Diamond drink ideas for a lightweight

We are getting ready for our first cruise as Diamond members. I have done my research and have the list of our three free drinks. I am not a big drinker, beyond a margarita or a mojito, so I'm hoping someone can suggest some ideas of drinks I can order from the Diamond menu. I'm assuming we can get more than just shots of the liquor listed on the menu, right? And, will our 11 year old daughter be able to get a kiddie cocktail of some sort? Do kids get the three drinks as well? Thanks, everyone!:)

We are getting ready for our first cruise as Diamond members. I have done my research and have the list of our three free drinks. I am not a big drinker, beyond a margarita or a mojito, so I'm hoping someone can suggest some ideas of drinks I can order from the Diamond menu. I'm assuming we can get more than just shots of the liquor listed on the menu, right? And, will our 11 year old daughter be able to get a kiddie cocktail of some sort? Do kids get the three drinks as well? Thanks, everyone!:)

This morning's thread on the subject: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2556069

Kids do not get the 3 drink vouchers, but they can have non-alcoholic drinks in the lounge.

My son gets a Shirley temple or Roy Rodgers. 7up with grenadine or Coke with grenadine. He has also gotten fruit punch.

You might like a Madras (vodka, orange and cranberry juice) or goldeneye (rum, orange and pineapple juice). I usually tell them Madras with a double shot of vodka.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don't get it, can't you just drink less than 3 (of your favorite drink, e.g. mojito or margarita) if 3 is too much for a "lightweight"?

Some people are just fixated on getting all that's coming to them. OP can use one of their vouchers to get their child a soda in a bar.

Get a Cosmo, they make some pretty good Martinis. Be sure to leave a little tip and your kids will have no problem getting anything they want.. The drinks are unlimited in the lounge, the three drinks loaded onto your seapass card and are good at any bar.. I have always been able to get Makers and coke from the Pub, happy cruising

I have heard that Chocolate Martinis are a big thing in the lounge.

Yes they are on some ships. It's just Bailey's and vodka, but in a martini glass decorated with chocolate syrup. I just get a Bailey's on the rocks.

Some people are just fixated on getting all that's coming to them. OP can use one of their vouchers to get their child a soda in a bar.

Actually my question was seeking advice because I'm not an experienced drinker, beyond margaritas and mojitos, and I'm looking forward to branching out. But thanks for the insult... If you don't have anything nice to say, perhaps you shouldn't say anything. No one comes to these boards to be insulted. Many thanks to those kind posters above who have answered my question wonderfully.

I don't get it, can't you just drink less than 3 (of your favorite drink, e.g. mojito or margarita) if 3 is too much for a "lightweight"?

Believe me, I can drink the three! I'm a whole lot of fun, at that point! Lol. One will actually probably suit me just fine, but I was just curious as to what to order, since I didn't think I could get my usual drinks in the Diamond Lounge. I'm looking forward to trying the suggestions I've gotten. Thanks, everyone!

Do they have plain cranberry juice or non-alcoholic fruit punch for those of us who do not drink alcohol? Also, specifically for the Anthem is the DL open while in port or in a tender port?

Thanks!

MARAPRINCE

They have cranberry juice as a mixer, they would probably let you have a glass.

The DL is available via your key card 24 hours. DL cocktail period is every night, while in port or not.

Actually my question was seeking advice because I'm not an experienced drinker, beyond margaritas and mojitos, and I'm looking forward to branching out. But thanks for the insult... If you don't have anything nice to say, perhaps you shouldn't say anything. No one comes to these boards to be insulted. Many thanks to those kind posters above who have answered my question wonderfully.

I’m glad you asked those questions. My DH & I aren’t big drinkers either. We also are not soda drinkers. The appropriate responses are helpful. It’s good to know there are drinks available to try, other than wine.

Do they have plain cranberry juice or non-alcoholic fruit punch for those of us who do not drink alcohol? Also, specifically for the Anthem is the DL open while in port or in a tender port?

Thanks!

MARAPRINCE

Yes to cranberry and fruit punch.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

need some clarity, I thought the diamond lounge offered unlimited drinks for a few hours each evening?

where does the 3 drink come in?

The 3 drink vouchers are in addition to unlimited drinks in the lounge. The vouchers can be used at any bar.