Celebrity wine allowance

SwedeCan

Carry on. If it's in your checked baggage, you will likely be called to security to open your bag for them to inspect it.

2 bottles - 3 times in our checked luggage and never been called to security - luggage delivered without any issue. This was on ex UK sailings.

They're ostensibly looking for contraband in checked luggage and would be within their rights to ask to inspect your bag if they saw large bottles of liquid in them. Past performance does not dictate future results.

About halfway through a recent cruise on the Reflection we were able to buy a bottle of wine - to be consumed in our cabin - for $20 as a special promotion. The wine was being sold at a table set up outside the Oceanview Cafe.

Are you allowed to open bottle in your room and drink in public areas in a glass?

Not officially, but some people do it anyway. Probably the same ones who wear shorts to dinner, hog the pool lounges, smoke on their balconies. . .

Not officially, but some people do it anyway. Probably the same ones who wear shorts to dinner, hog the pool lounges, smoke on their balconies. . .

We never wear shorts to dinner, hog pool lounges, or smoke on balconies. We also have never worn our bathrobes to breakfast or attempted to save multiple seats in the theater.

But we DO pour a glass of wine in our cabin and have been known to leave the room with it, even carrying it to dinner!

Shocking, I know!

How should I bring my 2 bottles of wine aboard. Carry on or checked baggage?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

Two 750 ml bottles of wine per stateroom. I suggest carry-on. Ask your stateroom attendant for wine glasses. You can also stop at any bar and get empty wine glasses. No problem. Nothing wrong with pouring yourself a glass of wine and drinking it wherever you want. Enjoy.

Two 750 ml bottles of wine per stateroom. I suggest carry-on. Enjoy. Ask your stateroom attendant for wine glasses. You can also stop at any bar and get empty wine glasses.

We do this each cruise. Even if we have a beverage package, it is nice to know you can have a glass of your favorite white or red whenever you choose. Yes, we have taken said glass with us to Blu, or one of the lounges.

Well I don't want to be lumped in with them;) LOL

You won't be lumped with those people. I have seen many passengers enter the MDR and theater carrying beverages with them. In the MDR, your server may take your drink to carry it to your table for you.

You won't be lumped with those people. I have seen many passengers enter the MDR and theater carrying beverages with them. In the MDR, your server may take your drink to carry it to your table for you.

Absolutely! One hopes they purchased those drinks at one of the bars and simply didn't finish them before they went to dinner or the show.

Are you allowed to open bottle in your room and drink in public areas in a glass?

This is an accepted practice on Celebrity ships. They just don't want you to carry your bottle out in public. Each room has 2 wine glasses that you can use, but if you don't return with glasses your room attendant may forget to replace with clean glasses.