MSC Seaside dinner buffet(s)

pisces68

The large buffet was open for dinner, the smaller one was not, but was open later. They are both free, except for sodas, alcohol.

Hi Pisces68 - javaguru highlights what currently is happening on Seaside. I am hoping it will stay that way (or even open the smaller one as well) for our cruise in November!

Just worth noting though, that MSC are still tweaking the dining options - so things might change.

Up until recently, the large buffet was entirely closed in the evening

(it seems for most sailings)

, and used for an MDR overflow.

Now only half is used for that purpose, while the other half is a traditional buffet.

There is rumour that more sittings will be added to the existing two MDRs - which might mean the large buffet would no longer be used as a MDR overflow and be exclusively a buffet again! :p

Per another thread, I think MSC are listening and learning from feedback they are being given on the Seaside (the first in her ship class) - which is a great thing.

Hi Pisces68 - javaguru highlights what currently is happening on Seaside. I am hoping it will stay that way (or even open the smaller one as well) for our cruise in November!

Just worth noting though, that MSC are still tweaking the dining options - so things might change.

Up until recently, the large buffet was entirely closed in the evening

(it seems for most sailings)

, and used for an MDR overflow.

Now only half is used for that purpose, while the other half is a traditional buffet.

There is rumour that more sittings will be added to the existing two MDRs - which might mean the large buffet would no longer be used as a MDR overflow and be exclusively a buffet again! :p

Per another thread, I think MSC are listening and learning from feedback they are being given on the Seaside (the first in her ship class) - which is a great thing.

Sure hope so.

MSC definitely take note if Cruise Critic. I posted this whilst on board that our friends who had a Fantastica cabin had been assigned dinner in the Buffet MDR.

When we spoke to the Restaurant Manager after boarding about us sharing a table (we had Aurea) at first they said they could not guarantee it but to go to the restaurant at 8..30 to see if one available.

I said ok but then pointed out to him about the buffet table assignment and said shouldn’t that only be for Bella guess?

He asked me what I knew about that and I said “well on the forum “ and immediately he looked at his table reservations and found us a table for the rest of the week!

Also at the Meet and Greet the first thing that Andre the Cruise Director referenced was not to take note of bad reviews and to make our own decisions about the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums