Navigator of the Seas -- Would kids enjoy?

I've seen a few threads where folks ask about Oasis class v smaller ships and the general consensus seems to be that Voyager Class or later the kids will enjoy -- I'm confirming.

We have 2 teens and a 9 year old. I really want to do ABC islands, but leave from the US and the Navigator has a great one from Miami with 4 sea days and 4 port days including the ABCs and Labadee.

The issue as I see it is that we've only been on the big ships with the kids: Oasis, Getaway, Escape and we are going on Symphony of the Seas next. Are the kids going to be disappointed on the Navigator after all of these big ships with all the bells and whistles? Or is there still enough for them to do?

They love the surf simulator and the rock walls or ropes courses. They really don't do any of the entertainment. I think the biggest loss would be water slides, but my oldest kids spend every sea day in the teen club anyway. As long as there are hot tubs our youngest is happy and we are happy.

We would be traveling over winter break so I'm sure there would be more kids on Navigator than usual. Any assistance would be welcomed.

Thanks!

This ship is great for kids because of the addition of the flow rider and the many activities that they have onboard. The only thing that could be a problem is that many families don't book the longer sailings like the 9 night ABC. Either way I think you and your children would enjoy it.

If you are going on the 12/21 cruise we will be on it and I’m sure a lot of kids. We’ve cruised on Hal with the kids, so our kids are going to be in love with all the stuff to do. Our kids will be 14 and 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we were on navigator this past xmas. many many families of all ages,multi-generations ,on the nine day cruise.

only issue may be for kids (and adults): free dining consists only of windjammer,main dining room, and café promenade.

no where for a snack after nine pm except café promenade.

no Sorrento's pizza.

this is where carnival shines..multiple free eateries.

If you are going on the 12/21 cruise we will be on it and I’m sure a lot of kids. We’ve cruised on Hal with the kids, so our kids are going to be in love with all the stuff to do. Our kids will be 14 and 10.

Thanks! Wow, you've been on Hal with kids too, I haven't heard great things ... what was your experience?

Thanks! Wow, you've been on Hal with kids too, I haven't heard great things ... what was your experience?

So we have done 4 cruises on Hal with the kids and my in laws. 1 to Alaska and 3 to the Caribbean. They do a great job at Alaska. When we were in glacier bay they brought on two park rangers, one specifically for the kids. Both of my kids love the kids club and our last cruise my ds 13, loved having a bit of freedom.

Those are the pluses.

The minuses were that on each subsequent cruise there was less and less to do, especially in the evening. One night the kids were busy, but dh and I didn’t have anything to do, so we ended up sitting on our veranda. This was about 9:30. We love cruising and are looking forward to the ship and the islands.

We just got off a 9 day abc with our kids yesterday ages 13,10,7 and they had a blast on navigator, we were on harmony last year and the said the never want to go back on the big ships again,the ship was sold out but only felt like it was half full everthing was excellent no complaints at all.

we took 9 day ABC + labadee cruise last year with our then 10 year old and we all loved it so much that we are taking same cruise again this year. She met couple of girls and boys and she hang out with everyday, with some of them she is still in contact via facetime!

The issue as I see it is that we've only been on the big ships with the kids: Oasis, Getaway, Escape and we are going on Symphony of the Seas next. Are the kids going to be disappointed on the Navigator after all of these big ships with all the bells and whistles? ...Thanks!

I may be wrong, but I’m pretty sure Navigator is bigger than Getaway or Escape.

The biggest thing missing on V class Vs O class is the Aqua theater and Central Park. Nav has all the other bells and whistles for kids.