Kitchen Table Cooking Class critique TA on the Sky

sunbrookgal

Just finished up our 3rd class at the KTCC. So worth the time, so worth the experience. Having the head chef of Manfredi's as our personal chef for 3 hours. Nice. Worth the penny. We are not wasteful, this is a wise choice. Wish we did all 6. Oh well, next time.

I would absolutely love to do this. Is it hands on for the entire meal, or is it more demonstration? How many typically are in the class? I would assume that you all end up eating the meal together, and do you have a choice of wines etc? What it the charge for doing this, and how do you sign up and do you know the menu prior?

Thank you very much!

How was this announced? Where did you sign up? Did you do shopping with the Chef or was that something else? How long did it last from beginning to end? Did they give you the recipes afterward to take with you?

The only Kitchen Table experiences we have come across while on a VO trip sounded a lot like yours, but there was only one during each cruise and it was (give or take) $250/pp. You may well be at a higher pay grade than I am but that would still be quite an investment in your culinary education! Have they added sessions, and is the price different?

I believe that Viking offers two kinds of cooking experiences. One is the shorex that includes a trip to a local food market to buy the ingredients (and costs $250) and the other is cooking class with no on-shore experience (and probably done on at-sea days). Molymoo, we probably did not see any of this second type on Iconic Cities because we were in port each day.

That makes sense Peregrina. I want to say that I Read on another thread that the charge was $59. I may be wrong, but if that is the case, I would absolutely sign up. The pricing I do remember someone saying (not the market experience) it was reasonable.

It was either $59 or $69 for the cooking on a sea day cruise early last year and was a lot of fun. In our Italian class, we worked in groups on prep and then the chef (who visited each group) did a demo cooking of each dish and then we all ate the food around the table. It was fun. We got to keep our aprons which were very nicely made. I did not see or sign up for the class online but was given a sheet about it when we embarked. Knowing how fast such a class might fill up, that was the first thing I signed up for on board! I felt the price was fine for what we got and pretty much what I have paid on other lines.

Sorry. In Barcelona enjoying the town. Paid 59 each. When we got on in San Juan we headed to customer Service. They helped us with Special Restaurants the KTCC as well. She was wonderful. More later. Do one it’s amazing.

Thank you! I will be signing up for sure!,

Enjoy Barcelona. It is one of our favorite cities!