PV Bus Fare

step222

At the moment still 7,50 Pesos per person per ride. However for weeks they are talking of raising prices to Pesos 10,- but that isnot done yet.

• 5 months later...
We were there last week. I just asked the driver how much for two people and was told 16 pesos. I did not try to pay with dollars nor did I see anyone else paying with dollars.

So, the driver either took advantage of you.....or something was lost in the translation (more likely). The fare, as its been for a couple of years, is still 7.5 Pesos per person or 15 for two :). There is a slightly higher fare (8 Pesos) if you are taking the bus south of PV to a place like Mismaloya or Boca de Tomatlan.

Keep in mind that 1 Peso is about 6 cents....so its not all that relevant. Most of the local bus drivers will take $1 US for two persons...if you do not have Pesos. But, that is because they are nice people (we love the Mexicans...which is one reason why we live in PV every winter). . We have expected a bus fare increase because the Mexican government took off fuel price controls last winter. But an increase needs government approval and any kind of increase places a real hardship on the locals who use the bus system on a daily basis...and hence the government is very slow to grant fare increases.

Hank

So, the driver either took advantage of you.....or something was lost in the translation (more likely). The fare, as its been for a couple of years, is still 7.5 Pesos per person or 15 for two :). There is a slightly higher fare (8 Pesos) if you are taking the bus south of PV to a place like Mismaloya or Boca de Tomatlan.

Keep in mind that 1 Peso is about 6 cents....so its not all that relevant. Most of the local bus drivers will take $1 US for two persons...if you do not have Pesos. But, that is because they are nice people (we love the Mexicans...which is one reason why we live in PV every winter). . We have expected a bus fare increase because the Mexican government took off fuel price controls last winter. But an increase needs government approval and any kind of increase places a real hardship on the locals who use the bus system on a daily basis...and hence the government is very slow to grant fare increases.

Hank

My mistake, the bus we took was to Boca de Tomtlan. Your information would explain why he charged us 8 pesos each

Sent from my TA-1025 using Forums mobile app

No problem. So this prompts me to ask a question. Did you go to Boca so you could have lunch at the Ocean Grill? If so, were you pleased? Most are quite happy.

Hank

I went to Boca so we could hike to Playa Las Animas. Had an amazing time walking through the jungle and across some of the beautiful secluded beaches.

I had heard about Ocean Grill and very much wanted to go there, but sadly they were closed. It looks like they close during the rainy season and open back up again in November.