Nassau Snorkeling Tour Questions

Aubreysmom09

My family of 5 is looking for private snorkeling recommendations while we are in Nassau Christmas eve. I have found two different tour companies, one is Blue Hole Water Sports, and the other one is Bay West Adventures. Looking for information on boats that are used, and ease of getting on and off. My mother is coming and she has some back issues so sometimes her mobility is limited. Also would just like a review if you have used them.

Thanks,

Cynthia :cool:

Just got an email from Basil from Blue Hole Water Sports, and they are not operating on Christmas Eve. I'm glad that I talked to Bay west Adventures. If you have any reviews on them I would love to hear about them.

Thanks,

Cynthia

We used BayWest Adventures last November/early December. I would highly recommend them!

There were only 4 of us, but we paid for the private tour. He brought the 18-foot pontoon boat right up to the dock area at the port, so we didn't have to take a taxi anywhere to meet him. You just walk over to Señor Frog's from the cruise terminal (maybe a 5 or 6 minute walk if you take your time). We had my 72-year old mother along (who has scoliosis) and wanted her to be comfortable. The boat has padded chairs, shade, and he even brought snacks & drinks that I had requested through earlier emails.

The local guys with this company are great! Our captain took us to 3 different places to snorkel, all very close to each other, but different scenery at each. One was the reef, another was Goodman's Bay - where it is grassy, so you'll see rays and turtles. The other snorkel spot is around an abandoned "walk-in aquarium". As for the temperature of the water, I'm usually the first one to start shivering, but I was fine in Nov/Dec. It's just so turquoise blue, crystal clear, and beautiful that I would not ever pass up getting in that water any time of the year - even if it was a little chilly.

He'll take you to an island also. I would suggest to stay right on the little secluded beach and enjoy the water instead of having him give you the whole tour of the island. It might be too much walking for your mom. And you don't see a whole lot there - but where he pulls the boat up on the beach is wonderful.

Let me see if I can post a few pictures... or I can tell you where to look for my online review. Back soon.

We used BayWest Adventures last November/early December. I would highly recommend them!

There were only 4 of us, but we paid for the private tour. He brought the 18-foot pontoon boat right up to the dock area at the port, so we didn't have to take a taxi anywhere to meet him. You just walk over to Señor Frog's from the cruise terminal (maybe a 5 or 6 minute walk if you take your time). We had my 72-year old mother along (who has scoliosis) and wanted her to be comfortable. The boat has padded chairs, shade, and he even brought snacks & drinks that I had requested through earlier emails.

The local guys with this company are great! Our captain took us to 3 different places to snorkel, all very close to each other, but different scenery at each. One was the reef, another was Goodman's Bay - where it is grassy, so you'll see rays and turtles. The other snorkel spot is around an abandoned "walk-in aquarium". As for the temperature of the water, I'm usually the first one to start shivering, but I was fine in Nov/Dec. It's just so turquoise blue, crystal clear, and beautiful that I would not ever pass up getting in that water any time of the year - even if it was a little chilly.

He'll take you to an island also. I would suggest to stay right on the little secluded beach and enjoy the water instead of having him give you the whole tour of the island. It might be too much walking for your mom. And you don't see a whole lot there - but where he pulls the boat up on the beach is wonderful.

Let me see if I can post a few pictures... or I can tell you where to look for my online review. Back soon.

We put our deposit down, and we are very excited to try them out. Thanks for the amazing pictures. Now we just have to make it to Christmas eve!!

• 9 months later...