Is Sunday Brunch fleet wide?

TomAndJane

We were recently on the Zaandam and on Sunday's the Main Dining Room had a brunch from 11:30 - 1:00 p.m. with a completely different menu (example was the Seafood Poutine). Is the brunch offered fleet wide or was this something special on the Zaandam?

Thanks,

Tom

We've not experienced it on past cruises, and the only poutine that we've seen was on the Maasdam a couple of years ago during a Canada/New England cruise. They set up an elaborate "poutine bar" on the pool deck and had some very tasty offerings.

We've not experienced it on past cruises, and the only poutine that we've seen was on the Maasdam a couple of years ago during a Canada/New England cruise. They set up an elaborate "poutine bar" on the pool deck and had some very tasty offerings.

Mmmmm. Yes, that was yummy. Now I'm hungry. ;p

We were recently on the Zaandam and on Sunday's the Main Dining Room had a brunch from 11:30 - 1:00 p.m. with a completely different menu (example was the Seafood Poutine). Is the brunch offered fleet wide or was this something special on the Zaandam?

Thanks,

Tom

Here is the menu from the Zaandam for the entire day (Sunday) that was also Gala Night:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/ZA-Day-07Gala-Night.pdf

A Pastrami Sandwich with butter? Oh my! Somebody needs to take Chef Rudi to a decent NYC Deli.

Hank

Agreed! And while Chef Rudi is in New York someone needs to tell him that "New York pizza" is a SLICE and not an individual pie!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A Pastrami Sandwich with butter? Oh my! Somebody needs to take Chef Rudi to a decent NYC Deli.

Hank

LOL makes no sense since 90% of the time they don't put butter on the sandwiches.

As to the buffet I didn't see it on our last cruise but we didn't have a Sunday at sea I don't think. But, I could have missed it. We do have a Sunday at sea next year so I will be watching ;)

I did enjoy the Indonesian buffets we've had on Collectors cruises in the MDR for turnaround day.

Hank

And that lettuce has no business in there either. ;p

But overall, the brunch menu looks good. We have three Sundays on our upcoming Viking Passage in two weeks. Too bad they are all port days.

Here is the menu from the Zaandam for the entire day (Sunday) that was also Gala Night:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/ZA-Day-07Gala-Night.pdf

This is not entirely true. Our last Sunday was Victoria and it was not a Gala night. The first Sunday was as you said but not the second and it offered on both.

Tom

Hank

Or maybe you need to expand your horizons beyond NYC, as several very good chefs do use butter (or margarine) on their "plain" pastrami sandwiches. While most chefs do not use butter on their version of the Reuben Sandwich, many do use it on their plain pastrami sandwich. Use of butter on pastrami sandwiches is most common in the South (which I readily acknowledge is not NYC) but is also found in other areas of the US.

If you can't find enough recipes for pastrami sandwiches that use butter (or margarine) on the internet, please let me know, and I'd be happy to share my granny's recipe with you - it's "Slap yo' Momma good!!!"

Thanks,

Tom

On the Amsterdam during the WC this past winter, Sunday Brunch was served every Sunday that was a sea day. It was a fixed menu of three courses, with samples (bite sized) of 5 or 6 items per course. The first course was cold items like yogurt and fruit, the second course was hot items like tenderloin medallions, sausage and gravy biscuits and tiny omelets. Dessert was the final course with three sample size desserts. Orange juice was served or you could purchase mimosas. Tea and coffee were also available. It was all very tasty and the brunches were well attended.

Sounds good.

Does that mean no usual suite breakfast in Pinnacle on those Sundays?

I can't say with 100% certainty that the Pinnacle served breakfast, since I was not in a suite. But the Main dining room and the Lido both had their regular breakfast hours, so I think the Pinnacle did as well. This was on the Amsterdam. I can't speak for the other ship.

Interesting! I noticed a late night buffet... was that every night? I think my last two cruises didn’t include a late night buffet.... but then again.... I am not a late night eater so I could have missed it!

Interesting! I noticed a late night buffet... was that every night? I think my last two cruises didn’t include a late night buffet.... but then again.... I am not a late night eater so I could have missed it!

On the Zaandam there was a different themed Late Night Buffet every night at 10:30.