Sky owners suite issue, any suggestions?

Mirakrye

We are booked to sail this coming week and my brother has booked the owners suite for their anniversary. We booked all the rooms last year while on the honeymoon cruise.

The problem is that he was just informed 2 days to sailing, that the suites hot tub is not going to be usable at all. For many this wouldn’t be a serious issue but it was the ultimate selling point for the two of them to pay over $4000 for this cruise. I can’t express how much.

They were notified that it is unusable and they would have a $300 onboard credit because of it. There is nothing onboard that isn’t already included that they would have use for it. We were all on the same cruise and rooms last year.

Has anyone had something of this sort happen?

How was it resolved?

Anyone have any idea if there is something that could be requested in lieu of that $300 credit to still make their cruise memorable?

You could use your OBC toward extra tips for the butler/concierge and any dining staff. Or they could use it in the jewelry shop to have a lasting souvenir.

If it is a refundable OBC and you don't use it, then the $300 will be sent to you in a check approximately 2-3 months following the cruise.

Whoa.

I'd be MAD.

I haven't done it yet but one of my goals in life is to book a stateroom with my own personal hot tub on deck.

Really, this is very important to me!

Many people who book this suite may not care about it but it sounds like it was a big deal to them, too.

There's no way that $300 OBC would cut it.

I don't have any great advice for you just sympathy.

Oh dear... can you tell me which Owner’s suite this is? We are booked on the Sky for Nov. 24. I just switched our cabin from 9201 to 8201 when I saw it became available yesterday because I wanted a bigger hot tub. Should I be concerned?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They should ask for spa passes for the week. They wouldn't have their private hot tub, but it would be a reasonable compensation. They deserve a semi-private hot tub at the very least.

There are no spa passes on the Sky as there are no hot tubs or thelasotherapy pools in there.

I cruised twice on the Sun, Sky's sister ship in aft ph. Friends in Owner's Suite had us up. I thought it was interesting to have that private hot tub.

I know this is a stretch, but not everybody loves hot tubs... And I'm one of them. Perhaps NCL could approach the other cruisers in Owner's suites and see if anybody would like to switch with you and get that onboard credit instead of you.

If not, I would nicely and calmly ask NCL for $500 off a future cruise as you do not need OBC. Worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Take a look at the price of booking that suite vs. the price of booking the next suite down that does not include the hot tub.... looks like it's about $300 per person difference. So I'd suggest a $600 OBC (300 per person) might be more reasonable given those facts.

That's for a 3 night sailing to Bahamas. If you're on a 4 night it might be a bigger difference.

I didn't get notifications on the replies so im so sorry that I didn't respond to the room number request. It was 8201 I think. Id have to look it up.

The whole trip was much less than expected and previously experienced tho to be honest. Having had the same cabin the year before and seeing a surpreme level of in-cabin service and amazing employees to this trips very lackluster and almost resentful ones. The new butler was ok but not last years "great", the concierge was the absolute worst. The "washy washy" sanitizer people were friendlier and more attentive then him.

Hopefully they've replaced him for any future trips!

We were told that the hottub parts had been ordered but not received yet. Apparently still 4 months later..

Already booked for the next trip but no more Sky for now..

NCL Getaway this time.

Hopefully its a much better trip!

While a "hot tub" sounds nice, I have no idea what is in those water lines.....not a fan of public recirculating tubs. (I know it's not "public" like on the pool deck, but who knows what is in the water that stands in the jetted lines.) No thanks! The jetted tubs in the suites are NOT chlorinated or bleached after others have been in them.

Lol I agree personally but in this case..

Last years trip the hottub was just a giant tub. No jets.. No heating element. Just a big round tub on the private deck you fill yourself and it cools down.

We didn't check the upgrades this trip since it didn't work.

While a "hot tub" sounds nice, I have no idea what is in those water lines.....not a fan of public recirculating tubs. (I know it's not "public" like on the pool deck, but who knows what is in the water that stands in the jetted lines.) No thanks! The jetted tubs in the suites are NOT chlorinated or bleached after others have been in them.

Just curious, do you shower while you are on board?

The jetted tubs are using the same water you would use to shower, and brush your teeth with. And the tub is cleaned between people. Well, unless you are letting random passengers in your cabin.

The Owner's Suite on the Sky has an outdoor hot tub on the balcony, like the Garden View on the Jewel. I imagine it is cleaned thoroughly, and probably chlorinated like crazy, just like all the other public water.

I am always curious about the number of people who refuse to use ship's pools or hot tubs. I wonder if they use the pools or hot tubs at regular hotels or other places. Cruised once were a guy complained every time his wife got in the hot tub about how gross it was. But he got in the pool at the dock in Grand Cayman. Not to mention he ate at the buffet, and that is way worse than what is in the over chlorinated water of the hot tub.

Sailing April 2018 will be in cabin 8201 that are lot of you are talking about hot tub not working. If you stayed in the owners suite cabin 8201 and the hot tub didn't work did they offer you anything or did you have to ask for something for your disappointed. Thanks

Just curious, do you shower while you are on board?

The jetted tubs are using the same water you would use to shower, and brush your teeth with. And the tub is cleaned between people. Well, unless you are letting random passengers in your cabin.

The Owner's Suite on the Sky has an outdoor hot tub on the balcony, like the Garden View on the Jewel. I imagine it is cleaned thoroughly, and probably chlorinated like crazy, just like all the other public water.

I am always curious about the number of people who refuse to use ship's pools or hot tubs. I wonder if they use the pools or hot tubs at regular hotels or other places. Cruised once were a guy complained every time his wife got in the hot tub about how gross it was. But he got in the pool at the dock in Grand Cayman. Not to mention he ate at the buffet, and that is way worse than what is in the over chlorinated water of the hot tub.

Even private hot tub chlorination is strictly regulated and monitored. The units have to be sanitized between sailings. Detailed logs must be kept and the ship is dinged by the CDC during inspections if the logs are incomplete or if the service was improperly done.