Does anyone know which dance pros will be on the QM2 in November?

mcloaked

Although there is a list of which keynote speakers there will be on a Cunard cruise ahead of the sailing date, the corresponding list of names of professional ballroom dancers who will offer the show dances in the Queens Room, and offer ballroom lessons, is not generally available until embarkation and you are on board and look at the daily news. It is always possible for both the keynote speakers as well as the professional dancers that the schedule can change at short notice for a variety of reasons, but it would be really nice to know ahead of boarding who the professional dancers will be.

Does anyone know which dance pros will be on board the QM2 on cruise M743B in November?

Unlike the keynote speakers ( who are only onboard for a particular itinerary) dance professionals are part of the crew compliment for the period of time they are on contract to Cunard, which could be up to three months or longer.

Therefore crew members contracts and rotations are not made public. The only way to find out, is by word of mouth via other guests who may have travelled on the fleet in the last few weeks .

Hope this helps.

Unlike the keynote speakers ( who are only onboard for a particular itinerary) dance professionals are part of the crew compliment for the period of time they are on contract to Cunard, which could be up to three months or longer.

Therefore crew members contracts and rotations are not made public. The only way to find out, is by word of mouth via other guests who may have travelled on the fleet in the last few weeks .

Yes that is true - if anyone who has been on QM2 in the past week or two and knows who the dance pros are on board currently, or who have heard who they will be for the next month or two, I would love to know.

• 2 weeks later...
Although there is a list of which keynote speakers there will be on a Cunard cruise ahead of the sailing date, the corresponding list of names of professional ballroom dancers who will offer the show dances in the Queens Room, and offer ballroom lessons, is not generally available until embarkation and you are on board and look at the daily news. It is always possible for both the keynote speakers as well as the professional dancers that the schedule can change at short notice for a variety of reasons, but it would be really nice to know ahead of boarding who the professional dancers will be.

Does anyone know which dance pros will be on board the QM2 on cruise M743B in November?

We are on M743B as well. Sorry I don't know who the pros are; but we will find out in a couple of weeks.

We are on M743B as well. Sorry I don't know who the pros are; but we will find out in a couple of weeks.

I had a reply from Cunard today - the pros will be Olga and Sergiy, a Ukranian couple, who are excellent top level dancers, and who teach the ballroom and Latin dances extremely well in their classes for beginners. I don't know if they will do any classes beyond beginner level as the cruise is three segments which can be booked independently so the classes generally then seem to start again for each segment - on a longer single cruise I believe there is an effort made to continue development of dance training beyond the basics. We had this couple a few years ago on the QM2, and were very impressed, so we are looking forward to seeing their show dances again on the QM2.