Fort Lauderdale port to airport

Slyfox16

What is the cost of a cab from the Fort Lauderdale port to the airport?

Be careful and ask for an estimate before you get in the taxi. If they quote a per person rate, it's not a real taxi. We've seen this happen at Port Everglades a few times.

Be careful and ask for an estimate before you get in the taxi. If they quote a per person rate, it's not a real taxi. We've seen this happen at Port Everglades a few times.

Agreed, be careful. Be sure the driver turns the meter on, and it costs no more if you take a van.

Under $20 with tip to FLL

Also agreed. Our most recent metered trips were $14.00 and $12.50, plus tip.

What you want to reaffirm with the driver is that it is metered and the total is for the taxi not per person.

So in 2016 someone wanted to charge us a fixed fare. I said, no. It is metered.

Ironically in Miami someone wanted to go by the meter to get to Miami Airport. He even put the meter one. About half way there I said you do know we have a flat rate and he nodded and cleared the meter.

Always know how things work.

One more tip. Tell the driver when you get in the car that you are very familiar with the direct route to the airport.

But if it was me, go with Uber.

Keith

But if it was me, go with Uber.

Keith

There have been several reports in local media of Uber drivers refusing short trips to or from FLL airport. If requesting a driver either at FLL or a nearby hotel or business the driver will call you first to ask the destination and cancel the request if they feel the trip is too short to be worth their while.

There have been several reports in local media of Uber drivers refusing short trips to or from FLL airport. If requesting a driver either at FLL or a nearby hotel or business the driver will call you first to ask the destination and cancel the request if they feel the trip is too short to be worth their while.

I'd stick with the taxi.

I used Lyft in August, from Hyatt Place hotel to PE, which was around $7 for two passengers and it was a ten minute ride. Also used Lyft from PE to FLL, two passengers, $10, also a ten minute ride. No issues whatsoever, only had to wait less than five minutes each way for a driver. There were plenty of cruise passengers taking Uber/Lyft and it didn't appear to me that anyone was having a problem getting a driver. Did not hear of anyone's driver cancelling them.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I would certainly try them or Lyft first and use Taxi as backup.

Your comment is interesting.

I had not problems with Uber from a hotel in Miami to the port (just as short) and my friends just took Uber from the Port Everglages cruise ship terminal over to the airpot last weekend.

Keith

I used Lyft in August, from Hyatt Place hotel to PE, which was around $7 for two passengers and it was a ten minute ride. Also used Lyft from PE to FLL, two passengers, $10, also a ten minute ride. No issues whatsoever, only had to wait less than five minutes each way for a driver. There were plenty of cruise passengers taking Uber/Lyft and it didn't appear to me that anyone was having a problem getting a driver. Did not hear of anyone's driver cancelling them.

Sounds like a good deal, thanks for the info.

Used Lyft plus from Fll to hotel on Seabreeze last month was around $12.00. Used Luft plus to the port and was around $18. Uber Xl back to the airport was $20.00. We need the larger vehicles due to luggage.

Zero issues with either Uber or Lyft in Ft. Lauderdale.

Had taxi problem in Dec from Hyatt Place to PE. Never showed up, even after hotel called twice! Ended up taking the hotel shuttle. I suspect they wanted to avoid the short haul, but bad for them as I tip well on these short hauls.

Had taxi problem in Dec from Hyatt Place to PE. Never showed up, even after hotel called twice! Ended up taking the hotel shuttle. I suspect they wanted to avoid the short haul, but bad for them as I tip well on these short hauls.

This is a frequent complaint in Fort Lauderdale but in my experience the problem is with the hotels not the taxis. Hotels get a kickback from the shuttles so sometimes they may not even call the taxi to force you into the shuttle. I always call the taxi myself.