San Juan hotels canceling reservations through December

parkslopegal

We're booked on the December 16 cruise on Quest departing from San Juan. We were planning to stay at the Caribe Hilton the night before. They just canceled our reservation. We need to make alternate plans. Azamara needs to seriously consider changing the departure port to Miami. Puerto Rico is not ready for tourists.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got notification today that our Dec 9 WestJet flight from San Juan to Toronto was cancelled . We were lucky our TA was able to get us a booking with American Airlines !! Hoping for no more surprises !!

We're booked on the December 16 cruise on Quest departing from San Juan. We were planning to stay at the Caribe Hilton the night before. They just canceled our reservation. We need to make alternate plans. Azamara needs to seriously consider changing the departure port to Miami. Puerto Rico is not ready for tourists.

Not clear to me why the rest of passengers (many hundreds, I'll bet) who have flights into San Juan or are arriving on the Royal Caribbean or Windstar ship on the 16th should have to change travel plans because your hotel canceled your reservation. Why don't you just find another hotel? Or stay in Miami and fly to San Juan on the 16th?

Not clear to me why the rest of passengers (many hundreds, I'll bet) who have flights into San Juan or are arriving on the Royal Caribbean or Windstar ship on the 16th should have to change travel plans because your hotel canceled your reservation. Why don't you just find another hotel? Or stay in Miami and fly to San Juan on the 16th?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got notification today that our Dec 9 WestJet flight from San Juan to Toronto was cancelled . We were lucky our TA was able to get us a booking with American Airlines !! Hoping for no more surprises !!

We were notified yesterday that our WestJet flight on Dec 15th was cancelled. Looking at other flights but cost is $2,000 more than what we paid. Did WestJet help you out in any way?

We were notified yesterday that our WestJet flight on Dec 15th was cancelled. Looking at other flights but cost is $2,000 more than what we paid. Did WestJet help you out in any way?

WestJet did nothing !! When I asked what they could do for us the only response was they would refund our fares !! Finding replacement flights up to us !! So glad we had TA who sourced out anew flight ( AA to Charlotte then to TO) Although not a direct flight it is better than no flight and price actually was $300 cdn less. If you used a TA have her do the leg work for you. Good luck .

Sharon

Thank you for all your replies. I'm really disappointed that WestJet won't do anything to help their clients get to their destination. Our TA did find flights for us with AA but they are about $2,000 more than what we paid. Will look into the Fort Lauderdale option with Jet Blue to San Juan.

There are definitely hotels that will be available. We are arriving in SJ a month before that (11/19) on a TA on RCCL and have 2 reservations confirmed--our original one in OSJ and a backup in Condado.

Hi, we are also flying into San Juan November 18th, cruising the 19th. where are you staying? Thanks!

Thank you for all your replies. I'm really disappointed that WestJet won't do anything to help their clients get to their destination. Our TA did find flights for us with AA but they are about $2,000 more than what we paid. Will look into the Fort Lauderdale option with Jet Blue to San Juan.

UPDATE

Found a WestJet representative willing to help. Still going to cost me around $500 extra to get to San Juan but at least we will make our cruise. We are flying WestJet to Miami and then AA from Miami to San Juan.

UPDATE

Found a WestJet representative willing to help. Still going to cost me around $500 extra to get to San Juan but at least we will make our cruise. We are flying WestJet to Miami and then AA from Miami to San Juan.

So glad you lucked out getting assisstance from WestJet on getting a flight to SJ. Our problem was we were heading from SJ to TO and they were of no assistance what so ever !! I have since contacted westjet regarding this issue but so far no contact back! Makes us think twice about using WestJet again .

So glad you lucked out getting assisstance from WestJet on getting a flight to SJ. Our problem was we were heading from SJ to TO and they were of no assistance what so ever !! I have since contacted westjet regarding this issue but so far no contact back! Makes us think twice about using WestJet again .

Sorry should clarify. WestJet got us to Miami. I booked our flights from Miami to San Juan with American Airlines.

We were arriving Nov 30 for 3 nights prior to our cruise (booked our flights months ago). My main hotel reservation AND my backup have both been cancelled. Holiday Inn Express cancelled but did not contact us. I just happened to go online and saw it. Then today AC Hotel by Marriott called me- said they are cancelling all reservations through end of year. I suggest if you get a call from a 787 area code- answer it. Even if you don't get calls- either check online to see if still valid and/or call the hotel directly. Still deciding what to do.