1610 on Navigator. Things I wished we known before.

Just off Navigators 31/3 sailing and feeling the need to share / warn others about this cabin.

1610 is a standard balcony cabin on Deck 10 right next door to the Royal Suite. Good location right?

Wrong.

I'm not sure what all the sailings are like on this ship but, for some reason , every single night we had someone clattering around with clompy footwear - every single night between 2 and 4 AM - directly above our heads.

The smoking area is there - directly above on deck 11. Can only think it was the dregs finding something to do after the nightclub closed. Loud stampy feet early morning is not good if you're a light sleeper. If we'd known about the racket from above on this deck we would never have given this cabin a thought. But we didn't know.

It is seriously noisy.

Also. Did you know the Royal Suite has a Jaccuzzi? Did you know that when that thing is working it sounds like someone is using an Industrial Strength vaccuum cleaner? The Royal Suites bathroom is located behind the wardrobe in 1610 but it sounds like it's right in there with you - On full tilt. Man. That thing is NOISY!

Thankfully the people occupying the |Royal Suite / 1620 only used it before 6pm but if you had someone a little less considerate? that noise could be really really annoying.

Just giving a shout out - wished we'd known about that deck noise from above - it was bad. Really really bad.

Edited by PederLin

All the suite and balcony cabins on deck 10 can suffer from noise from the above pool deck and Windjammer. Sorry you had to learn by doing. We always book on deck 9 now after a few noisy nights up on deck 10. It is crazy how RCI located some of its prime real estate, suites, under deck 11.

We were also on deck 10, 1278, a grand suite. I guess we were fortunate. There was a bit of noise early in the evening, but wasn't for long, and didn't impede our sleep. We thoroughly enjoyed our room, the entire staff, and ports. We like the newer and larger ships, but this was a pleasant surprise for us. The smoke and noise from a hot tub would have definitely put a damper on things. Sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on Deck 10 last year (1555) and thought the placement was fine - quiet and convenient, so we've booked almost exactly the same cabin this year (1553)

Yes, not all Deck 10 cabins are created equal nor are the humans that occupy them. We've been booking Deck 10 cabins on both Freedom and Voyager Class ships and have yet to be disturbed. I don't know if it's us or the actual cabin location.

We have been in GS on Navigator twice , also GS on Liberty and Brilliance all on deck below WJ and pool, also did same deck on many other lines and had no issues, my sister had a huge suite below pools and they hated it due to noise. Looking forward to 2 more cruises this year all on deck 10

(PederLin Just off Navigators 31/3 sailing and feeling the need to share / warn others about this cabin. 1610 is a standard balcony cabin on Deck 10 right next door to the Royal Suite. Good location right? Wrong. I'm not sure what all the sailings are like on this ship but, for some reason , every single night we had someone clattering around with clompy footwear - every single night between 2 and 4 AM - directly above our heads.)

We were in 1608 on voyager in a OS had the same noise from above like banging pipes at the same times (put it down to pool maintenance at night only had 1 good nights sleep.)

Glad we're not alone. This noise was definitely human footsteps though - sounded like a bunch of people in stilletto heels. You could hear them going down the midship stairwell afterwards too, shouting and screaming with laughter. One night, after they'd finished their wild dance party above us they opened up their balcony door - then slammed it it shut again at 4.30 am.

I didn't start this thread to moan (well, maybe a little bit ) I just wanted to warn anyone else that you might encounter this racket overnight.

As a caveat , I'll be 60 years old next year, and have an acute sense of hearing. My wife slept through it all every night so I guess some people may not be affected.

One thing that you "would" certainly hear is the racket from that jaccuzzi from the Royal Suite though. If you had a bunch of wild party animals going in there at night I can guarantee that you would be woken up by it.

I should have taken a video.

We have 1390 on Navigator in December which is an aft balcony on deck 10 and all the reviews I have seen have said noise from above is not an issue. Anybody have a different experience? Thanks in advance.

Please. This thread is about just one cabin on Navigator. I did not intend to scare anyone who may have booked any other cabin on deck 10. If you need to know about a particular cabin please could you ask elsewhere?

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has actually stayed in 1610 or in the Royal Suite. ie do they ask you not use your Jaccuzzi in the Royal Suite after a certain time of day?

Guess you were. Could I ask which itinerary and when?

We had more than a few rowdy groups on this cruise. Apparently they were told to cool their behaviour.

It was a Med cruise several years ago, can't remember the actual dates but I know it was later in the season and it was not a rowdy group at all.

Ah. So. Several years ago is like a lifetime in how things may have changed with regards to how things are , like, now?

Dance music generation. People like to dance. Early in the morning. After the club has closed they go out on the pool deck for a smoke or whatever. And when they bust some moves in those heels they're wearing? THey wake you up.

I'd like to think that they don't mean anyone any ill but, personally, I'd rather see that area closed off at a certain time of night.

At least then you could blame the crew for being somewhat inconsiderate if they were making that kind of a racket at 4am.

• 6 months later...
Please. This thread is about just one cabin on Navigator. I did not intend to scare anyone who may have booked any other cabin on deck 10. If you need to know about a particular cabin please could you ask elsewhere?

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has actually stayed in 1610 or in the Royal Suite. ie do they ask you not use your Jaccuzzi in the Royal Suite after a certain time of day?

Nope, the last time we were in the Royal Suite, there was no request to limit the use of the tub. We will be back in the Royal Suite for the holidays. This is good information to know and I will be mindful that the tub noise will disturb our neighbors.

Edited by Sam.Seattle