Early Saver Fare

babs135

Too be honest I think it very much depends on the ship and itinerary. We booked on the QV for next October back in March, so 19 months ahead on an Early Saver, but we've also seen Early Saver prices as late as three or four months out. They don't always work out the cheapest. Our friends booked the same cruise with a Cunard Fare at the same time and, taking the OBC into account, it worked out slightly cheaper. We spend hardly anything once on a ship so that wouldn't have suited us though.

In April, Cunard added an Early Saver price for the Oct 1 2018 Canaries cruise. That fare disappeared again in the last couple of weeks. But AFAIK, there's little obvious rhyme or reason to the patterns of offer and withdrawal of the fares.

Stuart

Can't help you on this one I'm afraid. Despite having looked at them several times since their "introduction", I have never gone for the "Saver Fares" as I like to know where my stateroom is, what time I will dine, what number of guests I'll be sitting with, not pay for shuttle busses and most importantly know the amount of my OBC

When you tot everything up the "Saver Fare" is not all it seems, particularly when you also get up to $550 PER PERSON OBC with the "Cunard Fare".

Good luck,

David

When you tot everything up the "Saver Fare" is not all it seems, particularly when you also get up to $550 PER PERSON OBC with the "Cunard Fare".

You really can't generalise! I've even seen the Cunard fare lower than a Saver Fare - just once. Certainly, the savings can be minimal, but at other times, they are significant, not least because OBC depends on cabin class,

Sorry for the novice question but what is the Cunard fare. We have only sailed once on Cunard QM2-TA) and purchased a promotional fare that upgraded us from a balcony cabin to Balcony Club. We would like to do another cruise but are a bit overwhelmed with the various fares and promotions. Some purchasing strategies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Harold

Sorry for the novice question but what is the Cunard fare. We have only sailed once on Cunard QM2-TA) and purchased a promotional fare that upgraded us from a balcony cabin to Balcony Club. We would like to do another cruise but are a bit overwhelmed with the various fares and promotions. Some purchasing strategies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Harold

To check the various prices you can always run a dummy booking on line, Checking the Fare types, sometimes when checking the cheaper fare it gives the option to upgrade to the Cunard Fare, So in theory you see both prices.

just fill in the type and number of Staterooms, number of passengers/Children and fill in the surname box only with any name, leaving the rest blank . Gives you an idea of the different prices.

When you book with a Travel Agent you sometimes will get a further discount off the booking. Some TA will have further offers supplied by the Cruise Line or their own offers.

USA only have one fare 'The Cunard Fare" which have different t&c to the UK fares, Although they our offering a similar fare on some sailings similar to the UK Early Saver fare type.

The Cruise Line make it very difficult but not impossible to book fares in different countries to the one you reside in.

If you do book in a different country you will receive a Cunard World Club number relevant to that Country, but you can get them linked to receive the benefits.

If you reside in the UK then, see this link regarding Cunard fare types

http://www.cunard.co.uk/cunard-experience/cruise-and-stay/our-fares/

UK Bookings:-

The Cunard Fare offers you ultimate flexibility and is available on all cruises regardless of when you book. With the Cunard Fare you can enjoy prioritised choice of dining and stateroom, and additional rewards.

The Cunard Fare is available on all cruises, regardless of when you book. It also gives you the flexibility to change your booking (subject to our booking conditions). When booking you will be required to pay a 15% deposit and you are able to pay the balance online at a later date.

You are offered your choice of stateroom number (subject to availability) and are the highest priority for receiving stateroom upgrades (where applicable).

You receive first priority for receiving your chosen dining seating time (in the Britannia Restaurant) choosing either 6.00pm or 8.30pm and table size. The Cunard Fare entitles you to a complimentary shuttle buses to and from the ship to the nearest transport hub (where applicable and provided by Cunard).

The fare also includes a choice of an additional complimentary benefit (on cruises of seven nights or more). Choose on board spending money which can be used for the purchase of drinks, shore excursions, spa treatments and much more^. Alternatively, choose from car parking at Southampton in a secure car park or return coach transfers - available on all Southampton roundtrip cruises.

Early saver fares offer a lower fare with some benefits and are available on selected cruises only. When booking you will be required to pay a 15% deposit and you are able to pay the balance online at a later date. Cunard will assign your stateroom location and number; your preference of dining time in the Britannia Restaurant will be confirmed on boarding and is subject to availability.

Saver Fares require a 100% deposit at the time of booking and are subject to a 100% cancellation fee. No amendments are permitted once booked; any amendment will be treated as a cancellation. Bookings are made at the relevant stateroom type and a stateroom number is allocated by Cunard prior to departure. Dinner seating as allocated on board. Shuttle buses in ports are an additional cost†.

Edited by Pennbank