and I rechecked the distance from Frihamnen dock which I am assuming is where the Marina will dock and it is approximately 27 miles.

The confirmation about getting to the port at Copenhagen is most appreciated. We will also check about a shuttle to the port from our hotel.

BJS;

The airport is perhaps 60 kilometers , at most, away, not 60 miles!

In Copenhagen, the R ships normally are docked on the Langenlinen very near The Little Mermaid, whereas the Marina typically docks in a more commercial area for larger ships farther out in Nord Haven. Always tell the taxi driver specifically which dock you want. I think they sometimes get confused between the ships and where each docks. I’ve seen both the Nautica and Marina in town at the same time, or one leaving and the other arriving, at separate docks , on consecutive days.

Thank you for your help.

I did recheck the distance to the airport and it appears to be about 43 km.

I will confirm which dock the ship will be departing from but assume that since it is the Marinia it will possibly be Oceankaj Port in Nordhavn.

I would imagine the Nautica for our return to Copenhagen might dock at either of the ports so should we want to do anything other than finding a taxi to the airport when we disembark I will also try to obtain that information before making any arrangements.

If you look at what "O" charges for a transfer you can get a car service, and always a taxi which let's you go on your time........why get in a bus with 35+ people.

I was shocked at the cost of the O transfers compared to other cruise lines and could not believe how much it was compared to taxi service.

The number of people on the bus if it is a better price doesn't bother us but the $$$$ sure does!

We are taking the O transfer from the Nice Airport to Monte Carlo. It is pricey--but the last time we were in Nice there was a one day public transportation strike and getting a cab or Uber was very difficult and the train or bus was not an option.

After flying for many hours from California to Paris to Nice, I want to see that nice person at the airport holding the Oceania sign.

The cruise ends in Barcelona and we are spending 4 additional nights on our own. I asked the cost of the transfer and it was something crazy like $79 per person!!!!

We had booked an O transfer at Bangkok to the airport. I noted there was 9 hours before our flight. I asked which hotel we would be taken to. I was told there had been that option (which no one told us about) but the day rooms were fully booked. I contacted the airport hotel and booked a day room at half the price O would have charged. We went to the airport as per transfer and then got the free hotel shuttle. We got the hotel shuttle back and just had an hour to wait for our flight.

We are taking the O transfer from the Nice Airport to Monte Carlo. It is pricey--but the last time we were in Nice there was a one day public transportation strike and getting a cab or Uber was very difficult and the train or bus was not an option.

After flying for many hours from California to Paris to Nice, I want to see that nice person at the airport holding the Oceania sign.

The cruise ends in Barcelona and we are spending 4 additional nights on our own. I asked the cost of the transfer and it was something crazy like $79 per person!!!!

Thank you for sharing your experiences - it helps.