No preview images or video on Nieuw Statendam???

I assume it will be like most ships within a same class. The same layout with different colors, carpets, and artworks. Other than that, I'm not sure what else they can do.

Build a couple of small ships...

Hahahaha!!! Yes, Stickey, that they do....

I know that the new ship will be similar to the Koningsdam.

I would not be expecting them to reinvent the whole ship.

(That being said, yes they can do whatever they want with any updated design and decor)

But, yes, the whole color and decor schematic could be updated and changed up.

As mentioned, some of the color schemes (crayola red and yellow???? really!!!) seriously need to be reconsidered.

I am waiting to see some renderings and videos!

I am waiting to see some renderings and videos!
This would be nice. But I'm not entirely sure this would show up on such renderings. Usually, these are used to demonstrate the architecture and layout, not so much the specific decorative choices. I'm not sure they will pay to make any renderings when they can just take photographs of the K-dam (which they have already used in NS' promotional information). I suspect that you will have to wait until her first sailing (or some other official release of photography, a walkthrough, etc.) before you get a feel for how she's decorated.

I thought that I read somewhere that the decor theme on the Nieuw Statendam was to be different from that of the Koningsdam. HAL has a history of doing such, i.e. Volendam's floral theme vs. Zaandam's music theme.
I think Nieuw Statendam will have the same theme. Per the deck plans, the NS retains the same, musically themed deck names (Mozart, Schubert, etc.). Unless they just forgot to change it, or they did not want to spoil the fun, all signs suggest another ship themed on music.

We need patience!!!!

I don't think they are making huge changes in decor, etc...

But, I do hope they update some of this and bring back a bit more of a sophisticated look.

And, didn't everybody complain about the bathroom/toilet layout on Koningsdam.

Maybe they can/will tweek that a bit.

We need patience!!!!

I don't think they are making huge changes in decor, etc...

But, I do hope they update some of this and bring back a bit more of a sophisticated look.

And, didn't everybody complain about the bathroom/toilet layout on Koningsdam.

Maybe they can/will tweek that a bit.

Someone was told that the toilet angle issue will be corrected. And we know there will be some sort of switch between where the BB King band plays and where the Lincoln Center orchestra plays. If you're expecting drastic changes, I think you'll be disappointed. If you hate the K-Dam that much, I don't think the NS will be your cup of tea, either.

To be honest,and this is my own personal view on HAL designs, bearing in mind that I am a 39nyear old Western European, Koningsdam is the first HAL vessel that does NOT look like a cheap retirement residence from the seventies, although the last drydocks are somewhat making things better.

She is very sophisticated interiour wise, but still extremely Americana in style.

But we cruise for the HAL service, value for money and yes, also Maritime heritage.

Koningsdam was a bit disappointing in some of these aspects, especially value for money.

Example, the Lido Market has NO MORE Lemonade or juice dispensers available, only iced-tea. We like the juices available during the day on other vessels.

Again on Lido Market, stations, including the Ice-cream station close at 14;30h, and from then on, only gelato, which carries a fee. Is available. On other vessels, Ice-cream station remains open throughout the afternoon.

On Koningsdam, NO Tex-Mex station, a favourite with HAL cruisers.

I do hope that these things will be corrected, but I fear the worst.

To be honest,and this is my own personal view on HAL designs, bearing in mind that I am a 39nyear old Western European, Koningsdam is the first HAL vessel that does NOT look like a cheap retirement residence from the seventies, although the last drydocks are somewhat making things better.

She is very sophisticated interiour wise, but still extremely Americana in style.

But we cruise for the HAL service, value for money and yes, also Maritime heritage.

Koningsdam was a bit disappointing in some of these aspects, especially value for money.

Example, the Lido Market has NO MORE Lemonade or juice dispensers available, only iced-tea. We like the juices available during the day on other vessels.

Again on Lido Market, stations, including the Ice-cream station close at 14;30h, and from then on, only gelato, which carries a fee. Is available. On other vessels, Ice-cream station remains open throughout the afternoon.

On Koningsdam, NO Tex-Mex station, a favourite with HAL cruisers.

I do hope that these things will be corrected, but I fear the worst.

I agree, my first HAL ship the - the Zuiderdam- really looked totaly outdated and old fashined- I would not go as far as call her ugly or " Cheap Retirement Home Style" - but dated nevertheless! I do look forward to my next HAL cruise on the newly updated Nieuw Amsterdam! Service, food and staff were great- which is why go back!

I agree, my first HAL ship the - the Zuiderdam- really looked totaly outdated and old fashined- I would not go as far as call her ugly or " Cheap Retirement Home Style" - but dated nevertheless! I do look forward to my next HAL cruise on the newly updated Nieuw Amsterdam! Service, food and staff were great- which is why go back!
You will love the new look of the NA. I thought she looked fantastic. My only other sailing with HAL was on the Noordam, and while I enjoyed it, the NA's look blew it out of the water.

That comment above was just rude...

I never said I hated the Koningsdam, or that I would go sail on another line.

It is nice to hear others that might agree that some updating and tweeking to the decor/design would be a big improvement.

I am off to find some photos of the renovated Nieuw Amsterdam!!!

That comment above was just rude...

I never said I hated the Koningsdam, or that I would go sail on another line.

It is nice to hear others that might agree that some updating and tweeking to the decor/design would be a big improvement.

I am off to find some photos of the renovated Nieuw Amsterdam!!!

Sorry, rudeness was not my intention. I was just trying to convey that if you do not like how the K-dam looks, you probably won't like the N.S. either.

Yes! We are still very much considering a future booking!

And, while it might be more huff-and-puff PR, HAL has just put out another press release about the re-design going into the new ship. We shall see!!!

Again, I think you're getting yourself too excited for nothing. Calling it a redesign is too generous. It will be much, much more similar to K-dam than it will be different.