white sands & clear waters Beach clubs/beach breaks in Nassau?

AzCruis3r

Hi everyone! We are looking for a beach club or beach break Excursion where the beaches are White Sands and the waters are turquoise and clear. We are also looking for food/drink included and a relaxed environment (hammocks, umbrellas, lounges). Does anyone have any recommendations? Is Coco Cay a good option or is it too far from Nassau? any thoughts on Blue Lagoon? Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Coco Cay is RCL private island. The AI include Breezes, RIU, Sandals (adult only), plus I think there are a couple of others.
Really we are looking for the clear waters. Do those hotels have them? If not do you know where to go?

Really we are looking for the clear waters. Do those hotels have them? If not do you know where to go?

They all have clear water. At RIU, I was swimming in water to deep to stand. I forgot my sunglasses were on my head. My DH found them after I noticed, 15 minutes later, on the sand at the bottom. Ds14 swam down and grabbed them for me. Lots of black and white fist sized fish swimming around.

Everything has clear waters and white sand. I'm not sure of any that include all drinks. Good luck with that. If you find one, you'll end up paying for it anyways.

You asked about Blue Lagoon. I've been twice and quite like it. If it's clear, calm water and white sand you are looking for on a little island - you will like Blue Lagoon a lot. They have a bar you can buy drinks at and lunch is included free.

Another option is a day pass at the Melia. But you will be paying for food/drinks. When you consider it's $40 less than Blue Lagoon, you can factor in a few drinks and food for the money saved. Melia also includes snorkel equipment usage, towel service, pools, lounge chairs, etc.

Next time we sail into Nassau, we'll probably go to Melia on a day pass or just get a room at Baha Mar for the day.

Everything has clear waters and white sand. I'm not sure of any that include all drinks. Good luck with that. If you find one, you'll end up paying for it anyways.

You asked about Blue Lagoon. I've been twice and quite like it. If it's clear, calm water and white sand you are looking for on a little island - you will like Blue Lagoon a lot. They have a bar you can buy drinks at and lunch is included free.

Another option is a day pass at the Melia. But you will be paying for food/drinks. When you consider it's $40 less than Blue Lagoon, you can factor in a few drinks and food for the money saved. Melia also includes snorkel equipment usage, towel service, pools, lounge chairs, etc.

Next time we sail into Nassau, we'll probably go to Melia on a day pass or just get a room at Baha Mar for the day.

Thank you! I'll take your advice as we are novice travelers.

They all have clear water. At RIU, I was swimming in water to deep to stand. I forgot my sunglasses were on my head. My DH found them after I noticed, 15 minutes later, on the sand at the bottom. Ds14 swam down and grabbed them for me. Lots of black and white fist sized fish swimming around.
Thank you!"

Thank you! I'll take your advice as we are novice travelers.

Cool. If you decide on the Melia... you'll just grab a taxi at the port (easily) and it'll take you over. Short ride. We did Blue Lagoon a couple weeks ago and liked it as usual, but I think we'd prefer avoiding the excursion lines, waiting, and all that nonsense and just grabbing a cab on our own time. Plus Melia has better facilities, pools, towel service, etc. If you do go to the Melia, go out the front door and right there at the front of the parking lot.... there is a Daq Shaq where many locals/hotel staff hang out after work. They make the absolute best daiquiris you'll ever have - all with fresh fruit. It'll ruin the typical bar "mixes" for you, forever.

Cool. If you decide on the Melia... you'll just grab a taxi at the port (easily) and it'll take you over. Short ride. We did Blue Lagoon a couple weeks ago and liked it as usual, but I think we'd prefer avoiding the excursion lines, waiting, and all that nonsense and just grabbing a cab on our own time. Plus Melia has better facilities, pools, towel service, etc. If you do go to the Melia, go out the front door and right there at the front of the parking lot.... there is a Daq Shaq where many locals/hotel staff hang out after work. They make the absolute best daiquiris you'll ever have - all with fresh fruit. It'll ruin the typical bar "mixes" for you, forever.
What great tips! We love little local places like that and we'll definitely check it out.

What great tips! We love little local places like that and we'll definitely check it out.

I think we are going to go to the Melia. I noticed that they don't list day pass prices on their website, so we'll just jump in a cab and head there. Thanks for the suggestion.

How do you purchase a day pass for Melia?

Someone also mentioned getting a day room at Bahia Mar? How would you go about doing this? Cost?

For the Melia you can book directly with the hotel or google "Melia day pass" and check out excursion websites (always check their reviews, though). I do not know about the other hotel.

We have been to Melia two times, both when they were the Sheritan-great beach with man made reef for snorkeling-but what I really loved were their pools-three huge pools, one with no steps to get in, just walk in like it's the beach. Two of the pools have waterfalls, and the third pool has a swim up bar. There is also a huge hot tub, and the landscaping is great.

We took the bus there, Jitney # 10, and only once did we take a cab back- (DH fell and twisted his ankle) we thought the cab would be the better idea. it was.

Hi everyone! We are looking for a beach club or beach break Excursion where the beaches are White Sands and the waters are turquoise and clear. We are also looking for food/drink included and a relaxed environment (hammocks, umbrellas, lounges). Does anyone have any recommendations? Is Coco Cay a good option or is it too far from Nassau? any thoughts on Blue Lagoon? Thanks for the help!

I went to the blue lagoon years ago and loved it so I'm booking again. Also it's kinda expensive but I also booked a day pass at the British colonial

http://www.resortforaday.com/British-Colonial-Hilton-Day-pass-p/nsnabcha.htm

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app