I don't flaunt my C&A Status

Warning! The following account may be viewed as a humble brag. Take precautionary measures!

Back when the loyalty ambassador did future bookings, we were just standing up for our scheduled appointment when a woman swooped in looked at us and said, "Sorry I'm a diamond" and proceeded to sit down with Loyalty Ambassador. The fact that we were D+ was amusing. Status aside, the fact that the Loyalty Ambassador allowed her to sit down was very disappointing given we had an appointment. Anyway, it does happen. Thankfully they're only a minority.

Humble heckkkk!!!! That was down right bragadocious

You braggart You :D

We sometimes have bartenders ask, "Aren't you going to the thing?"

"What thing?"

"The top tier thing, they are having a lunch." Or "Aren't you going up to the lounge for drinks and food?" Or "Aren't you going to the party?"

And we are usually wearing shorts and flip flops and sitting on the pool deck, and usually reply, "No, I don't think so. Thanks though." :D:D

I am Diamond Plus and once and only once did I leverage my status on a Spring Break Cruise on The Explorer. While waiting to board in Cozumel with a few hundred extremely drunk and rowdy college students I made the decision to go to the front of the line, flash my card and beg for mercy. The staff was gracious and apologetic. I don't think they were having much fun either...

Once on the Serenade we were in line for dinner. A couple that we had met earlier was in front of us complaining about having to wait. Both of them starting waving their gold cards and yelling HEY to the gentleman directing the line. He motioned to the couple and as they were going to the front of the line the lady grabbed my dress and started to pull us with them saying very loudly " come on, you're one of us! You don' t have to wait with these people!" I was mortified! So embarrassed DH and I stayed in line and shook our head. Hubby stepped up and told the couple "we like these people and we want to sit at a large table and eat with them!". Now the eyes were on them instead of us. They stuck their entitled noses in the air and walked in the MDR. We had a lovely dinner at an 8 top with lovely people!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don’t blame them but rather the cruise lines. They are the one creating the statues making us believe we are more important because of it.

They call us “loyal” and every single adjetive you can imagine so we can feel important to them. I believe the more we know about a cruise line and the higher we go in their status the more the cruise line hates us.

I have seen many people with gold cards that are super nice and when they are not I stop paying attention to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Warning! The following account may be viewed as a humble brag. Take precautionary measures!

Back when the loyalty ambassador did future bookings, we were just standing up for our scheduled appointment when a woman swooped in looked at us and said, "Sorry I'm a diamond" and proceeded to sit down with Loyalty Ambassador. The fact that we were D+ was amusing. Status aside, the fact that the Loyalty Ambassador allowed her to sit down was very disappointing given we had an appointment. Anyway, it does happen. Thankfully they're only a minority.

You should have walked up to her, sat down in her lap and tell her you were D+. The fact that you didn’t say anything proves that you are a nice person and that you don’t flaunt [emoji5][emoji1303]. But thumbs down for the LA. Boo!

Cindy

Irrespective of the status i would have said to the LA this is my appointment time.

If the other person had a Time before me fair enough but if they hadn't i would have insisted saying i have made an appointment and been waiting patiently.

This is why these rude people get away with this because people let them.

Is it flaunting your status if there are 2 lines at customer relations- one for Diamond and up and one regular- and you go in the very short Diamond line?

Same when checking in.

You are only following RC instructions and going to the proper line.

My Father and I are almost Diamond and when we sail we are some of the nicest people around who loves to socialize.

To me it does not matter if we are Gold or Emerald just that we are having a fun time and socializing with the right people.

I have never used status to get us better service. I figure the agent at the front desk or MDR can see our status on our SeaPass Card.

Whenver there is a problem I hand over the SeaPass card and they say"Thank You for being a loyal guest let me see what I can do".

I have seen these people rush up to the front of the line yelling and flashing their SeaPass Card saying" Were Diamond Were Diamond+ and we need you to fix this now. I don't care about the line.

I would never fathom to do this. The cruiseline knows who is a good customer. If we have an issue we bring it up to the front desk who notates the account and we then allow them to rectify the situation.

We also leave feedback wih corporate an they have helped us. You see its the way you give feedback.

Once I got the chance to speak with the Head of Guest Relations about the smoking policy not being enforced. He agreed with me and took it upon himself to get it resolved.

If you don't speak up how can they read your mind if you are having a problem?

The same goes for flying in First Class. I am gracious to the flight attendants and they have commented how nice the man in seat 1A is and offered me better service. Wherever i go I try to be gracious and understading.

What are your views on this? It doesn't get you extra brownie points to cut in front of line unless you have a life threatening emergency and flaunt your status. I am sure the front desk agents talk durirng their breaks about these kind of entitled guests.

You are part of a dying breed my friend, common courtesy towards other people has gone out the window. All of the that I encounter get treated with the same respect and dignity that I would want to be treated with, even when there is a problem. There were times I was not satisfied with the response to the problem I kept a cool head and found someone that could help. Thank you for being a good human being.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Same when checking in.

You are only following RC instructions and going to the proper line.

After making Platinum, we were checking in for a cruise in Miami I think. We were directed to the Platinum line. There were a couple of people in front of us. The line for "regular" passengers was non existent. We got out of the Platinum line, walked over to the "regular" counter and checked in. There were people standing in the platinum and Diamond lines. I guess they felt entitled to wait.

I have to admit that I assume people are as interested in my status as I am in theirs. Not in the least.

When I see people refer to status when they post or ask a question, I figure it is because it is relevant to the question/post.

I have never seen anyone use or flaunt their status on any cruise I've been on but then I'm not really paying that much attention to what other people are doing.

And there appears to be a relationship between status and age. Plus, I'm not sure frequent cruising counts as an "accomplishment" worthy of bragging about.....

I have to admit that I assume people are as interested in my status as I am in theirs. Not in the least.

When I see people refer to status when they post or ask a question, I figure it is because it is relevant to the question/post.

I have never seen anyone use or flaunt their status on any cruise I've been on but then I'm not really paying that much attention to what other people are doing.

And there appears to be a relationship between status and age. Plus, I'm not sure frequent cruising counts as an "accomplishment" worthy of bragging about.....

Ii could not agree more! :) Have never seen anyone flaunt their perceived status on a cruise ship. I could care less about it! The only time I see it mentioned is here.

Reader

Is it flaunting your status if there are 2 lines at customer relations- one for Diamond and up and one regular- and you go in the very short Diamond line?

I actually have not seen those signs for separate lines at guest services any longer. They may have had too many complaints? :o

I can’t believe I’m reading this. I thought I was going on a vacation, not a place where people are split by class or expected level of entitlement. 🤦*♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awww...I love your signature!! :hearteyes:

Irrespective of the status i would have said to the LA this is my appointment time.

If the other person had a Time before me fair enough but if they hadn't i would have insisted saying i have made an appointment and been waiting patiently.

This is why these rude people get away with this because people let them.

Totally agree, and the LA should have politely pointed it out to the offending woman that the waiting couple had an appointment. Shame on the LA! :(

My interpretation?

The fact that you’re even bringing it up means you’re flaunting your status.

This is exactly what I was thinking as I read the OP's post.

Why the need to bring it up at all?

I wonder why that would be? And I suspect that people feel that the ability to cruise frequently signifies success in other aspects of life.