Should carnival offer a "coffee/tea" plan?

geckoaz

I ask about this in 2015. John told me to wait I would be happy in the future.

What did they do. They added everything to the Cheers program. I don't drink but 2 or 3 drinks a cruise so is non drinkers got screwed.

Not happy then John and still not happy today.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife last cruise would purchase 3-4 caramel fraps a day from the coffee shop. The girl behind the counter gave her a frequent filler card. For every 5 coffee specialty drinks she purchased she would get a free one. So ask about those. They dont advertise it but my wife just happened to ask if they had a frequint filler program and the girl handed her a card and each time my wife purchased a frappe they would stamp or punch th card and after 5 stamps or punches you get the 6th free.

All the cruise lines seem to be moving to two package options. Alcohol plus specialty coffees and soda only.

RCCL used to offer 4 or 5 different packages, now they are down to 3 and I expect that drop to two.

In my opinion NCL has this nailed, offer it as "free" with a service charge added to your cruise fare. You can still buy it for $79 per day if you don't want it as a perk, but why pay $1,100 on a 7 day cruise for two when you can get it for $400 service charge.

All the cruise lines need to stop messing around with lower quality of stuff, then upselling to what used to be normal. Raise the fares and go all inclusive, with drink and meal packages it appears that is what most people want. I know, there are folks who don't drink or use up sell restaurants, but you can't make all the people happy all the time.

Dependent upon the itinerary we just barely break even on drink packages. We always get it though, pre-pay our gratuities, etc and walk off the ship owing nothing or a couple bucks for a photo that turned out really nice. We prefer this over the old way of paying for the cruise then settling a $300 - $900 bill on the last day.

This is one area where Celebrity excels. Several different options, not all in cabin needs to purchase. We don't drink alcohol, they have a Premium Non-alcoholic​ package that is perfect for us. Barring the premium lines where all beverages included, they have the best options for people.

Princess has the coffee cards, Soda and more and then the all inclusive beverage package which includes everything. NCL's alcohol program only allows for alcoholic drinks and soda. They don't offer the coffee or water. I think a soda and more package on Carnival would help the people who don't care for alcohol, they could have something that includes soda and coffee and water. I really liked the all inclusive on Princess. I didn't have to think about it every time I wanted a drink or speciality coffee. I more than broke even. I also drink a lot of club soda so that was also included. I will be getting the Cheers program as it works for me.

Candi

Princess has the coffee cards, Soda and more and then the all inclusive beverage package which includes everything. NCL's alcohol program only allows for alcoholic drinks and soda. They don't offer the coffee or water. I think a soda and more package on Carnival would help the people who don't care for alcohol, they could have something that includes soda and coffee and water. I really liked the all inclusive on Princess. I didn't have to think about it every time I wanted a drink or speciality coffee. I more than broke even. I also drink a lot of club soda so that was also included. I will be getting the Cheers program as it works for me.

Candi

We loved the Soda Plus package on Princess. For only $8.50 a day per person is a great deal.

To bad Carnival can't do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We don't drink very much alcohol, so the Cheers pkg would not be benficial to us. I would like something that included specialty coffees, water & soda. I usually carry on my Dr Pepper--if I get to the embarkation city the day before & have transportation. As for the specialty coffee- I pack some powdered cappuccino mix, stir it into some of their coffee, add cream/milk, walla I have a specialty coffee.

But yeah, it'd be nice to have a better pkg for those of us who do not drink a lot.

My wife last cruise would purchase 3-4 caramel fraps a day from the coffee shop. The girl behind the counter gave her a frequent filler card. For every 5 coffee specialty drinks she purchased she would get a free one. So ask about those. They dont advertise it but my wife just happened to ask if they had a frequint filler program and the girl handed her a card and each time my wife purchased a frappe they would stamp or punch th card and after 5 stamps or punches you get the 6th free.

OK , this is a better discount than most of the Cheers type packages. An approx. 20 per cent discount depending on how you look at it. You have what you asked for.

I wish they would put Keurig coffee makers and K-cups in each stateroom, like many hotels are now doing.

They could give you regular and decaf K-cups, then charge a little for the flavored ones.

Doubt it will happen though. :(

There is cheer for booze and other drinks and bubbles for soda drinkers...should carnival have a starbuck type specialty drink plan for coffee snd tea drinkers?

I wouldn't be interested because I only have coffee at breakfast.

I wish there was a bubbles plus program. I just had an AWESOME zero-proof lavender strawberry lemonade from the Alchemy bar. Oh my goodness, the flavor complexity was delicious. I sipped on that for over 30 min, and would have ordered another if I wasn't so tired that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk