Changes in Itinerary = Hurricane Cause

Scubaqn

Just received info about the Saints of Caribbean itinerary changes. Instead of St Barts, Virgin Gorda and disembark St Maartin we're headed to Dominica, Martinique and disembark Barbados. Not too bad considering the situation with the hurricane.

Concerned about Hurricane Maria now. Will there be any place left?

Received similar email for our November 18 Saints of the Caribbean trip. I suspect there will be additional changes to the itinerary. Windstar offered to reimburse airline change fees up to $250 per person.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was anyone able to get info from Windstar regarding changes to the Star Pride Virgin Islands cruise out of San Juan? We are booked on the Nov 25th sailing and unfortunately it looks obvious that most of the ports will not viable by that time.

Same boat as you, haven't heard anything yet. I can't see how they find a route out of Puerto Rico thats viable right now

And now Puerto Rico will probably not happen. We have a week on the Pride followed by a week on the Surf from St. Martin. That has been moved to Barbados. We cancelled and ate the $100 cancellation fee for the Surf. We made our living in the insurance business and never buy travel insurance. We have gone on trips where the insurance cost $5000 per person. We only needed insurance on one trip when my father died. The airline refunded the change fee once I sent them the newspaper obituary. So travel insurance was not necessary. We have saved enough not buying insurance so we can afford to eat another $100 when they move Pride to a different port.

And now Puerto Rico will probably not happen. We have a week on the Pride followed by a week on the Surf from St. Martin. That has been moved to Barbados. We cancelled and ate the $100 cancellation fee for the Surf. We made our living in the insurance business and never buy travel insurance. We have gone on trips where the insurance cost $5000 per person. We only needed insurance on one trip when my father died. The airline refunded the change fee once I sent them the newspaper obituary. So travel insurance was not necessary. We have saved enough not buying insurance so we can afford to eat another $100 when they move Pride to a different port.

I take it you still have > 90 days to go until your surf sailing?

just received notice yesterday for the 3 Mar 2018 wind surf cruise port changes. they haven't updated the island tours but the ship is basically sailing around the spice islands. St Lucia is still on the menu but now sailing south to Grenada. Jet blue is filling up fast it is one of the few air lines that goes down there. We called the Air Line direct and explained what happened it was actually cheaper to fly to Barbados than St. Maarten. Just about the same time getting there as before

Was anyone able to get info from Windstar regarding changes to the Star Pride Virgin Islands cruise out of San Juan? We are booked on the Nov 25th sailing and unfortunately it looks obvious that most of the ports will not viable by that time.

I'm wondering also. We sail early Dec. on Pride. There aren't many options at this point, and who knows if San Juan will be open for business by then. I keep checking the website, and my email, several times a day. We just want to make other cruise plans if a new itinerary doesn't work for us.

I'm wondering also. We sail early Dec. on Pride. There aren't many options at this point, and who knows if San Juan will be open for business by then. I keep checking the website, and my email, several times a day. We just want to make other cruise plans if a new itinerary doesn't work for us.

I take it you still have > 90 days to go until your surf sailing?

Yes we are booked on the Pride January 27 and the Surf February 10.

WindStar's website says the Pride will be sailing roundtrip out of San Juan as planned this season. However, they are evaluating ports on the itinerary, and it says there will be changes.

The only port we really hope stays is Montserrat...that is primarily why we booked the cruise. Of course, that will be the one that gets dropped. And that will be okay, we will still be on a ship, and we will go somewhere else.

I hope some of these ports open sooner than expected, mainly because I know how much they depend on tourism. We are doing what we can to help and support the islanders, but the biggest help will be bringing back tourist dollars.

WindStar's website says the Pride will be sailing roundtrip out of San Juan as planned this season. However, they are evaluating ports on the itinerary, and it says there will be changes.

The only port we really hope stays is Montserrat...that is primarily why we booked the cruise. Of course, that will be the one that gets dropped. And that will be okay, we will still be on a ship, and we will go somewhere else.

I hope some of these ports open sooner than expected, mainly because I know how much they depend on tourism. We are doing what we can to help and support the islanders, but the biggest help will be bringing back tourist dollars.

