Preparing a preschooler

Rain78

Hi everyone! First time poster here. My family is going on a Royal Caribbean cruise on Allure on 1/7/17. There will be 6 of us total and everyone has cruised before except my 3 yo. I'm looking for a recommendation of books or videos geared toward preschoolers to give her a sense of what to expect with the flight and cruise. Does anyone have any ideas? I know the more I can prepare her beforehand, the better our experience will be.

Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

While you will likely get some answers on this board there is a board on Cruise Critic which is about Family Cruises and that would be a perfect place to post this question as many people who have children including young ones post to it.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=49

Keith

I wanted to add that we took our family on a cruise with us this past June. In addition to the adult children we had three grandchildren on board; two cousins each 1 & 1/2 years years young and one other who was around 5.

We showed them our own photos of cruising when we took their parents on cruises.

If you go to You Tube you can do a search on your ship and likely find a video of it and that would be nice to show the child. Likewise you could find one of an airplane.

Also a children's book that is about airplanes and one on ships would be nice.

Keith

My DS went on his first cruise at 3, but we didn't show him any videos or pictures. We did explain to him what's expected of him on the plane and on the ship in terms of behavior, and he did just fine. Oh, and he loved a bunk bed.

Also check out Travel with Children board on www.babycenter.com for invaluable advice.