Mariner ?

springtx249

I don't know the "official" answer to the question, but I can tell you what we have observed.

We have been to many, many Mariner luncheons, and never once have the crew at the door ever asked to see our invitation. If you walk in together I am sure you will be fine. There is no assigned seating, just grab any table.

Also, if they have sailed on any of the other cruiselines under Carnival Corp., they would be considered one star mariners and therefore entitled to attend anyway.

I go to the Mariner Luncheon because it is the only time they give out the HAL tile for the ship you are sailing on. Great souvenir!

You can pick up the tiles at Guest Services, or ask your MDR waiter to bring it to to you at dinner, or ask your stateroom attendant to drop it off in the room.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't first time HAL cruisers get tiles during the Mariner lunch anyway? The luncheon is held on the last "at sea" day and by then wouldn't first time cruisers be considered Mariners by HAL? I'm pretty sure we rec'd tiles on our 1st cruise.

I agree with taxmantoo -- the brunch is nothing special. We haven't gone to one in years.

People line up at the doors. Once the doors are opened, they run to get tables -- why -- I don't know. There aren't even tables reserved for we long time Mariners.

We just ask our concierge to get the tiles for us.

We were invited to the special Mariners lunch on our last cruise. We are cruising early next year with a couple who have never sailed on HAL. Since they are linked in to our reservation, will they be able to attend this lunch as well.

ARE they mariners?

Have they sailed on any of the Carnival Corp. Family of ships?

If They are Mariners, they will be invited. (hopefully) Sadly, too many mistakes happen with those invites.

You can pick up the tiles at Guest Services, or ask your MDR waiter to bring it to to you at dinner, or ask your stateroom attendant to drop it off in the room.

Interesting. I was told by my stateroom attendant that I had to go to the luncheon and that he didn't have any!

We were invited to the special Mariners lunch on our last cruise. We are cruising early next year with a couple who have never sailed on HAL. Since they are linked in to our reservation, will they be able to attend this lunch as well.

Yes, they will be able to attend all Mariner functions you are invited to. My sister and her husband were new to HAL a few cruises ago and we asked at each function (the embarkation lunch, the Mariner luncheon, and the Mariners cocktail party) and they were welcome at all of them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have never seen anyone check on who attends Mariners lunch. As others said nothing very special unless you collect the tiles. We leave the tiles on the table. Did get a free beer there once.

Too bad I wasn’t on your cruise. I would have gladly taken your unwanted tiles. We used ours to make a nice tray and my sister mounted them on her “travel wall” in her den. [emoji4]

Yes, they will be able to attend all Mariner functions you are invited to. My sister and her husband were new to HAL a few cruises ago and we asked at each function (the embarkation lunch, the Mariner luncheon, and the Mariners cocktail party) and they were welcome at all of them.

Embarkation lunch is open to all

Mariners Cocktail Party ?

I was invited to cocktail party ....... but invite did not say Mariners :) I didn't go.

Embarkation lunch is open to all

Mariners Cocktail Party ?

I was invited to cocktail party ....... but invite did not say Mariners :) I didn't go.

They now host a free cocktail hour in the Crow's Nest after boarding but before the Muster Drill for Mariners. Most often it is only for 3 Star Mariners and up and they do check the room cards to validate admittance. The invitation can be handed out when checking in or be left on the bed in your room.

They now host a free cocktail hour in the Crow's Nest after boarding but before the Muster Drill for Mariners. Most often it is only for 3 Star Mariners and up and they do check the room cards to validate admittance. The invitation can be handed out when checking in or be left on the bed in your room.

totally agree - we've had that on every cruise we've been on for at least 3 years IIRC. It's actually a nice affair - especially if you have some roll call friends there ;)

For me, I look forward to the Mariner’s lunch, I get to see the captain and listen to their speech, love listening to the same toast to all the dam ships, I don’t really like the sparkling wine but I think what the heck, it starts to taste better after I have had a couple. And I collect the tiles, we want to cover a couple of side tables out of them to remember all the wonderful cruises and ships we have been on. I wish there was an area for people who don’t want their tiles so other passengers could pick them up. I am grateful that HAL goes through the time and trouble to acknowledge and thank us for cruising with them. People keep talking about all the cutbacks on cruise ships, I hope they keep doing the Mariners lunch. I don’t get tiles on other ships. :)

They have the Neptune Suite Ceows Nest thing, too I hav no interest in a cocktail party when there is unpacking to be done. :loudcry:

BAD idea at that time IMO

Interesting. I was told by my stateroom attendant that I had to go to the luncheon and that he didn't have any!

If it happens again, ask at Front Office, be a tiny bit insistent if necessary

Ask that they see to it you receive one.

S7S, just goes to show that all things are not consistent on ships.

On all of our cruises, the Neptune Suite reception has been at 7:30 PM (in time for after dinner drinks for early dining or pre dinner drinks for main dining)

the Mariner's reception has always been in the afternoon but never the Neptune Suite reception. ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't first time HAL cruisers get tiles during the Mariner lunch anyway? The luncheon is held on the last "at sea" day and by then wouldn't first time cruisers be considered Mariners by HAL? I'm pretty sure we rec'd tiles on our 1st cruise.
No one is 1-star until completion of their first cruise, unless they have sailed on a CCL sister line. If it was as you said, there would be no need for invitations since everybody would qualify.

No one is 1-star until completion of their first cruise, unless they have sailed on a CCL sister line. If it was as you said, there would be no need for invitations since everybody would qualify.

But back to the OP question, the couple they are cruising with who are new to HAL, can accompany them to the Mariners luncheon and they will also be given the tiles.

But back to the OP question, the couple they are cruising with who are new to HAL, can accompany them to the Mariners luncheon and they will also be given the tiles.

Yes, and I think this is the best way to get the tiles plus a free meal.

Yes, and I think this is the best way to get the tiles plus a free meal.

Free meal? All meals on the sHip but for alterntive restaurants are paid for in our f are . Sure if you order an extra cost item you may pay a little but that is optional. And yes, they get a tile.

Edited by sail7seas

Just to jump in on this thread with a quick question...

I'm a first time HAL cruiser but have sailed with other Carnival brands (Princess, Costa, Cunard, P&O). Comments on here suggest that makes me a 1-star mariner?

How would I go about registering for the HAL loyalty scheme and linking those past cruises?