drinks upgrade price please?

39august

I have read several different posts about paying to upgrade from the classic package to the premium package. The quoted price per day has not been consistent in those posts. Would someone please tell me the actual price per day, including the 18% gratuity?

Drink package question. I have the middle tier Classic drink package. This sounded fine for me as it covers drinks up to $9 which covers 99% of what I would want. I like good bourbon but do not have the palette to appreciate the very high end stuff. I typically mix most anyway which I would never do with top shelf liquor. Last night I was doing some research trying to find out what was included such as the coffee bar and such and found a list of liquor included. I was very surprised it only included one Bourbon choice. I had quite a bit of Beam in college and am not opposed to it but surprised it is the mid tier option. I can only imagine what the standard package includes. Several Scotch and Canadian blend selections but generally not a fan of them. I am satisfied with the options in other categories but disappointed in the Whiskey one. Will be trying some/all of the options over the vacation but was wondering if anyone knows how you are billed if you select a bourbon from the Premium tier? Classic Whiskey is

Canadian Club

Dewar's White Label

Famous Grouse

Jameson

Jim Beam

Johnnie Walker Red

Monkey Shoulder

Seagram's 7

Seagram's VO

If I order a Jack and coke which is on the premium list, it is likely or should be less than the $9 limit. If it is over then the pricing structure of drinks is too high. I guess I will have to ask this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you order a drink with a brand of liquor that is on the Premium package you will be charged the difference between the cost of the drink with premium liquor and the Classic package limit of $9. So if the drink you order is $11 you will be charged $2.36 ($2.00 +18% gratutity).

I have read several different posts about paying to upgrade from the classic package to the premium package. The quoted price per day has not been consistent in those posts. Would someone please tell me the actual price per day, including the 18% gratuity?

Hi,$11.8 per day to upgrade

I am not sure where you are finding the inconsistency. jimzgoldfinch is correct. $10 a day base price plus 18% ($11.18). The Delta of $10 a day has been around for a long time. The gratuity was increased from 15% to 18% some years ago.

Enjoy the package. We always upgrade.

Looking at a menu for Michaels club. Maker’s and Knob Creek are $8.00. However they are listed in the premium package spirits and not Classic. Which rules, 5e price or the package?

Looking at a menu for Michaels club. Maker’s and Knob Creek are $8.00. However they are listed in the premium package spirits and not Classic. Which rules, 5e price or the package?

I am somewhat confused by your question. For the past several years Michael's Club has been a private venue for suite guests and Zenith members of the Captain's Club. Periodically members of the Blue Chip program are also invited. There are no drink prices, nor drink menus, in Michael's Club. What is offered in Michael's Club varies according to the drink preferences of the MC guests.

I am somewhat confused by your question. For the past several years Michael's Club has been a private venue for suite guests and Zenith members of the Captain's Club. Periodically members of the Blue Chip program are also invited. There are no drink prices, nor drink menus, in Michael's Club. What is offered in Michael's Club varies according to the drink preferences of the MC guests.

Hence the cited Michael's Club menu was probably several years old with somewhat lower than current prices.

Looking on internet I found this. Not sure how dated.

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/celebrity-drink-lists/

I opened your link. For years Michael's Club was essentially a piano bar type venue. Then around 2012 (or so) there was a brief attempt to transform Michael's Club into a craft beer venue. When I looked at the MC menus those are the menus from the craft beer attempt. That craft beer idea didn't last very long. My husband is a fan of craft beer, and I remember while on a B2B on the Infinity in 2012 we would go to MC, DH would order a beer, and the bartender would have to tell him that that beer wasn't in stock. It was a year or two later when MC was then again transformed into its current use as a private club/retreat for suite guests, Zeniths and certain members of the Blue Chip club. We have access to MC, and there are no longer any drink menus of any type. And for those who have access to MC there are no charges for any beverages.

I opened your link. For years Michael's Club was essentially a piano bar type venue. Then around 2012 (or so) there was a brief attempt to transform Michael's Club into a craft beer venue. When I looked at the MC menus those are the menus from the craft beer attempt. That craft beer idea didn't last very long. My husband is a fan of craft beer, and I remember while on a B2B on the Infinity in 2012 we would go to MC, DH would order a beer, and the bartender would have to tell him that that beer wasn't in stock. It was a year or two later when MC was then again transformed into its current use as a private club/retreat for suite guests, Zeniths and certain members of the Blue Chip club. We have access to MC, and there are no longer any drink menus of any type. And for those who have access to MC there are no charges for any beverages.

Thanks for the info. I hate that I like bourbon and the Classic selection is so poor. The vodka selection has some good choices my wife will like but it sounds like our package will not cover her to order a martini from the martini bar. Will see how it goes the first day or two and upgrade if needed.

See, that's why I'm confused. I've read both $11.18 and $11.80 on many different posts. I believe it should be $11.80. I didn't plan on upgrading my husband's package because he is perfectly happy with what is included. I, on the other hand, like to have martinis at the Martini Bar and specialty drinks at the World Class bar.

I think that if you do upgrade it has to be the whole cabin, so your wife too would be on premium.

This is to stop the obvious of upgrading one and going back to the bar twice!

This is not currently true on Celebrity. If you are choosing between perks, you have to choose the same perks initially (both people get the beverage package instead of one getting the beverage package and one getting OBC, for example). Once you have the beverage package on your account, though, you can upgrade one to Premium without upgrading the other.

See, that's why I'm confused. I've read both $11.18 and $11.80 on many different posts. I believe it should be $11.80. I didn't plan on upgrading my husband's package because he is perfectly happy with what is included. I, on the other hand, like to have martinis at the Martini Bar and specialty drinks at the World Class bar.

For planning purposes, a $0.62 difference for a two week trip is less than $9, so I'm not sure why it really matters. Celebrity will do the math correctly, however.

The upgrade price from the Classic Alcohol Package to the Premium Beverage Package is currently $10 per day plus an 18% gratuity... Clearly, that's $11.80 per day [and not $11.18 per day; my guess is that citation was a typo or--perhaps--a minor math error]...