Really hoping Montserrat doesn't get dropped. From what I understand it is the only port out of the itinerary that didn't get severely damaged. Still not sure about what to do with the 3 extra days we have in San Juan. I guess the hope is most of it will be up and running in two months.

Really hoping Montserrat doesn't get dropped. From what I understand it is the only port out of the itinerary that didn't get severely damaged. Still not sure about what to do with the 3 extra days we have in San Juan. I guess the hope is most of it will be up and running in two months.

Have they announced the new San Juan itineraries for the Star Pride? I'm looking at the Dec 23rd cruise, but it's still showing all the old ports.

3 days in San Juan???

Thanks!

Have they announced the new San Juan itineraries for the Star Pride? I'm looking at the Dec 23rd cruise, but it's still showing all the old ports.

3 days in San Juan???

Thanks!

They did not announce anything yet. My TA talked to them and there is nothing official about any port replacements. Nothing on the site either. The 3 days in San Juan is because we got non-changeable airfare to spend some a few days there. Probably wasn't the best choice in retrospect.

The 3 days in San Juan is because we got non-changeable airfare to spend some a few days there. Probably wasn't the best choice in retrospect.

A lot of airlines are waiving change fees. The difference in airfare may be an issue, however.

They did not announce anything yet. My TA talked to them and there is nothing official about any port replacements. Nothing on the site either. The 3 days in San Juan is because we got non-changeable airfare to spend some a few days there. Probably wasn't the best choice in retrospect.

We are in the same situation and having been to purto rico numerous times and watching the news stories about the human crisis we are most uncomfortable. We have communicated our concerns to Windstar and awaiting a response.

There is a statement from Windstar here:

https://www.windstarcruises.com/caribbean-updates/

It says that they expect San Juan to be ready by the time of their cruises and they are still planning to use it.

The page says that itinerary changes have been emailed and posted, but it also says that additional changes are possible.

There is a statement from Windstar here:

https://www.windstarcruises.com/caribbean-updates/

It says that they expect San Juan to be ready by the time of their cruises and they are still planning to use it.

The page says that itinerary changes have been emailed and posted, but it also says that additional changes are possible.

The only cruises that they already made changes to and emailed the passengers are the cruises that were based in St. Maarten and are now based in Barbados. Regarding San Juan based cruises, they are keeping us in the dark. No changes posted or emailed. Called them last night and got the run-around.

I, too, am anxious to know what our new Star Pride itinerary from San Juan will be. However, the situation is still so fluid, I'm not surprised that Windstar has not announced anything. Any decision they make today could be obviously wrong within a few weeks. I would rather they wait until the situation is clearer, before making any decisions that cannot easily be changed.

I, too, am anxious to know what our new Star Pride itinerary from San Juan will be. However, the situation is still so fluid, I'm not surprised that Windstar has not announced anything. Any decision they make today could be obviously wrong within a few weeks. I would rather they wait until the situation is clearer, before making any decisions that cannot easily be changed.

I spoke to WS today- we are booked on the Dec 2 sailing out of SJU- and they said that they will know more about changes on Monday. With the exception of Montserrat, the entire itinerary will probably change. Virgin Gorda, St Bart's and Jost Van Dyke are surely off the schedule and I would assume that Vieques is also out. We are hoping to cancel and are happy to just get credit towards a future cruise but at this point WS is telling us to wait a bit longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I spoke to WS today- we are booked on the Dec 2 sailing out of SJU- and they said that they will know more about changes on Monday. With the exception of Montserrat, the entire itinerary will probably change. Virgin Gorda, St Bart's and Jost Van Dyke are surely off the schedule and I would assume that Vieques is also out. We are hoping to cancel and are happy to just get credit towards a future cruise but at this point WS is telling us to wait a bit longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good to know about Montserrat. It's the main reason we booked the Pride.

I'm not so sure St. Bart's is a scratch this point. They are planning to be ready for tourists in the beginning of November:

http://stbarth.com/hurricane-irma

There is also info in the St. Maarten forum on this site that they are planning to accept their first cruise ships in the beginning of November.