RCL Empress - Deck 4 (Cabin 4645/4647 specifically)

cpayne

Looking at Deck 4 on RCL Empress. Does anyone know what the big open white space is on the left somewhat/not quite mid ship?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/empress-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1810/AD

Trying to make cabin selections for our friends traveling with us. The ship is so small that I can't seem to find a good inside cabin no matter where I look. Trying to stay mid ship'ish. Every cabin I look at seems to have something above, below or next to that I'm trying to avoid.

Also, cabins 4645 and 4647appear to be larger on the deck plan. Has anyone had those cabins and know this for a fact?

I asked both these questions to RCL, but of course they don't know.....

Storage for all the laundry carts makes perfect sense! Didn't even think of that option! Looking at the 4th floor that almost has to be it bc there doesn't appear to be any other area for this storage. That should create some noise for our friends staying in cabin 4645, but I would think during certain times of day that should not be too bothersome. Again, the size of this ship made picking all 5 of our cabins a challenge!

Thanks for the input!

It's been quite a while since we were on Empress but I believe that is the galley and storage area for the MDR on deck 4 and 5. The latter deck has a galley for the MDR and Chops.

On our first RC cruise, which was on Empress, we had a 117 sq.ft. Q inside and that cabin was tiny.

As the first shot below shows this cabin had only room for one night table beside the bed and we use to separate the bed into twin configuration in the day time so to have sitting places for more than two.

We also have had a 146 sq.ft. inside cabin on Enchantment.similar to the 144 sq.ft. large inside on Empress and it was marginally better as it at least had two chairs, with the desk one, as shown in the second shot below.

EmpressInside.jpg.6e76e89b40114ec7547ff2082cd7d8db.jpg

Ench055.jpg.7fa4f55e19bd02797312949570fecc3d.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Storage for all the laundry carts makes perfect sense! Didn't even think of that option! Looking at the 4th floor that almost has to be it bc there doesn't appear to be any other area for this storage. That should create some noise for our friends staying in cabin 4645, but I would think during certain times of day that should not be too bothersome. Again, the size of this ship made picking all 5 of our cabins a challenge!

Thanks for the input!

Actually I believe the cabin steward storage areas are the two white spaces mid-ship and just forward of the front elevators.

Also part of the white space at the back is for the exhaust stack that is there in the middle, side to side, of that part of the Empress.

Edited by robtulipe