Eastern vs Western

LSKC

I know it is subjective and everyone likes different things but ... what itinerary do you prefer and why?

We've done only one cruise. It was eastern with Disney island, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. I see the Celebrity in 2018 takes you Eastern to San Juan, St. Thomas, Punta Cana/Dominican Rep, Nassau.

These islands at first glance don't excite me much but to be fair I've not looked much into things to do on each.

We are mostly beach people. I love to snorkel, we like to see a bit of the island but mostly relax on a picturesque beach for at least 1/2 the ports of call. Nassau and Dominican Republic don't excite me at all... especially Nassau.

Western itinerary looks more enticing (to me so far) but if I'm looking for Western itinerary in November and nothing comes up for Equinox/Solstice size ship.

If there is no Western for the ship you want then repeat the Eastern for the beaches. We have done them all and don't even get off the ship anymore. Prefer the quieter poolside to a sandy beach with no cover from the sun.

Sue

I prefer the Southern first no Hurricane damage but usually port intensive. Then Western for the beaches (Costa Maya All inclusive) and snorkling (Grand Cayman, Belize). Eastern has better shopping and Maho Beach is a must in St. Martin. But after being on so many cruises, I go for the ship as the destination. In your case try the Western. Beaches are better you just have to do your research.

I like them both for different reasons, but my wife and I both love southern the best. Tried to book one for 1/19, but they were over seven days and we couldn't be gone that long. The hope is for 2020.

Was in St. Maarten a week ago and it is still a mess, especially on the French side. Philipsburg shopping area was somewhat rebuilt but many closed/boarded up buildings and roofs gone. French side looks like a war zone.