Two things I'll never cruise without!

Sweat pants and a sweatshirt! Who'd think April in Florida it would be so cold?!?! Returning from the Western Caribbean we found ourselves heading into a cold front in Florida. The last sea day was very cold with the wind whipping up. People were in bathrobes and huddling under towels.

I didn't even think about taking warm clothes. Went to buy some in the Fun Shops and they didn't have any pants and the sweats were thin and over $50!

I debarked at 7:45 am and waited for the shuttle for 25 minutes with people from up north wearing sweats while I froze in my shorts and t-shirt.

First thing in my luggage next trip is my sweat pants and sweatshirt!

LOL......You can't be serious.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

As a heart attack. That's why I live in Florida. I like it when I wake up and the temp is 75 and rising. Keeps my pool warm. I won't get in it until water reaches 85. Wearing more than shorts, tank top, and flip flops is not comfortable to me. I absolutely hate wearing long pants.

Froze my ass off in Miami one year when we first started cruising. 34 degrees ,me in shorts and t's :D. I wanted to bring a hoodie and I remember my wife saying we would not need winter clothes in Florida . It was so cold I wrote a song about it ,titled .

Froze my ass off in Miami .

My wife and sometimes grandkids.

HA ! I was going to say my wife and money , but it really would have been only one answer . She's going to get the damn money anyways ;) :D

Completely agree! I live in NY and have come to despise the cold! We visit Florida several times a year. Almost the whole summer which people never understand saying it's too hot! I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

:loudcry::loudcry::loudcry::loudcry:

So was chilly in Florida today. BooHooHoo

It hit 50 F today in the GTA and people were out in shorts and t-shirts. Convertable tops were down and and the BBQ's were fired up.

Wimps.:rolleyes:

;)

If I have room, I'm adding a fleece blanket. I freeze watching the movies on the lido. AND I'm packing a hand band. I spend half of the movie just moving my hair around due to the wind

I thought they had blankets at the towel shack for the dive in movies.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

I would love a 75 degree day. We are struggling to get it above the freezing point. I was going to respond to this thread though and say what I would never sail without would be my husband and zip lock bags. I can't imagine how I could travel without either.

Why sweatpants and a sweatshirt? I understand the need to be warm, but they are so bulky! A pair of twill slacks and a zip up merino wool sweater would be as warm if not more so, and take less packing space than the sweatpants alone. And would look much nicer.

As a Floridian I am enjoying the cool weather. Perfect days and great to sleep with the window open at night. Plus saving a small fortune with the HVAC in the off position. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk