Comfort Inn for Atlantis Tickets

iamchrisstone

So, from what I understand, if you book a room at Comfort Inn, you get the Atlantis tickets for free. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it the full day pass? Also, any other hotel options? Is it walking distance? Any details on this would be GREAT!

We are sailing on the Sunshine Dec 17-23

Yes...when you book there, the waterpark is included. It is NOT walking distance. A cab is needed.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn and it is literally kiddy corner to the resort. You most certainly can walk right across the street to it. We went and stayed there for 3 days (not part of a cruise). From the ship to the Comfort Inn requires a taxi.

It is an all day pass, but you can not check into the hotel until 3pm-4pm (if I remember correctly), and then you have to walk over to the resort and get your "wrist band" to use in the park.

So, if you are only in port for a few hours on a cruise, you can't check in early enough to the hotel to make it work. We have thought of doing this ourselves, but wouldn't work.

Also, the fee for the hotel for one night, plus the "extra fees" that get added in, you can pretty much just buy an excursion to Atlantis off the ship for the same price.

Also, I did check myself a while back and they did offer day passes at the resort, but they were first come and limited, so they may or may not be available. And they may not still do this, not sure.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn and it is literally kiddy corner to the resort. You most certainly can walk right across the street to it. We went and stayed there for 3 days (not part of a cruise). From the ship to the Comfort Inn requires a taxi.

Yep, the Comfort Suites is right down the small hill in front of Atlantis Coral Tower, which is where taxis and tour groups go to.

It is an all day pass, but you can not check into the hotel until 3pm-4pm (if I remember correctly), and then you have to walk over to the resort and get your "wrist band" to use in the park.

So, if you are only in port for a few hours on a cruise, you can't check in early enough to the hotel to make it work. We have thought of doing this ourselves, but wouldn't work.

I don't think this is correct. Numerous people have reported here on CruiseCritic that they have arrived at the hotel early, gotten their pink cards for Atlantis and walked over without any problems. When I was staying at the Comfort Suites I saw people from cruises checking in and checking out as early as 10 am. The hotel is fully aware of their "cruise visitor" clientele.

Also, the fee for the hotel for one night, plus the "extra fees" that get added in, you can pretty much just buy an excursion to Atlantis off the ship for the same price.

This is highly dependent on seasonal pricing. In-season ship excursions have run as high as $229/pp, and the room booking includes up to two guests, so the math definitely worked out.

Also, I did check myself a while back and they did offer day passes at the resort, but they were first come and limited, so they may or may not be available. And they may not still do this, not sure.

There are some other resellers online, such as bahamasdaypass.com.

• 2 weeks later...

I did this last year. It was great. It was way cheaper for us to book one room that included 4 wristbands to Atlantis than it was to book 4 of us on the ship's excursion to Atlantis.

The ship docked at Nassau and we were probably off by 9am. We got a taxi and took a 10 minute ride to Comfort Inn. Everyone on the ship doing Atlantis thru the ship excursion was boarding a big bus......the arrived probably 45 minutes after us!

We checked into the Comfort Inn - now probably 9:15am. I told them we wouldn't even need the room at all, we were going straight to Atlantis and back to our ship. She handed me Atlantis vouchers and we walked across the parking lot to Atlantis. It's literally across a parking lot, not far at all. The walk was less than 5 minutes from one hotel to the next.

Then we get to Atlantis with our voucher, we head to a desk where we turned the voucher in for 4 wrist bands. You can get only 4 wristbands for each room booked thru Comfort Inn. Like I said, we were there, already down the water slides and enjoying our day and 45 minutes later in comes the bus load of people from our cruise ship.

The Comfort Inn passes are the way to go!

The other thing is, if you are going to get in very early, you may be able to book the night BEFORE, just let them know you will not check in until the morning.

Why book the night before when you chance being a no show when booking the day of guarantees passes first thing in the morning?

Why would you be a no show?

If you supply a credit card, the room is yours until check out time. You can check in, the morning after the night booked. I have done this a number of times at hotels around the world.

Why would you be a no show?

If you supply a credit card, the room is yours until check out time. You can check in, the morning after the night booked. I have done this a number of times at hotels around the world.

Fair enough, but there is 100% chance of getting the passes if you check in that day, I’ve never heard of anyone booking the night before.

We did this 10 years ago when Comfort Inn was only about $125 a night for 4 people. What a deal that was! We are going there again in January with our kids and considering it again. It will be $300 plus, but still not a bad excursion price when you divide by 4. (Just a heads up - when you book the hotel, be aware that there is about $100 worth of fees tacked onto the final price.)

When we went before, the ship was in port from 1 pm to midnight. So we went to the hotel, got our passes and set off down the sidewalk to Atlantis. We found the front desk - this place is huge - and they directed us outside to a towel hut to swap our passes for wristbands. Not sure if that's where they still do it. The walk from the hotel to the Aquaventure part is a considerable hike. If you have little kids, I would take a stroller.

Food there is expensive, but we found a hamburger deal that we all shared. No one was full, but we were ok until we got back on the ship.

After we spent the day there, we went back to our hotel room where we showered, changed, did some laundry (cheaper than the ship), watched some TV, and took a cab back to the ship. It was a great day! I will have to think through doing it and getting back to the ship by 5pm though, for our next cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I did this last year. It was great. It was way cheaper for us to book one room that included 4 wristbands to Atlantis than it was to book 4 of us on the ship's excursion to Atlantis.

The ship docked at Nassau and we were probably off by 9am. We got a taxi and took a 10 minute ride to Comfort Inn. Everyone on the ship doing Atlantis thru the ship excursion was boarding a big bus......the arrived probably 45 minutes after us!

We checked into the Comfort Inn - now probably 9:15am. I told them we wouldn't even need the room at all, we were going straight to Atlantis and back to our ship. She handed me Atlantis vouchers and we walked across the parking lot to Atlantis. It's literally across a parking lot, not far at all. The walk was less than 5 minutes from one hotel to the next.

Then we get to Atlantis with our voucher, we head to a desk where we turned the voucher in for 4 wrist bands. You can get only 4 wristbands for each room booked thru Comfort Inn. Like I said, we were there, already down the water slides and enjoying our day and 45 minutes later in comes the bus load of people from our cruise ship.

The Comfort Inn passes are the way to go!

That is great to hear. I booked a room at the Comfort Inn for the upcoming Easter Break in April 2018. There are no day passes available from our ship or through Atlantis so this was the only option to get to Atlantis Aquadventure. The cost was approximately the same through the ship, I just wasn't fast enough to book through the ship since I didn't think we needed to reserve so soon. It must be because it is the week of Easter. Nice to hear we may beat the crowd too.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

We are going in July 2018 and we have a family of 5. Do we book the room for the 4 wristbands and then purchase the 5th through bahamasdaypass.com? If I bought all of them through bahamasdaypass.com the total would be $850 (OUCH!). The room at Comfort Suits for 4 is $418.52 including taxes and fees and then $170 for the one from the other site. We still have about $250. Had anyone done this before?

Hello!

We are going in July 2018 and we have a family of 5. Do we book the room for the 4 wristbands and then purchase the 5th through bahamasdaypass.com? If I bought all of them through bahamasdaypass.com the total would be $850 (OUCH!). The room at Comfort Suits for 4 is $418.52 including taxes and fees and then $170 for the one from the other site. We still have about $250. Had anyone done this before?

Sorry I can't help you but will know how the purchase goes through CS in a few months.

I hope somebody can help with this.

We will be in Nassau for 1 day on our upcoming cruise.

If we were to book a room for 2 people at the comfortSuites, is there any chance we can get 4 wristbands?

We will not actually use the room, just a 1 min check incheck out, just to get the bands.

Thanks

I hope somebody can help with this.

We will be in Nassau for 1 day on our upcoming cruise.

If we were to book a room for 2 people at the comfortSuites, is there any chance we can get 4 wristbands?

We will not actually use the room, just a 1 min check incheck out, just to get the bands.

Thanks

I don't think so but not 100% certain. I know they charged us extra for the 4 people in the room most likely due to the costs they incurred for the extra 2 bands. We booked it for this April and plan to do the same simultaneous check-in/check-out process.

Only registered guest will get wrist bands/ If you pay for 2 ppl, you will get 2 wristbands, if you pay for 4 ppl, you'll get 4 wristbands. ALL guest must appear together both at the Comfort Suites registration desk, AND at Atlantis for wristbands. Theres no way around it.

I was checking out their room rates for April and there was no price difference. There's 6 of us. 4 in one group and 2 in another. I tried one room with 1 adult 1 child and that rate was the same as 3 adults 1 child.

The difference in pricing amounts to taxes, extra surcharges depending upon the child's age. I just did a mock booking for a Friday in April as that is when most ships are in Nassau. The prices varied depended upon if you have four adults, three adults and one child or one adult and one child.

Hotel Alerts

Must have one adult 21 years or older in each room. Guests 12 years and older are subject to an additional 17.15 USD energy surcharge and a 5.00 USD housekeeping gratuity per person. per night. Groups occupying 5 or more rooms require a 2-night minimum stay. For groups please call 1 855 603 1105. Persons 16 and older are charged as adults. There is an extra-person charge of 40.00 USD for each guest after two per room. Choice gift cards are not accepted at this location

Something else to mention if you are going before March 15, Comfort Inn is having a special where kids under 12 are free. This is from the hotel's web site under specials.

Kids Stay, Play and Eat FREE

Atlantis-Paradise-Island-Vacation-3.jpgEffective through

March 15, 2018.

This value added offer will be available for new bookings only, in all rate categories. Offer valid for children under 12 years of age.

STAY - Free in room with parents, maximum 2 children per room.

PLAY - Access to Atlantis facilities including Aquaventure.

EAT - Complimentary Full Hot American Buffet Breakfast daily for everyone at Crusoe's. Complimentary Lunch and Dinner for kids with a paying adult at Crusoe's.

Restrictions:

• One child dines free per paying adult
  • Children must be under 12 years of age
  • Meal coupons have no cash value and are not transferable
  • Gratuities not included
  • List of participating restaurants available at time of check-in