WI-FI packages presale just announced this morning

I was wondering the same thing, I was going to purchase and put it in my cart and when got to cart it had it for both of us and could not find a place to change it to just one of us.

If one person purchases the Internet package, do all who are in the cabin have to purchase it. ;p;p
No, it's not like Cheers. You can actually purchase a single plan and use it on different devices as long as you log out of the ones that aren't using it.

I was wondering the same thing, I was going to purchase and put it in my cart and when got to cart it had it for both of us and could not find a place to change it to just one of us.
You don't have to buy it for everyone in the cabin, but if it doesn't let you choose only one person online, you'll probably have to wait until you get on board.

No, it's not like Cheers. You can actually purchase a single plan and use it on different devices as long as you log out of the ones that aren't using it.

You don't have to buy it for everyone in the cabin, but if it doesn't let you choose only one person online, you'll probably have to wait until you get on board.

I just bought it a couple of days ago and it originally had me and my wife buying it , all I did was unclick or X out my wife and I was able to buy it for just myself

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

I'm sure it's explained some where but what are the differences between the plans. I want texting on my phone (maybe to send/receive pictures I have an iPhone) Facebook and snap chat. Maybe emails

You can get that without the emailing on the Social plan. if you have to have email you will have to go up to the value plan.

Just a note on texting. Unless you are planning to connect to the cell service, you will need to find a way to text via wifi. I use an app called Whatsapp (Android) for texts and picture texts.

Can anyone who's been on a cruise recently confirm that iMessage on iPhones works with the Social plan? We were on the Conquest last year and it worked just fine, even though iMessage wasn't mentioned as being part of the Social plan. But now they've reworded its description to say this: Note: Plan does not include in-app calling, Facetime, Snapchat, iMessage or access to any other sites or apps. It's hard to tell if they're just talking about wifi calling & video chat, or if simply texting with iMessage has now been blocked. I wasn't able to send photos via iMessage last year, but was able to text just fine...both people on board and at home (who have iPhones, of course).

Carnival Social Package question. DH and I just need one social package to keep in touch with our business and son. If we both sign into the same Facebook account from each of our devices, this should work, correct? Or would we have to sign into the same account on the HUB app? Is there any reason this wouldn't work? I don't want to pay double if we can just share for the duration of the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Meh.

I do not schlep the laptop with me, and the phone is locked in the safe for the duration of the cruise as soon as we get to the cabin.

Cruising = "Off the grid."

Meh.

I do not schlep the laptop with me, and the phone is locked in the safe for the duration of the cruise as soon as we get to the cabin.

Unfortunately, when you own a small business and leave family at home, some contact is necessary. Everyone's situation is different. You're lucky you can turn it all off.

Unfortunately, when you own a small business and leave family at home, some contact is necessary. Everyone's situation is different. You're lucky you can turn it all off.

I have owned a business during my working life. Simply put, if I can not trust my staff, then I've hired the wrong people.

Meh.

That's cool, different people have different needs or different comfort levels. Just seems like an odd thread for you to jump in and passively aggressively criticize people who do want to use wifi

Carnival Social Package question. DH and I just need one social package to keep in touch with our business and son. If we both sign into the same Facebook account from each of our devices, this should work, correct? Or would we have to sign into the same account on the HUB app? Is there any reason this wouldn't work? I don't want to pay double if we can just share for the duration of the cruise.

You can use different Facebook accounts and different devices if you want. If you're sharing a package you can only be logged into one device at a time...that's the only deal.

That's cool, different people have different needs or different comfort levels. Just seems like an odd thread for you to jump in and passively aggressively criticize people who do want to use wifi

That's just Mr. Tef...... you get used to him. ;)

Agreed. We only purchase it so we can stay in touch with our pet sitter. We have 6 pets at home and if she has questions or issues she can let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Meh.

Then why even click on this thread?

I have owned a business during my working life. Simply put, if I can not trust my staff, then I've hired the wrong people.

When you don't know a person's specific situation, please don't judge others by yours and I won't judge your situation by mine.

I aked a specific questions about the social media package, which as you have said would never apply to you, so there is no need to respond just to be snarky.

To others reading this, please excuse my own snarkiness it is not directed toward you.

The Hub app doesn't have anything to do with basic internet access. In fact, you can use most of the Hub app's features without even purchasing one of the internet plans. Features like deck plans, Fun Times activities & shows, access to your S&S account, etc. If you want to use the chat feature of the Hub app, you have to pay a $5 fee that covers the entire cruise. That chat feature is only for communicating between passengers using the Hub app itself and everyone who wants to use chat has to pay the $5 fee.

As far as the Social plan, more than one person can access the internet with one purchased plan, but everyone else has to be logged off. So in your case, only one of you will be able to log into facebook at a time. If your husband wants to use the same Social plan, you have to log out of the plan first, then he can log in and access his facebook.

The Hub app doesn't have anything to do with basic internet access. In fact, you can use most of the Hub app's features without even purchasing one of the internet plans. Features like deck plans, Fun Times activities & shows, access to your S&S account, etc. If you want to use the chat feature of the Hub app, you have to pay a $5 fee that covers the entire cruise. That chat feature is only for communicating between passengers using the Hub app itself and everyone who wants to use chat has to pay the $5 fee.

As far as the Social plan, more than one person can access the internet with one purchased plan, but everyone else has to be logged off. So in your case, only one of you will be able to log into facebook at a time. If your husband wants to use the same Social plan, you have to log out of the plan first, then he can log in and access his facebook.

Thank you! That is very helpful.

You cannot sign in at the same time but you both can use the single package......one at a time. That goes for any package.

I have gone to the website and clicked on Manage My Booking and do not see an option, anywhere, to purchase the Wi Fi package. I am sailing on the Fascination in October and thought this was to be available online, as of April. Am I looking in the wrong place?