Comedy Cruise 3 Aug

Here's my general tips:

- If you are particular about eating in the Waterfront at a certain time, go there as soon as you are on-board and book a table for that night and the remaining 3 nights.

- If you want to go to any of the specialty restaurants, book those in as well. They will be set up on a table at the Waterfront as well, so when you are doing your dinner booking you can do your specialty booking as well.

- If you want to participate in any of the cocktail/martini/whiskey/wine classes, they usually have sign-up sheets for those at The Orient Bar. The Martini classes are usually very popular, while with the Wine Tasting it is usually easy to just turn up and get into that one (they hold it in the Waterfront restaurant and usually just set up a few more tables for people who just turn up without booking).

- Definitely try to get along to the comedy shows - I find the comedians are usually very good and very well suited to a 'cruising audience'.

- If you are travelling without kids, make a bee-line to the Adults-Only Oasis - grab a lounger and a cocktail and enjoy the relaxing while watching the world go by.

- Don't forget your 'costumes' - your Gatsby gear and your Blanco (although, out of Auckland, it might be a 'Black' Party as opposed to a 'White' Party).

And remember, it's 3 days to just chill and relax ... go with the flow and enjoy!

We are on the same cruise - I've done two before but those were food and wine, this is my first comedy. My daughter did the last comedy cruise though and said the shows were at 7 and 9 pm - this cruise though is a "big laugh" comedy cruise so there will probably be more shows? I agree about booking in your dinner at Waterfront - last time we didn't do this and there were massive queues later when we were asked to turn up.

We also went to the pantry early one night (around 5pm) and got a good table and relaxed while we waited for the 5.30 pm opening. The food was all fresh and hot and it was quite a good way to do this. Alternatively going later after the rush is good.

If you like a little dancing, go to the Gatsby dance class - there are usually two on the day of the Gatsby party (Saturday night for this cruise).

Feel free to ask any questions :)

We are on the same cruise - I've done two before but those were food and wine, this is my first comedy. My daughter did the last comedy cruise though and said the shows were at 7 and 9 pm - this cruise though is a "big laugh" comedy cruise so there will probably be more shows? I agree about booking in your dinner at Waterfront - last time we didn't do this and there were massive queues later when we were asked to turn up.

We also went to the pantry early one night (around 5pm) and got a good table and relaxed while we waited for the 5.30 pm opening. The food was all fresh and hot and it was quite a good way to do this. Alternatively going later after the rush is good.

If you like a little dancing, go to the Gatsby dance class - there are usually two on the day of the Gatsby party (Saturday night for this cruise).

Feel free to ask any questions :)

What are the food and wine cruises like competitively? A lot of up selling?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

What are the food and wine cruises like competitively? A lot of up selling?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

No, the food and wine cruises are good. Sure you can pay $25 to attend various cheese tastings, cocktail making etc but the cooking demonstration is free and basically, if you don't do the food and wine stuff (which we didn't) then it's just an ordinary cruise with great shows in the evening and normal activities.

I love the Big Laugh Comedy cruise but would do a food and wine one again no worries.