All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

I responded on the separate thread that OntarioCruiser started.

We had booked for April 15th home from San Juan. They have cancelled all Sunday flights for the whole season. Saturday flights are still operating. Probs didn’t feel they could fill 2 flights each weekend.

We are staying a week at a condo after our Jewel cruise so could cut our vacation by a day and take their Saturday flight.

We did get some compensation.

Air Transat now flies in and out of SJ on Sundays

We are fresh off of the Jewel this past Monday.

As a side note, this was one of our best cruises ever. The Jewel is a fantastic ship. The food in the Windjammer seemed to be better than any other Royal cruise in the last several years.

Great to hear. What was your itinerary? In October of 2018 we will be doing the 12 night Med cruise. This will be our first trip into Europe and I was hoping for some port information.

There is a different Indian menu offered every day in MDR alongside the usual menu. It is about the size of the desert menu.

094ccd5d689a48f6eb5e67b1e862ee38.jpg

b796ba2434ff9da5e4906af417c41bf5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes me so sad. I love Indian food. I guess maybe I'm spoiled to the place a few blocks from me in Brooklyn that has gluten-free food, but they have always indicated it's not a problem or issue (or they don't have to do anything special) to make most of it that way, it is that way. But looking at this, even the rice isn't. :(

Still San Juan as far as we know.

I just got off the Jewel this past Monday. Greek Isle cruise - it was fantastic! And the Jewel was great. I loved that ship. Perfect size, and if this makes any sense .... it really sailed nicely. None of that rumbling and vibrating you sometimes get. One of the bartenders said The Jewel was doing one more Greek Isle cruise this week, western med next week, than off to San Juan. I can't believe we just got off and flew home this past Monday. Already seems a long time ago :(

I just got off the Jewel this past Monday. Greek Isle cruise - it was fantastic! And the Jewel was great. I loved that ship. Perfect size, and if this makes any sense .... it really sailed nicely. None of that rumbling and vibrating you sometimes get. One of the bartenders said The Jewel was doing one more Greek Isle cruise this week, western med next week, than off to San Juan. I can't believe we just got off and flew home this past Monday. Already seems a long time ago :(

Very good to hear, the TA folks are itching to get onboard.:)

Hi everyone! We just booked a Greek Isles cruise on the Jewel of the Seas! We are excited about trying this class of ship, since we usually try the bigger ships, and truly appreciate all your posts!

I have a few questions/concerns that you all might be able to help me out with..

1) I booked a stateroom on the 4th deck and was wondering how the noise level is considering there are shops and walkways above and we are only a couple of rooms away from the lobby.

2) Are there any complimentary dining options open late into the night, like Sorrento's Pizzeria on the Oasis and Freedom class?

Thank you in advance!

... Are there any complimentary dining options open late into the night, like Sorrento's Pizzeria on the Oasis and Freedom class? ...

There are snacks and pizza slices in the Solarium late, but not 24 hours.

I will be going on my 7th cruise, 2nd on a RCC, on the March 3rd sailing out of Puerto Rico on the Jewel of the Seas. I have a couple of questions.

1 - Are people feeling confident about the Port being up and running?

2 - The ports of call are.....St. Croix (hopeful), St. Maarten (hopeful), Dominica (not hopeful), Barbados (no problem) and Grenada ( no problem). Any thoughts on these ports of call in terms of excursions or beaches? I understand that the Boatyard in Barbados is good and I know that the beach is close by the port in St. Maarten...other ideas?

... Are people feeling confident about the Port being up and running? ...

Royal has already embarked three cruises in San Juan since the storm, the port is up and running.

Also, welcome to Cruise Critic.

Royal has already embarked three cruises in San Juan since the storm, the port is up and running.

Also, welcome to Cruise Critic.

Bob, do you know how the future of Dominica is looking and if ships will be porting there? If not, do you know what it is being replaced with? Thanks for any info you have!

Bob, do you know how the future of Dominica is looking and if ships will be porting there? If not, do you know what it is being replaced with? Thanks for any info you have!

Sorry, I've not kept up on the state of itinerary changes.

This article was keeping track of the various islands, but it does not look like it's been updated in a while:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2017/09/21/your-caribbean-cruise-destination-still-open-port-by-port-look-after-irma-maria/685467001/