Captain Bob Cass fundraiser for the Grand Case Restaurant used in his tours

rjm11

Hopefully it's OK to post this here.... I got this email from Captain Bob Cass- he is trying to help his friend who owns the restaurant on Grand Case where Soualiga Tours has lunch. He lost the restaurant and his home. This is the email message and link to donate if you wish:

To all my valued friends and clients,

I can not thank you enough for your concerns and emails about our safety during Hurricane Irma and St.Martin.

As you have seen in the news, Irma made a direct hit in St.Martin on Sept 5-6. It totally devastated the island. We were lucky and only lost 3 of our 11 boats and everyone is safe.

Although my business (Capt. Bob / Soualiga Destinations) was mostly spared in Hurricane Irma, others were not as fortunate. The restaurant where we serve lunch was wiped out. I am trying to raise money for Enold and his staff to help rebuild and to support themselves while out of work during the rebuild as well as other friends and associates that have been severely impacted by the storm. Some of them also lost their homes and everything. They have been surviving with no water, food or electricity for over 2 weeks. Limited aid from the government has kept them going since the storm but is not enough to survive.

Please contribute what you can and no donation is too small.

If you have been on my tour, you know what a great experience it was to eat at Enold's on the beach in Grand Case and we hope that your generosity will help them to be able to offer a great experience again.

Here is the link to our Go Fund Me campaign

https://www.********.com/st-martin-recovery-and-rebuilding

I understand that small business insurance do not cover inventories and there are hundred of people without a roof over their head. There's even a shortage of tarp.. Maybe you can direct us also to the local Donation Centre or official help centre. I know the french Gov. is trying to assess the damage and proper response to small business owner, who are facing hundred of Euros in damages.

Reading some news about financial help for business (insured or not) and salary compensation for employees and business owner. However, at this early stade, nobody seen the color of money. But it is coming. Good luck and au plaisir de faire affaire avec vous en 2018.

https://www.stmartinweek.fr/2017/09/17/cellule-economique-mise-place-a-ccism/16284

https://www.facebook.com/Collectivit%C3%A9-de-Saint-Martin-Our-News-272078260881/

Capt. Bob here. The posted link didn't work for me either.

Seems this isn't working here on Cruise Critic.

go to: Go Fund Me

Then /st-martin-recovery-and-rebuilding

Cruise critic is blocking Go Fund Me for some reason.

Or send me an email to bcass1@aol.com and I can send the link directly

Edited by Soualiga SXM

• 2 weeks later...

I feel so sorry that the Grand Case restaurant was destroy. We had tour with Capt Bob in March 2013. We really enjoy the trip with them and love the food they serve. Normally my husband does not like fish. But he still remember how tasty the BBQ Maui they served. We booked the tour with Capt Bob this coming Christmas. Unfortunately, our flight was cancelled by airline due to airport damaged by Horricane, Therefore, we were forced to cancel our cruise and tour with Capt Bob.

We are looking for going back have tour with Capt Bob again.