Photo?

GranysT

On Harmony last week we wanted one 5 x 7 size complimentary D+ photo and were told it had to be an 8x10. We couldn't understand the reasoning and finally he relented and said he would make an exception and let us have the small one. Truly odd.

On Allure this week they don't care which size.

On Harmony last week we wanted one 5 x 7 size complimentary D+ photo and were told it had to be an 8x10. We couldn't understand the reasoning and finally he relented and said he would make an exception and let us have the small one. Truly odd.

On Allure this week they don't care which size.

That is very interesting! I thought for sure that it was for any size up to 8x10. So, I looked up what it said on my Oasis review... sure enough, it said “8x10”.

I guess Harmony followed the rule strictly :)

2a54bb31b60631bd12255f368e340633.jpg

• 6 months later...

Just off of Empress and Enchantment.

They still use the old method of printing out pictures and displaying them for you to pick out. Some were 8 X 10 and some were smaller. They gave us our free pics in whatever size they were printed in.

I hope someone can answer this question - on the newer ships, they don't print out the pictures first. You instead see them on a video screen after swiping your Seapass card.

The wording for the benefit says, "...from your existing printed photograph selection."

So on the ships were they don't print them out first, you still get to choose from the video screen and they print it out?

Thanks.

Also, a few times we’ve seen wording something like “you must be in the photograph”.

A few upper tier friends used to tell me that they gave their free photo offer to random couples or families deciding on photos. I guess that statement prevents that from happening. I guess it also keeps someone from using it for other family or friends

M

Also, a few times we’ve seen wording something like “you must be in the photograph”.

A few upper tier friends used to tell me that they gave their free photo offer to random couples or families deciding on photos. I guess that statement prevents that from happening. I guess it also keeps someone from using it for other family or friends

M

Indeed that is right. Was behind someone in line a few months ago, when the staff in the photo department told a Diamond pax that they had to be in the photo themselves to use the free perk.

Just off of Empress and Enchantment.

They still use the old method of printing out pictures and displaying them for you to pick out. Some were 8 X 10 and some were smaller. They gave us our free pics in whatever size they were printed in.

I hope someone can answer this question - on the newer ships, they don't print out the pictures first. You instead see them on a video screen after swiping your Seapass card.

The wording for the benefit says, "...from your existing printed photograph selection."

So on the ships where they don't print them out first, you still get to choose from the video screen and they print it out?

Thanks.

Yes, you order it on the screen, and it gives you the option to apply your free coupon. It then tells you when to return and pick up your printed photo. :)

Indeed that is right. Was behind someone in line a few months ago, when the staff in the photo department told a Diamond pax that they had to be in the photo themselves to use the free perk.

I have seen this happen as well.

Once, I said to the gentleman, "I don't want a picture of me. I want a picture of my tablemates." And he let me have the picture.

I have seen this happen as well.

Once, I said to the gentleman, "I don't want a picture of me. I want a picture of my tablemates." And he let me have the picture.

I never tried to ask after that, but it was nice that he let you have the one with your table mates. :)

Did witness shameful couple in the back lining up their formal photos they had asked to have done, and were taking their own pictures of the photos. I quietly let the staff know what they were doing and he told me they had already been warned that it was not allowed, but persisted after he left apparently.

I never tried to ask after that, but it was nice that he let you have the one with your table mates. :)

Did witness shameful couple in the back lining up their formal photos they had asked to have done, and were taking their own pictures of the photos. I quietly let the staff know what they were doing and he told me they had already been warned that it was not allowed, but persisted after he left apparently.

Makes you wonder why they didn't have someone else take their pictures with their camera when no one was at the different backdrops or at different locations around the ship. :rolleyes:

Makes you wonder why they didn't have someone else take their pictures with their camera when no one was at the different backdrops or at different locations around the ship. :rolleyes:

Agree. They were the kind of formal photos that takes up a lot of the camera crew's time. They obviously had no intention of buying them. :(

Pretty tacky! :o

J

So on the ships were they don't print them out first, you still get to choose from the video screen and they print it out?

Thanks.

On Oasis back in May of 2016 we went to the photo store late the last night and were able to order our free photos via the kiosk. I think I remember we were able to pick them up the next morning.